New Revivogen Formula

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got sides from topical spironolactone, does this mean I'd also be likely to get sides from Revivogen too?

I'm at the 9month mark with my current regimen, which has worked well thus far, but I'm going to need to add an AA soon and need one that is side-free.

Where is the conclusive proof that this stuff is actually "safe"?

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Primo said:
I got sides from topical spironolactone, does this mean I'd also be likely to get sides from Revivogen too?

I'm at the 9month mark with my current regimen, which has worked well thus far, but I'm going to need to add an AA soon and need one that is side-free.

Where is the conclusive proof that this stuff is actually "safe"?

Dont know if this is Conclusive but,

I did alot of research reading countless threads on revivogen and never encountered any whiff of side effects other than shedding - if that is classed asna side effect, any post i read that uttered a side effect was always someone who was on more than the big 3 so they always put it down to the finasteride, spironolactone etc.

After that i e-mailed revivogen directly to ask them about systemic absorbstion and side effects, got very prompt replies given the time difference, which put my mind at ease with each question (i can post their replies here)

Also typed in "revivogen side effects" into google which brought back nothing

All of that coupled with the fact its all natural ingredients and their own statement of "no side effects" sold it for me.

And so far all i experienced was a bit of light headed on the first application then then never got it again

Hope that helps

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man,

I Just want something that won't give me nasty sides, namely ED, which I got with finasteride and spironolactone.

Revivogen interests me a lot, although it does contain Saw Palmetto which is also associated with sexual sides. I trust what their people have to say on the subject although it wouldn't exactly be in their interests to be drawing attention to anyone who has experienced these sides.

At the 12month mark (July) I'm gonna evaluate my progress and maybe give this a try. I would start now, but my bro's wedding is coming up soon and I don't want to risk my hair going through a big shed before that.

Jacob

Reaction score
After that i e-mailed revivogen directly to ask them about systemic absorbstion and side effects, got very prompt replies given the time difference, which put my mind at ease with each question (i can post their replies here)

Did you happen to ask why they don't say why they've done away with the liposomal delivery system? I asked..didn't get any response.

JWM

Reaction score
What is your obsession with liposomes? I think about one out of every three posts you make are about them.

Jacob

Reaction score
Cute. My last two mentions of them on any forum are probably in this thread.

It's just a question I have. If they no longer use liposomes, why? Awhile back I actually was asking them about improving the product in some way, and the response was that it couldn't be improved- it worked so well. About half a year later they ended up changing it anyway. And then this latest change. One of their "selling points" was "Liposome’s are microscopic lipid packets that are used for delivery of many medications and are
commonly used by the pharmaceutical companies in topical preparations. Adding liposomal
delivery system further enhances the absorption of the active ingredients into the skin and aids in
their delivery to the hair follicle where they can exert their effects." etc.

:dunno:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
My own guess is that after actually trying it, they found liposomes not to be cost-effective. Dr. Proctor has said that liposomes do improve absorption of various substances, but not more so than simply applying those substances to thoroughly hydrated skin.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan, it took them what..8 years to figure that out? They had been using them for a very long time. But if what you say is true..shouldn't the product be cheaper now? :woot:

It's been shown and I've given examples of where less of an active is needed in liposome type tech...less or no side effects( the "drug" exampes)..and in at least one case- where something worked with the liposomes but didn't with the "regular" vehicle/delivery system.

And no..I'm not going to believe Dr. P on this issue, either. And it's not just about absorption- I would add that doing what Dr. P suggests can result in problems when done with things such as minoxidil. It's the time-release of the actives..some are made to target the follicles themselves..less or no alcohol/pg..etc etc.

maggie99

Reaction score
Jacob said:

Did you happen to ask why they don't say why they've done away with the liposomal delivery system? I asked..didn't get any response.

Here is the response I received from Revivogen:

"Dear xxoo

Please see below for the list of ingredients. Revivogen is in fact still using a Liposomal delivery system. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns."

And this upon my further questioning:

"We have never listed the liposomal delivery system in the ingredient list as it is not a separate ingredient rather a part of of ingredients we use.

If you look at that video by Dr. Khadavi on this pay you can hear him talk about Revivogen's delivery system http://revivogen.com/thescience.html

Best Regards

Alan"

ADVANCED SKIN & HAIR INC.
12121 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1012, Los Angeles, CA 90025 USA

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob, there you go. I am sure you are still not satisfied with that answer. By the way, Revivogen is definitely doing something for me. My shedding has decreased significantly. Your favorite product Dermapoetin never did that for me. Like I have posted before, some people respond to Revivogen and some don't. I do. :punk:

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Jacob, there you go. I am sure you are still not satisfied with that answer. By the way, Revivogen is definitely doing something for me. My shedding has decreased significantly. Your favorite product Dermapoetin never did that for me. Like I have posted before, some people respond to Revivogen and some don't. I do. :punk:

I've just ordered a 3 month supply of Revivogen...hopefully it'll compliment my existing regimen and I have good result like you DoctorHouse.

My regimen will now be:

finasteride - Every day
minoxidil foam - mornings
Revivogen - Evenings
Nizarol - Every other day

I am also considering adding:
Tee Tree oil shampoo
miconazole nitrate cream

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ajax said:
I've just ordered a 3 month supply of Revivogen...hopefully it'll compliment my existing regimen...

You hope it will compliment your existing regimen by saying nice things about it? :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Magster thanks for that...but what is the list of ingreds "below"....??? I'm well aware of ingredients being listed and not saying "liposomes" or anything btw.

DoctorHouse said:

DoctorHouse..well since you never thought they used liposomes...even though you used the product before..ahem :whistle: But I'm sorta satisfied..although that doesn't answer my question- why have they taken the wording off the website..and why they couldn't answer my questions..twice.

As for my "favorite product"..why is it that ppl always have to say something like that in responses to me..even though I've never said any product is my favorite product :dunno: But doing a search....this is what you said about Dermatopoitin:
I am trying this out as well since I am always a sucker for new products for hair loss. I do notice slightly less shedding so far and it does make my hair look thicker cosmetically. I use it at night and I already did the serum for the the first 4 days and now using the other serum for the next 10 days.
Nothing after that..no talk about your using it. So just like A&G..you say it's working for you and then nothing in-between feedback like that and some snide or negative comment about them. But whatever works for you...just stick with it :) I'm sure it'll be all positives on Revivogen from now on....

maggie99

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Magster thanks for that...but what is the list of ingreds "below"....??? I'm well aware of ingredients being listed and not saying "liposomes" or anything btw.

Your welcome Jacob.

Sorry here is the ingredient list:

Revivogen Scalp Therapy
SD Alcohol 40, Purified Water, Linolenic Acid(Gamma & Alpha), Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Saw Palmetto Extract, Ethyl Laurate, Beta Sitosterol, Caffeine, Octyl (Ehtylhexyl) Gallate, Dodecyl Gallate, Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Procyanidin B2 (Vitis Vinifera Extract), Azelaic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Menthol, EDTA, Perfume

The fact that the first ingredient is alcohol doesn't seem in line with liposomal delivery though. Dr K. from Elsoms might be able to give an answer on that.

Not to say that Revivogen can't be effective with a standard alcohol delivery, but that would mean dishonest marketing which counts for something.

And it can also be the truth of course. I question it only because liposomal delivery always seems to be evident from the ingredient list....

Jacob

Reaction score
Actually it can contain alcohol and be liposomal..but obviously it contains a lot as it's the first ingredient :shock:

Maybe you could ask them which ingredient(s) is used for the encapsulation? It has to be one of those in that list.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
ajax said:
I've just ordered a 3 month supply of Revivogen...hopefully it'll compliment my existing regimen...

You hope it will compliment your existing regimen by saying nice things about it? :)

:bravo: :woot: :smack:

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, so, upon reading about zinc and minoxidil and the theory that they may negatively affect eachother, i noticed that revivogen contains zinc sulfate...

is this reason for concern? im a rogaine user and id hate for revivogen to be messing with rogaine...

anyone know?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Two month update for Revivogen. First of all I just started my second bottle a few days ago so one bottle is lasting about 2 months. The most obvious thing I notice is that shedding has decreased dramatically and my hair has become so much stronger. I don't ever have scalp itch any more. My hair looks thicker but I don't know if there has been any regrowth. That does not matter. For the first time in a while my hair is actually looking great. I don't have to obsess about it as much. I always did well with Revivogen but the old formula was not user friendly. Like I have always said some people wil respond to Revivogen and others won't. Maintaining with Revivogen would be considered a success for me. If you have tried everything and never tried Revivogen, I would give it a shot.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats great to hear DoctorHouse.

Thats the type of results I got when I used Revivogen (old formula) a while back. I was stupid to stop it. When I used it first time round, my scalp and hair just felt healthier.

I am hoping for some thickness and maintenance too.

Jacob

Reaction score
Since this was bumped..I'm curious if anyone got an answer to the question about what is encapsulated..what ingredient is used for the encapsulation?