New Revivogen Formula

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
For those who think Revivogen is just another snake oil skip this thread now. For those who have been curious to try Revivogen keep reading. The new formula of Revivogen is a definite improvement cosmetically than the previous one. I received the new batch today and here are my opinions. The smell is virtually non existent and it smells similar to the shampoo. The color is a translucent very light amber color that does not stain. The formula absorbs much faster now and it does not feel greasy. It now has caffeine in it too which I don't know will make any difference. For those that believe its a snake oil, don't buy it. For those who liked the ingredients in Revivogen but could not stand the smell, greasy feeling, and staining, you might want to give this a try again.

I am a Revivogen responder so I am glad they made these cosmetic improvements. I think those who have never tried Revivogen in the past and cannot take Propecia may want to give this a try but you have to wait at least 6 months before you see any improvements. I think Revivogen works best on those who are just beginning to thin as in my case.

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't think it's snake-oil... but as I said elsewhere I find it odd their statements in the past to me about not improving the product because it..basically...worked so good and they didn't want to mess with it. This is the second "improvement" since then.

If anyone has the complete ingreds list for each formula..it'd be interesting to see.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob, I think its all about marketing. I think they realized finally why so many people did not buy it and so they listened this time. I don't think they were going to change it just because YOU asked them to do so......BUT if Bryan would have asked they would have done it immediately........................................... :whistle:

Does this mean you are going to give it a try now?

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the review house. Definately gonna try it now that it's less messy etc.

Il give an update in six months i guess.

Regime will be revivo in morn
Prox-N and spironolactone at night.

plus am on finasteride so im hoping it will completely halt loss and thicken up the hairline of my Norwood 2.5 a bit

Jacob

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Jacob, I think its all about marketing. I think they realized finally why so many people did not buy it and so they listened this time. I don't think they were going to change it just because YOU asked them to do so......BUT if Bryan would have asked they would have done it immediately........................................... :whistle:

Does this mean you are going to give it a try now?

LOL...no, that's not what I meant though. It WAS about marketing- the response was obviously to make me think that the product was "better than any agent out there" :whistle: ...so changing it wasn't necessary. It just made me roll my eyes that they'd say what they said to me and then end up changing it after all. The first change they made didn't address the cosmetic issues. With this one too they added an ingredient..although unless one has the ingredients to all 3 formulas who knows what all was added/subtracted. Hopefully they didn't dilute it or something..trying to make it more user friendly.

If any company was going by what I and others were saying..it'd be Divine Skin :shakehead:

And nah..I doubt I'll be trying it. I looked into it years and years ago when I first came on these boards..and I commented then how they seemed too infomercial-like..or something. I think it had to do with their ads back then. I suppose I could end up using it if the feedback gets better..but at the moment there are too many other things I'm wanting to use..and need to stick with what I'm using a bit longer anyway.

idontwanttobebalding...I learned a long time ago not to go entirely by what ppl say in these forums...good or bad about a product or company. Research research research is what I've always said.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob, I agree, research is good but sometimes you just have to try something if the research shows the product has some potential benefit. I remember before I even started Propecia or Rogaine, Revivogen was being positively recommended by Mr Bald Truth, Spencer K. So I jumped on the bandwagon and started using it. My hair thickened up alot and it helped maintain for many years until I decided to get greedy and use minoxidil and then Propecia. I even got a friend to try Revivogen and his hair improved too. He was a diffuse thinner. He quit all treatments later and he went bald very fast in those diffuse thin areas. Ironically, he was in his late 40's when his hairloss accelerated really fast and I would say he went from a diffuse thinner to a NW3V in about two to three years after he quit Revivogen. He is lucky because he is in his 50's and still no gray hair yet but he is still balding pretty fast and I think he may eventually reach a NW4V or NW5V by the time he is 60. Although a few hair transplant doctors have examined my hair and said I will never go bald, I still don't trust what they say and I will fight as long as I can. After seeing my friend go bald so fast in his late 40's scares the heck out of me since he had such great hair in his earlier years.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Although a few hair transplant doctors have examined my hair and said I will never go bald, I still don't trust what they say and I will fight as long as I can. After seeing my friend go bald so fast in his late 40's scares the heck out of me since he had such great hair in his earlier years.

How can you claim revivo works if you have no hairloss...? I think the doctors know better so what's the point of getting paranoid? I would rather seek a shrink.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
DoctorHouse said:
Although a few hair transplant doctors have examined my hair and said I will never go bald, I still don't trust what they say and I will fight as long as I can. After seeing my friend go bald so fast in his late 40's scares the heck out of me since he had such great hair in his earlier years.

How can you claim revivo works if you have no hairloss...? I think the doctors know better so what's the point of getting paranoid? I would rather seek a shrink.
You think if I had no hair loss I would be here. You obvious like to make conclusions based on not understanding what I said. They do see the thinning but they don't think I am going to be beyond a NW3 as long as I stay with the treatments. However, I do have the balding gene as show on the HairDX test. These doctors told me to stay on the medications as they seem to be saving my hair from getting worse. My dad went bald in his early twenties. I still could lose my hair later and these treatments are saving it. I never heard any of the hair transplant doctors say I don't need any treatment for my thinning so obviously I must be doing something beneficial.

Obsidian

Reaction score
This interests me greatly but it makes me wonder if it will be as effective.

Jacob

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Revivogen looks good on paper (some call it marketing) it addresses all the right issues for what it claims to be designed for. First thing I started with after nizoral.1%. That is the thing about using multiple products...which one is working and which one isn't? If research is reading others experiences with the product then here is mine. I was using Revivogen and S5 cream and had regrowth on my temple region. Not full blown growth...but long non-pigmented hairs. I stopped using them and now they are gone. I am going to try again. Just interested to know....how many products have you started, then stopped....then decided to try again?

A few..but that's part of my rotate rotate rotate strategy. I like to use things for a good period of time(could be daily..could be every other day..etc)- 6 months or more...then I'll use it less frequently and even eventually(I like to get off things slooooooowly..even start many that way) stop using it for awhile. One example of something I've stopped completely is Lamas' topical..which I'll be adding back into my rotation this spring.

I'm a big believer btw in using more than one product at a time..I don't care if it's impossible to figure out what is doing what :hmmm:

BTW..I was looking for the ingreds(posted below..if anyone has the latest to post...??..) and noticed the directions. To be used just once a day. Was the old formula THAT bad that ppl couldn't stand using it at night?

Revivogen Scalp Therapy Formula: Revivogen's active ingredients include: SD Alcohol-40, Gamma Linolenic Acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, (GLA & ALA)1 2 3, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Azelaic Acid4, Saw Palmetto Extract5 6 7, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin B6, Ethyl Laurate, Phytol, Beta Sito-Sterol, Grape Seed Extract, Procyanidin Oligomers8, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), EDTA, Purified Water, Perfumes.

I thought the delivery system was based on liposomes or at least used liposomes...I see it's main ingred is alcohol..and nothing liposome-like....Maybe the site I got it from doesn't have the complete list...

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
LooseItAll said:
DoctorHouse said:

You think if I had no hair loss I would be here. You obvious like to make conclusions based on not understanding what I said. They do see the thinning but they don't think I am going to be beyond a NW3 as long as I stay with the treatments. However, I do have the balding gene as show on the HairDX test. These doctors told me to stay on the medications as they seem to be saving my hair from getting worse. My dad went bald in his early twenties. I still could lose my hair later and these treatments are saving it. I never heard any of the hair transplant doctors say I don't need any treatment for my thinning so obviously I must be doing something beneficial.

Sorry then.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering giving this stuff a try in the next few months or so (want to give spironolactone, started just over a month ago, some time to prove itself) but just have a few questions...

is it effective at 1 ml a day (if im applying to hairline and crown)
if 1 ml a day will work, i could justify trying this stuff much more easily (id be using spironolactone at the opposite end of the day, so this wouldnt be my standalone defense... if that makes a difference)

also, does it need to be applied on its own, or can i apply something like minoxidil or spironolactone 20-30 min apart from revivogen

EDIT: and one more question, doe it contain propylene glycol? the listings of ingredients that ive seen have not mentioned it but i just wanted to make sure, because that would be a deal breaker for me

Thanks!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I find 1 ml plenty to cover front and back areas. The ingredients are listed above and it does have alcohol but no PPG. I would still use this stuff at night. I have been using this since Thursday and the smell is not as bad as before, its more of a menthol smell but you still smell it somewhat but nothing annoying. No staining and not as greasy and it does absorb quickly.

Jacob

Reaction score
So that is the ingreds list..but with caffeine added? I looked at Revivogen's site and I see nothing about liposomes/liposome-type tech anymore. But if it previously was greasy and didn't absorb well...doesn't sound like they were using them right or :dunno:

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the response house,

one more question for you though. do you apply the stuff to a hydrated or a dry scalp?

i know the general rule of thumb for topicals is apply to a hydrated scalp, but ive read that revivogen says to drop it on a dry scalp...wonder why they say that

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am sure you can apply it to a damp or towel dried scalp or dry scalp but I prefer a dry scalp. They recommend not to apply anything else to your scalp for at least 3 hours after or before you apply the Revivogen.

Obsidian

Reaction score
How long do you spread apart your minoxidil and Revivogen applications, House?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey Obsidian, I go into work late during most of the week so I will apply my Revivogen in the early morning unless I happen to wake up in the middle of the night. It will be on for at least 3 hours before I shower. If I do apply it the same night I wait at least 2 hours. Right now my hair is recovering from a shed I think I got from Renokin which I gave up on due to the fact that it has retinol in it. My shed also could have been due to my thyroid problem too which was getting worse the last 3 or 4 months. Now that I am on medication for the thyroid things are thickening up but I did shed alot when I started the medication. However, I went back on Rogaine Foam since its unscented around the same time too. I was using Dr Lee's stuff but switched over to the foam. Glad I did now that Dr Lee is out of business. I am starting to believe the foam works better in my case than the liquid. I think my scalp does better with the foam which has less alcohol and PPG and better absorption.

You have early thinning and loss so you may respond good to Revivogen like I do. If anything Revivogen will thicken up your hair in about 6 months. I think they have a 90 day money back guarantee if you don't see any improvement like less shedding or thickening of the hair. Like I always say, you will never know how a product benefits you until you try it for yourself. What may work for you may not work for someone else. You don't seem to have aggressive loss so Revivogen may help slow things down.

If I am not mistaken, the admin on this stuff does well with Revivogen too. I am wondering if he has tried the new formula and what he thinks of it.