New Revivogen Formula

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Im interested in this product since hearing about the new forumla, but has anyone experienced any bad sheds on Revivogen since the new formula or in the formula before that? i know there have been a few forumla changes and when i type "revivigen shed" into the search bar it does bring alot of threads and posts up but alot seem to be from years ago.

Im only using Tricomin spray, shampoo and Rev shampoo and some multi-vits at the moment (i know i dont have a strong regimen) but i fancy trying something new to add to it that doesnt carry too much baggage on the side effect front with it.

P.S. Are there any known minoxidil type side effects with Revivogen? by that i mean the dark circles under the eyes or wrinkling of the face?

Kind regards

Jacob

Reaction score
I emailed them asking why they no longer mention liposomes or such tech. 3+ days..nothing yet.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey House,
Did you at any point ever experience scalp irritation with the revivogen? And if you did, did it go away? Just wondering since ive heard this sometimes (irritation that goes away shortly after starting) and my scalps kinda sensitive, and im now debating between taking a chance on this stuff or finasteride...id really like to explore all my options before diving headfirst into finasteride use

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I did not experience scalp irritation but it is possible since it has alcohol and azelaic acid in it. If that happens you can back off to every other day until you get used to it. The fatty acids in it are supposed to decrease inflammation so it is less likely to happen. I have not had any problem with the new formula and its been a week now. Shedding is decreasing now too. If you buy it and dont like it, you have up to 90 days to return it and get your money back.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, good to know...i was wondering if the fatty acids would to anything like that... i think im trying it then. thanks again

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
so long story short, i got it and i tried it, and so far i like it. no irritation so far (knock on wood) going on 6 hours from my first application, stuff applies surprisingly easy, smells nice and doesnt make my hair look that bad at all (just a TAD oily, but not bad at all really), and the blood rush it gives your scalp (niacin flush i guess?) aint bad either, haha, pleasant light headed feeling for a few minutes

provided this stuff doesnt turn on my scalp, i will definitely give it a fair trial

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ Great to see someone else trying it, keep us updated on any progress shedding etc, is the light headed feeling normal?

Also, is it less messy than minoxidil i.e do you think you could style your hair after using rev without it looking too oily?

Thanks again, i think im gonna order some over the weekend

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
with a little effort, i think you could make your hair look presentable with the stuff in- though i dunno if id throw hair gel in or anything (just to be safe) still i think im personally just going to drop it in before bed. id imagine the lightheaded feeling is normal, it is caused by vitamin b3 (niacin) which causes increased bloodflow (so maybe its not really a LIGHT headed feeling, but you know what i mean, more of a rush, nothing gnarly) if youve ever had a 5 hour energy, they say on the bottle that you may get a flushed feeling, thats the niacin at work.

as far as liquid minoxidil, ive only used kirkland before, which i hated. the stuff was about as thick as water, ran all over the place when i dropped it, and made me itch like a b**ch (PPG), but this stuff is a bit thicker, the drops come out smaller, so its easy to make a lot of little drops all over your scalp using 1 ml, then rub it all in

i will definitely keep updates going (when appropriate, of course), but so far theres been no signs of irritation- a HUGE relief, just hope it stays that way

good luck Browny if you do decide to try it

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, good to know that you know where the head rush is coming from

I wonder if the caffiene will have an affect at all, either way pretty exciting
To hear about this new formula, gonna use it in conjunction with tricomin and hope for the best.

I will also keep all updated when i purchase it and keep this thread alive.

Thanks again man

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Gonna order some Revivogen tomorrow but just need some advice about using tricomin in addition..

Been on tricomin for over a year now, quite a few terminal hairs grown in the hairline albeit a few cm's below it, i like using tricomin and just wondered where best to slot it in? My plan is to use Rev once at night so i can carry on using tricomin every morning, but wanted to know whether to use tricomin before or after rev??

I know rev says not to use anything else for 3 hours, but i was wondering if i could use tricomin first then rev straight after once the tricomin has dried? If not i will prob just resort to using tricomin in the morning and just rev before bed

Many thanks

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would do the Tricomin in the morning and Revivogen at night. I find when you spread out topicals it makes things easier.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok just ordered it

I was use to applying tricomin twice a day but its gonna be too much hassle trying to apply both rev and tricomin at night so gonna go with your advice Doctorhouse as Rev is obvs gonna be a more effective topical anyway.

Bit nervous about shedding but will keep you all informed on any progress in this thread

Thanks

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Really?

Ha, well i have pretty much for over a year apart from weekends, not done too bad on tricomin i like how it thickens the hair up once dried and it has definitely grown some terminal hairs on the hairline (not many though)

I know Revivogen and Tricomin is a weak regimen compared to whats out there but i dont wanna use anything too strong topically or anything at all internally, so just gonna hope for the best

Lets see how we all get on

JWM

Reaction score
Any news on the new formula, House? How long have you been using now and what is your current regimen like these days? Also, how many mls do you use when applying? I'm thinking if someone uses 1.5 ml they could stretch it out to 4 months--make it more cost effective.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
JWM, I thought I was replying to you publicly but it ended up being a PM so take a look at it.

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
can you reply to those questions publicly?

Im curious can you still style your hair reasonably well after or is it too greasy?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Defiance said:
can you reply to those questions publicly?

Im curious can you still style your hair reasonably well after or is it too greasy?
I am using 1ml of Revivogen and its plenty to put all over my head just like you would use 1ml of minoxidil. I use it at night so I don't know what it would be like during the day. I don't think it will be too greasy to use during the day because the formula is not as greasy as it used to be. My shedding is decreasing too. Still using the foam, take finasteride, and use Dr Proctors products too.

I was reading a thread on another site that had a large amount of Revivogen users that was dated many years ago and its amazing how alot of posters were responding positive to it. Some noticed less shedding while others noticed thickening. But most abandoned it too soon. I think the biggest problem is most will stop Revivogen after 6 months which is way to soon. Just like Propecia, it takes about a year to know for sure how it works. I think if you just see less shedding consider it working. However, like I said before, this stuff works best on a NW3 or less in my opinion. I know if I could not take finasteride, this would be one of my choices to try. For less than 100 bucks and using 1ml at night, you have 6 months to see if anything happens. I hope this thread stays alive since other posters are trying it now too. I will keep you posted but the best posters to follow are those who are not taking finasteride.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
i just started it and applied it for the 6th time tonight, still no irritation for me (so far) which excites me in itself (its a rare thing that a topical doesnt cause me irritation). anyway, provided things stay this way, im more than willing to give it a full trial, and im not taking finasteride- was gonna start but scared myself out of it haha, plus i want to give this stuff an honest trial

my regimen looks like this:

Revivogen 1ml/day
Rogaine Foam 2x/day
Nizoral 1% 3x/week
Folligen (diluted) 3-4x/week (starting this tomorrow)

so, ill be sure to keep things posted down the line

EDIT: oh, and to browny, im sure it doesnt hurt, ive just read that its not necessary, and that i wouldnt worry if you did decide to move it down to once a day...

and Defiance: not that you asked me, but from what ive noticed so far, styling your hair is possible, if youre careful with application (and probably dont apply much more than 1 ml), and it might take a little longer to get things the way you want