New Report That Finasteride Does Not Cause Sexual Side Effects When Compared To Control Group

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't have any side effect with duta until year 7th. It came out of nowhere.
Koreans hurry up please Im cycling this sh*t with the hope of preserving DHT scalp inhibition while allowing serum levels to recover a little
7 years is a long time to go without side effects, have you asked your Dr if it could just be genetic or age-related?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any side effect with duta until year 7th. It came out of nowhere.
Koreans hurry up please Im cycling this sh*t with the hope of preserving DHT scalp inhibition while allowing serum levels to recover a little
And after 7 years you think all of the sudden dutasteride is the problem? More often than not your receptors will down regulate after years of use. You should probably get a full spectrum blood test followed by a psychological exam

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And after 7 years you think all of the sudden dutasteride is the problem? More often than not your receptors will down regulate after years of use. You should probably get a full spectrum blood test followed by a psychological exam
See my post on the previous page. Similar thing happened to me after 6 years. However my testosterone levels are normal.

Ryko

Reaction score
No wonder, you have testosterone levels of a 90 year-old man.

Jesus christ that really is low.. no wonder you feel like sh*t. I would even be tempted to take some HCG to give your test a boost and hope it sticks.
I have 314ng/dl is it really that bad? I don't even take Finasteride, I'm considering going on finasteride not only for hair but also because it can raise test by 15%.

Ryko

Reaction score
If you start finasteride on these values you’re gonna be fucked. Maybe get gyno too. Finasteride doesn’t raise bioavailable test by any %, it reduces it. It also doesn’t permanently raise total T levels, only temporary at the very beginning. You’re not listening.
Why would I get fucked or get gyno?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you start finasteride on these values you’re gonna be fucked. Maybe get gyno too. Finasteride doesn’t raise bioavailable test by any %, it reduces it. It also doesn’t permanently raise total T levels, only temporary at the very beginning. You’re not listening.

Bro, with all due respect,you are asking EVERYONE here to ignore scientific articles and to listen to your arguments. A bunch of users have posted links to papers, you have posted none.
According to you, the scientific method, as well as the scientific literature, are flawed?
If we are going to argue about science, what the heck are we supposed to use as support for our arguments?
Not trying to be rude, just saying that if you provide some support for your claims, you would get more credibility. That goes for anyone. It's what differentiates bro science from actual science.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 years is a long time to go without side effects, have you asked your Dr if it could just be genetic or age-related?

well the frustrating part is that both my endocrinologist and andrologist said the same thing "nah that's within range, everyone is different ..... can you have erections?" and I said yes totally and they dismissed yep that's it ....I don't see anything abnormal like gyno....you're fine ...... enjoy life!!!

has anyone gone back from duta to fina?

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone complaining about gyno while on finastride and I have been on this forum for a while now

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because your T levels are borderline so naturally your LH and FSH will also be borderline (and if they are then it’s due to depression, if LH is high then you have testicular issues). Now, like I said, finasteride will start by slightly increasing your total T, yes? Then it’s gonna skyrocket SHBG, ok maybe for some not that much but for you it’s gonna be catastrophic. Why? Because SHBG elevation will plummet your free T (the one you care about) and then due to pituitary suppression your LH and FSH will lower more and so your total T will drop. People here contradicting this have never opened a book to read up on f*****g literature, they have no idea what’s going on. They are googlers, bro scientists and dreamers. They google A, then google B and then do some first grade math and all is well in the kingdom. 90% of them if asked will still tell you that e2 causes gyno when it doesn’t. It never does. It’s the disruption in the androgens and that ALONE which causes it. But f*** me, a study said e2 is elevated by 15% and google said estrogen = gyno so there you go, e2 = gyno.

You’re literally coming across as a troll now . Repeatedly you knock the knowledge of real academic literature, by saying we should look at the literature ..?

Not only is this all a demonstration of what the literature says, but if you go and see an dermatologist, or endocrinologist who prescribes 5ar inhibitors they preach the same thing. I suppose they don’t know anything either ?

You come across as a know it all when all you’ve done is spout the same lines of bullshit which even from the knowledge of someone who never took biology beyond school level makes absolutely no sense.

If you’re going to make a single claim then post just one... just one book, article or peer reviewed journal that even remotely agrees with what you’re saying.

Also as for HCG not ‘sticking’ tell that to every bodybuilder ever who has had to recover from true suppression. The vast majority of cases they land back at baseline.

Last edited:

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because your T levels are borderline so naturally your LH and FSH will also be borderline (and if they are then it’s due to depression, if LH is high then you have testicular issues). Now, like I said, finasteride will start by slightly increasing your total T, yes? Then it’s gonna skyrocket SHBG, ok maybe for some not that much but for you it’s gonna be catastrophic. Why? Because SHBG elevation will plummet your free T (the one you care about) and then due to pituitary suppression your LH and FSH will lower more and so your total T will drop. People here contradicting this have never opened a book to read up on f*****g literature, they have no idea what’s going on. They are googlers, bro scientists and dreamers. They google A, then google B and then do some first grade math and all is well in the kingdom. 90% of them if asked will still tell you that e2 causes gyno when it doesn’t. It never does. It’s the disruption in the androgens and that ALONE which causes it. But f*** me, a study said e2 is elevated by 15% and google said estrogen = gyno so there you go, e2 = gyno.
Please stfu, u make everyone a lot dumber with ur bullshit and make a fool out of urself. U don't seem to even grasp the fundamentals of science and yet u act like u know it all.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it’s poison, when it’s approved by the fda for hairloss. It’s impossible for the fda to aprrove a drug that would harm people just for a cosmetic reason.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
No bodybuilder fully recovers their HPTA after a cycle, even if the differences are minor. With every cycle, the damage is increased. You know nothing. Open a book or just go to Merck and get the patent and then see how it works. It’s that simple. Besides HCG is garbage and there’s a reason it’s being discontinued in many countries. But yes tell me more “Ollie”. f*** sake lmao... no wonder you people are the laughing stock of the hair loss community.

Finasteride is poison for any healthy young male. It’s poison for old males too but works as intended for prostate. It’s not a hair loss drug. The vanity of millions and greed of a few made it a hair loss drug. There is no such thing as a hair loss drug and never will be in our lifetimes because hair loss is an internal and elaborate pattern that IMHO starts from a very young age. If you want to combat hair loss you’re gonna have to completely alter your hormonal profile.

'Open a book' . Point us all to one book that greatly details the mechanism of 5ar inhibitors. Following that feel free to write a strongly worded email to every physician, professor or researcher that has ever conducted a study because apparently they're all wrong.

I dont know where you're getting the idea that HCG is being discontinued as a recovery treatment for HPTA conditions. It along with Clomid are still heavily utilised alongside TRT in suffering men.

Preaching sh*t like depression leads to a decrease in test..wtf ? The only plausible link would be if the subsequent anxiety lead to cortisol spikes which suppressed LH, which in turn suppressed test. Of course the studies that outline no changes in cortisol or other adrenal hormones from the use of 5ar inhibitors are also wrong according to you.

You also preach a rise in SHBG as a link to decreasing Test ..also wtf ? Please run it by us how a secreted protein from the liver affects levels of testosterone production. All it does is affect the bioavailability of testosterone (Free vs total)... of course that isn't a concern either just look at the independent studies.

The only thing we do agree on is that finasteride is potentially poison for some. The reality is it can be damaging of neurosteroid suppression through a reduction in GABA. And Test has the potential to fall in men who produce large amounts of aromatase because estrogen in itself can suppress LH. Which is why blood tests are important .

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many of you know about the tribe of Guavadoves on which this drug was made ?
How many of you really understand that this is a drug that mimics pseudohermaphroditism and it was made because this Guavadoves never got Prostate Cancer and none of them got BALD ?
How many of you know that none of them had normal fertile life's, without body hair and with a lot of other problems ?
How many of you know that only half of them identify as men after puberty and this is because of the surge of testosterone that puberty gave them, but they were never real men, and mostly infertile ?
How many of you know that PROSCAR was the first one made because they noticed on this Guavadoves that they had smaller Prostates and a 5-alpha reductase deficiency ?
How many know that growing hair from PROSCAR was a side effect and that's how they made PROPECIA out of it ?
And how many of you know that it is much easier to get approved a drug derived from another drug that has the same base substance in it ?
And please, let's not start the discussion about the FDA and their credibility, the forum does not let me write....
Search please on how they found this "treatment" for hair loss and tell me, is it worth to try to mimic pseudohermaphroditism on healthy males that were not born with a 5-alpha reductase deficiency just because the DHT is attacking their follicles ?
They don't have ferility and body hair because they had no DHT in puberty. U only atke finasteride when ur done developing. And it is NEVER ever proven or even seen that finasteride makes u infertile or lose body your body hair in any clinical trial. So what is ur point?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well from what i have heard it's used to treat hirsutism in women and i saw a lot of reports of people who lost significant body and facial hair after starting Finasteride treatment...

And even if DHT was needed before full development that does not mean that it does not have a use in the body after it's fully developed... A simple google search will show how it impacts the brain and it's functions and most suggest that there is the problem that starts the other problems in the body... That's where the "it's in your head" line i think, because it seems that it really is from all the latest neurosteroids studies...

I mean, i know that it's just 1 mg but i'm sure that with time, it affects everybody who takes it, from young to old, even if some more and some less and even if some sooner or some later...

I would explain in more detail and share some info and studies, but this forum does not let me write, i'm too new i don't even know how the system works it's so annoying...
So u mad an account just to post this?
Absolutely sickening and pissening.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well from what i have heard it's used to treat hirsutism in women and i saw a lot of reports of people who lost significant body and facial hair after starting Finasteride treatment...

And even if DHT was needed before full development that does not mean that it does not have a use in the body after it's fully developed... A simple google search will show how it impacts the brain and it's functions and most suggest that there is the problem that starts the other problems in the body... That's where the "it's in your head" line i think, because it seems that it really is from all the latest neurosteroids studies...

I mean, i know that it's just 1 mg but i'm sure that with time, it affects everybody who takes it, from young to old, even if some more and some less and even if some sooner or some later...

I would explain in more detail and share some info and studies, but this forum does not let me write, i'm too new i don't even know how the system works it's so annoying...

Bro you’re talking about a group of people who have no 5ar . If you grow up with no androgenic hormone then no sh*t you’re gonna be fucked up.

I don’t dispute the sides however - they do exist.

As for neurosteroids it’s true 5ar is used for their synthesis in the brain . However finasteride mostly inhibits type 2 which is predominantly in skin, prostate and hair follicles. Much of type 1 and 3 which are found in the brain still remain. Also there are lots of other enzymes that synthesis neurosteroids. The reality is however some people’s bodies can be very sensitive to these changes.

I also think the people who take it for a few days and are suddenly fucked are people who might have an allergy to the drug.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I deleted them all sorry guys, i think i found the wrong post to talk about this subject... I came to the conclusion that with all the info that we have available, with all the studies and all the doctors, nobody can tell or know the truth about what it can happen to every individual after taking this god damn hair loss treatment or how could it impact your life..
There are people who say that they are taking it without problems, people who are having horrible sides on it, some after a week, some after months or years, some have kids, nobody knows if it can impact their life's or future, and there comes a period when you see your hair falling that makes you so desperate that you will be able to bypass all this things just to give it a try... And that try could change your life forever...
I don't get it how it's prescribed by a dermatologist even if it's a hormonal altering drug, no tests, nothing.. My dermatologist, the best in my country did not even bother to mention the side effects and i heard that a lot of them "forget" too do it...And i'm sure if that i would have questioned him, he would told me that he would not want to scare me and make the sides in my head while i take it...
Placebo has it's role i'm sure, but must studies were very close on placebo and actual drug sides, and that only shows that you have a big chance to get them...
And that Merk with his pharmaceutical company, if you search online how many drugs he has that are controversial, he had one that killed 60 k people, the FDA banned it and said if they would have not they were expecting over 500 k deaths from it...
How the f*** can you trust something from their studies, articles when i am sure that they don't even care. Most of the users take this pill when they are young, it's 1 mg and doctors know that until you have a change to develop something and blame them, there will pass a long period of time...

Dude the reality is there are a lot of drugs that can f*** up a small demographic of people. It’s not just finasteride.

Look at the contraceptive pill for women - such a normalised drug in young women but can crash their HPTA, and hugely suppress the bioavailability of their hormones which can make them feel awful / no sex drive / vaginal dryness / depression . A lot of which can be permanent in an even greater % than post finasteride.

People even die from taking penicillin because they react to it. Anytime we swallow a synthetic chemical made by man, there will always be a risk.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fact (as opposed to report):

I along with other members of this forum experience weak erections and watery semen when on finasteride.

f*** this report for me and people like me.

Fact: You MIGHT get a soft c*** if you use finasteride. Oh and it’s still “reported” to cause woman to have deformed babies.

So it’s a risk and we have a duty of care to make this disclaimer.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say I had the same experience with SSRI . They hit me with serious erectile dysfunction. What dopamine agonist do you take ?

Can you feel anything when you orgasm or do you only have erectile dysfunction ?
Theres very little feeling for me even though I can easily ejaculate.
I've tried cabergoline ropinirole and pramipexole. Ropinirole worked best but didn't cure anything. It gave me a little morello sensation and made me more horny. For some reason I get constipated nowadays when I use them so it's not an option anymore.
I'm currently trying mucuna pruriens, it's too early to say if they are doing anything but il keep you updated