New Report That Finasteride Does Not Cause Sexual Side Effects When Compared To Control Group

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn’t. It’s part of the drug itself to lower Testosterone and increase shbg, it’s meant for prostate not hair. And the mechanism remains the same, it’s only dosage that changed with “Propecia”. Estradiol usually remains the same, I’ve had blood tests done during taking Finasteride and e2 was not elevated, in fact it was slightly reduced. You know why? Because T levels started to drop. It’s not the “elevation” that happens, it’s the “ratio”. Also, if you take thyroxine and try to take finasteride too, your tsh will plummet. Crazy right? Well, finasteride does many wondiferous things.

Dude where have you been reading ..
The change in T is because less T is converting to DHT so there is more available, which also gives rise to an increase in E because there is more T to convert depending on how much aromatase your body produces.

Every independent study has shown with finasteride a rough average increase of 10% for both T and E. SHBG in the main remains unchanged, although there is some literature suggesting that DHT aids in keeping SHBG down but I’d imagine that would be more of a problem with dutasteride (potentially)

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ugh... here we go. God you people are never going to get it. You read a bunch of bs online and treat hormones like an easy jigsaw or math problem. One minus one is zero. Well it isn’t. Try to actually read up on the f*****g drug’s mechanism and how it affects hormones proceeding shbg then you won’t need me to sit here and type an entire book about it. The drug was made to suppress androgenic activity, that involves testosterone as well. It isn’t a hair loss drug, it’s a prostate drug. And no matter how many “studies” of rats or homeless people you read up online, the drug mechanism is the same. Always has been, always will be. If you still don’t believe me, have a guy take it, measure shbg, e2, total T, progesterone, androstenedione and then re-measure all after a month. And then after six months.

There is a reason most of you do no blood tests at all. It’s because you’re afraid of what you will see and also because some of you are stupid enough to think they “know” what they’re doing. Hah! Many people said that. Much like some poor folks loading creatine and stressing their kidneys till they failed, now they’re in a clinic every week.

Antiandrogens are terrible for a young male. Read up on side effects drugs like tamoxifen have or others against other similar antiandrogens (dutasteride, darol, etc). To think you know sh*t because you read up on some ridiculous studies is absurd. By all means take the drug and I wish you the best. But don’t talk others into it writing off sides that WILL occur. And this f*****g drug interferes with other drugs too, for which you have no clue either. I mentioned one being levothyroxine.

Well funnily enough i took bloods before taking finasteride and later this week am getting them done again so will report back here with the findings.

As for the drug itself it isn't a 'prostate' drug. Its a 5ar inhibitor - so a drug for any condition that is directly affected by 5ar mechanism.
If you're so sure that these studies done by smarter people than us are so misleading point me towards any literature that backs up your claims.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Libido and sexual function is all down to dopamine and serotonin not dht. I was horny and had big orgasm before I ever even hit puberty.
Ever since ssri drugs all that went.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Libido and sexual function is all down to dopamine and serotonin not dht. I was horny and had big orgasm before I ever even hit puberty.
Ever since ssri drugs all that went.

Wait ..

You had sides on dutasteride, you took an SSRI and your sexual sides are gone ?

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait ..

You had sides on dutasteride, you took an SSRI and your sexual sides are gone ?
I got no sides from finasteride or dutasteride but ssri destroyed my sex drive .
I get some improvement if I take a dopamine agonist.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got no sides from finasteride or dutasteride but ssri destroyed my sex drive .
I get some improvement if I take a dopamine agonist.

Yeah I was gonna say I had the same experience with SSRI . They hit me with serious erectile dysfunction. What dopamine agonist do you take ?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say I had the same experience with SSRI . They hit me with serious erectile dysfunction. What dopamine agonist do you take ?
I don’t think they are mutually exclusive. SSRIs and finasteride share similar side effect profiles. Taken together, it can make for a bad day.....in some.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it has effect on all androgen receptors. People don’t have higher testosterone, they just get a slightly higher value of total T for a while but their SHBG shoots through the roof, actually reducing their free T and thus making them weaker. Until their total T also starts dropping then magical things happen. For some it happens slowly maybe in two decades, for others it’s fast (and they start crashing).

A wonderful drug indeed. But I don’t want to be labeled as a hater so I’ll exit here.

“In 11 studies comprising 1,784 patients with age ranging between 18 and 83 years and average treatment follow-up of 17 months, meta-analytic estimate of the mean baseline change was 27 (95% confidence interval 1–54). The meta-analysis did not demonstrate unequivocal significant increase in serum T levels. The increase was not uniform among all studies reported. Sensitivity analysis showed that no single study contributed decisively to the outcome or could be attributed to drug action. The reported increases in T levels with finasteride or dutasteride in men with low baseline serum T may be attributed, in part, to increased trapping of T by unsaturated sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) due to dissociation of 5α-dihydrotestosterone. In men with high baseline T levels, there appears to be no change in serum T levels. 10 studies reported luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, SHBG, and estradiol values and none reported significant changes in their levels, suggesting that observed changes in serum T levels are unlikely mediated by gonadotropins levels or peripheral conversion of T to estradiol.”

If you think you’re above the studies, go back to bodybuilding.com misc and preach your broscience there.

I’m going to the gym for almost 10 years now and funny how almost everybody thinks I’m on gear despite I started finasteride right around the time I started with the gym.

Some people have sides on finasteride no doubt, but for majority it’s pretty harmless drug. Find some other alternative, bitching about it on internet forums and preaching your broscience won’t help you.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7525442

https://www.smr.jsexmed.org/article/S2050-0521(18)30080-5/abstract

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/101/12/4669/2765035

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/finasteride

bottom line is, see a doctor maybe even an endocrinologist but don't listen to bro scientists like this guy on the internet, it's all bullshit to go after such anecdotes. studies are what matters, nothing. else. @Ollie is right
" it's all bullshit to go after such anecdotes"
Lol, and what do you think are studies based in surveys ?! a collection of anecdotes.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 3 weeks into finasteride. I’ll admit, I was shook at first and thought my libido could have gone down some. It’s bs. I’m horny as ever (normal) and have had zero problems in bed

I didn't have any side effect with duta until year 7th. It came out of nowhere.
Koreans hurry up please Im cycling this sh*t with the hope of preserving DHT scalp inhibition while allowing serum levels to recover a little

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't have any side effect with duta until year 7th. It came out of nowhere.
Koreans hurry up please Im cycling this sh*t with the hope of preserving DHT scalp inhibition while allowing serum levels to recover a little

Have you been getting any blood work done along the way to perhaps give an insight why that is ?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been getting any blood work done along the way to perhaps give an insight why that is ?
last bloodwork was Total Testosterone 335 ng/dL, estradiol 29pg/mL

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reactions: INT

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here your stats if you don’t believe me...

“ These results indicate that recent years have seen a substantial, and as yet unrecognized, age-independent population-level decrease in T in American men, potentially attributable to birth cohort differences or to health or environmental effects not captured in observed data.”

In summary: men have less and less testosterone by each year

66DDE8EB-CFA2-4A88-824E-585BA63FA05C.png

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
last bloodwork was Total Testosterone 335 ng/dL, estradiol 29pg/mL

Jesus christ that really is low.. no wonder you feel like sh*t. I would even be tempted to take some HCG to give your test a boost and hope it sticks.