New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
marry christmas all . i wish you all hair and hairline like this actor. he has my dream hair.

open-grave-4.jpg

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes.
But I also hear a very similar sound when the needles penetrate my totally bald temples.

I was referring to the skin crunching/popping, definitely not as crunchy, I guess I have been tenderizing it for 8 weeks, I was just wondering if it was the numb gel or if anyone else had the same

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
I was referring to the skin crunching/popping, definitely not as crunchy, I guess I have been tenderizing it for 8 weeks, I was just wondering if it was the numb gel or if anyone else had the same

I do not use a numbing cream and i still get the crunching sound on my temples; but the crunching is less than when i first started rolling so i guess i am breaking up the fibrosis.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
this baseline as i posted earlier.

And this is my xmas gift to you guys this year.... hope.

right temple here

20131224_172246.jpg 20131224_172326.jpg

left temple here

20131224_172606.jpg 20131224_172921(0).jpg

as you can see my temples look different and its because i wound more and bleed more in the right temple. There are many small hairs under my hairline but it was hard to capture a good photo proving it so you will see it when it becomes more visible.
I took two picture from different angles to not cause confusing, im sure some of you will pin point in the future that i dont use same angle, well i wish i could do it to but i usualy wait atleast one month for posting results and i dont have anything that can that can make me use the same angular position as the last time i took the picture. And like squeegee said... i dont owe you a **** so you guys get what i give you nothing less but to the forum members here that have contributed me with knowledge and information for you yes i owe explanations and i will give them to you because its the least i can do after the information you have given me ( PS this is just to show how immature and pointless some guys of you can be sometimes time, stop arguing for stupid reasons we have only one reason to be here and thats because we are balding. Don't attack the users , i know its easy to go ape**** on the keyboard because the person you are speaking to is just a forum member and you dont have to take consequences and responsiblity of what you are saying but keep it at on the subject and stop caring about the attacks.

Squegee some questions

1. There was a minoxidil+diclofenac and tea tree oil study which proved more effective than minoxidil alone. I allready use voltaren 2x week, so yeah how do you to think wounding and fibrosis could react to the antifungal effects of the tea tree oil?

2. I promise this is the last question about the chemical peel lol, i have long hair and if i remember you have short hair so the question is should i buy glycolic with higher percentage or should i just add more drops from the 30 % i intend to buy?

again merry xmas and keep the rollers rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
1. There was a minoxidil+diclofenac and tea tree oil study which proved more effective than minoxidil alone. I allready use voltaren 2x week

I really don't think using it just twice a week is enough. I think you would probably have to use it at least once daily for it to have a real impact on hair loss...(maybe even twice a day)...

...Also, spider jerusalem is not really bald...

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score

right temple here

left temple here

as you can see my temples look different and its because i wound more and bleed more in the right temple. There are many small hairs under my hairline but it was hard to capture a good photo proving it so you will see it when it becomes more visible.
I took two picture from different angles to not cause confusing, im sure some of you will pin point in the future that i dont use same angle, well i wish i could do it to but i usualy wait atleast one month for posting results and i dont have anything that can that can make me use the same angular position as the last time i took the picture. And like squeegee said... i dont owe you a **** so you guys get what i give you nothing less but to the forum members here that have contributed me with knowledge and information for you yes i owe explanations and i will give them to you because its the least i can do after the information you have given me ( PS this is just to show how immature and pointless some guys of you can be sometimes time, stop arguing for stupid reasons we have only one reason to be here and thats because we are balding. Don't attack the users , i know its easy to go ape**** on the keyboard because the person you are speaking to is just a forum member and you dont have to take consequences and responsiblity of what you are saying but keep it at on the subject and stop caring about the attacks.

Squegee some questions

1. There was a minoxidil+diclofenac and tea tree oil study which proved more effective than minoxidil alone. I allready use voltaren 2x week, so yeah how do you to think wounding and fibrosis could react to the antifungal effects of the tea tree oil?

2. I promise this is the last question about the chemical peel lol, i have long hair and if i remember you have short hair so the question is should i buy glycolic with higher percentage or should i just add more drops from the 30 % i intend to buy?

Hey eh bro none of those pics working

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a very interesting observation to make but it's a bit off-topic from DR.

I broke my arm twice and got it inside a cast twice for couple months.

It's been more than 10 years since that and I shaved my arm to put some voltaren and i noticed that i have +- double the hairs in that arm than I have in the other. Coincidence?

Yeah... since all this wounding craze started, I have heard about like 5 guys who said the same thing... hair growth after casting...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

right temple here

left temple here

Squegee some questions

1. Good questions! derived plants treatments like Tee tree oil can do more than being anti fungal.. antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. So I don't know! That study was done with no micro-needling involved..this is where the problem is! regarding x2 a week doing diclo.. I don't know! All I know is that diclo slow down healing!

2. 30% is the way to go.. Anything higher than, is not easy to "control the burn" It gets in pretty good ... just add few more drops and you are gtgo!

- - - Updated - - -

I do not use a numbing cream and i still get the crunching sound on my temples; but the crunching is less than when i first started rolling so i guess i am breaking up the fibrosis.

If I wait long enough.. like 10 days before the next rolling.. the crunching sound is back. So, it is probably just the skin being on your cranium.. I don't thing that is a big deal..

- - - Updated - - -

marry christmas all . i wish you all hair and hairline like this actor. he has my dream hair.

LOL! I watched Elysium yesterday and was thinking the same thing!!! !haha Loved the movie!! Merry X mas 2young!

[video=youtube;QILNSgou5BY]
[/video]

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee i also watched ellysium. it is very good movie. the concept. the idea. i wish we had this technology. in a glance to cure all dna. :) .

squeegee watch this [video=youtube;CID6KYVxl6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CID6KYVxl6I[/video]

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't think using it just twice a week is enough. I think you would probably have to use it at least once daily for it to have a real impact on hair loss...(maybe even twice a day)...

yeah but we don't know how it can interfere with wounding allready you should be really carefull using it because of the possibilty for liver damage and using it together wounding should be a careful expriment

...Also, spider jerusalem is not really bald...

no he's just too awsome.... and trevor is bat**** insane but i love him.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope the issue is solved now if not you can see my progress in this site

http://alopeci.info/Thread-dermaroller-start?page=3

I'm the user DGB

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
For the people that like to masturbate their Galea ( BriefISKEY). Is it one of the secret behind derma rolling or others blood flow boosting therapy (Detusmescence, Minoxidil)???????:punk:

Massage Is Promising for Muscle Recovery: Researchers Find 10 Minutes Reduces Inflammation

Feb. 1, 2012 — Researchers at McMaster University have discovered a brief 10-minute massage helps reduce inflammation

As a non-drug therapy, massage holds the potential to help not just bone-weary athletes but those with inflammation-related chronic conditions, such as arthritis or muscular dystrophy, says Justin Crane, a doctoral student in the Department of Kinesiology at McMaster.

While massage is well accepted as a therapy for relieving muscle tension and pain, the researchers delved deeper to find it also triggers biochemical sensors that can send inflammation-reducing signals to muscle cells.
In addition, massage signals muscle to build more mitochondria, the power centres of cells which play an important role in healing.

"The main thing, and what is novel about our study, is that no one has ever looked inside the muscle to see what is happening with massage, no one looked at the biochemical effects or what might be going on in the muscle itself," said Crane.
"We have shown the muscle senses that it is being stretched and this appears to reduce the cells' inflammatory response," he said. "As a consequence, massage may be beneficial for recovery from injury."

Crane said the McMaster researchers are the first to take a manual therapy, like massage, and test the effect using a muscle biopsy to show massage reduces inflammation, an underlying factor in many chronic diseases.
The research appears in the Feb. 1 issue of Science Translational Medicine.
For their study, the researchers followed 11 men in their twenties.
On their first visit, the men's exercise capacity was assessed. Two weeks later, the men cycled on a bicycle for more than 70 minutes, to a point of exhaustion when they couldn't cycle any more. They then rested for 10 minutes.
While resting, a massage therapist lightly applied massage oil to both legs, and then performed massage for 10 minutes on one leg using a variety of techniques commonly used in rehabilitation.
Muscle biopsies were done on both legs (quadriceps) and repeated 2.5 hours later. Researchers found reduced inflammation in the massaged leg.
Crane admits being surprised that just 10 minutes of massage had such a profound effect. "I didn't think that little bit of massage could produce that remarkable of a change, especially since the exercise was so robust. Seventy minutes of exercise compared to 10 of massage, it is clearly potent." The results hint that massage therapy blunts muscle pain by the same biological mechanisms as most pain medications and could be an effective alternative.
Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky, professor of medicine for the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine, oversaw the study.
"Given that mitochondrial dysfunction is associated with muscle atrophy and other processes such as insulin resistance, any therapy that can improve mitochondrial function may be beneficial," he said.
Crane said this study is only a first step in determining the best therapies for promoting recovery from a variety of muscle injuries.
He said that surprisingly the research proved one oft-repeated idea false: massage did not help clear lactic acid from tired muscles.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Vellus hair replaces lanugo hair on a human fetus at 36 to 40 weeks ofgestation.[SUP][2][/SUP] The growth cycle of vellus hair is different from the growth cycle of terminal hair. At puberty, the androgen hormone causes much of the vellus hair to turn into terminal hair and stimulates the growth of new hair in the armpit and the pubic area. In men, this change in vellus hair occurs on the face and the body.

- - - Updated - - -

For those impatient.........after chemotherapy, new hair growth begins anywhere from 3-10 months. About 14 sessions minimum Is needed before making any judgements.

the longer you are on chemo the harder to grow back since your.blood vessels etc. die

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Vellus hair replaces lanugo hair on a human fetus at 36 to 40 weeks ofgestation.[SUP][2][/SUP] The growth cycle of vellus hair is different from the growth cycle of terminal hair. At puberty, the androgen hormone causes much of the vellus hair to turn into terminal hair and stimulates the growth of new hair in the armpit and the pubic area. In men, this change in vellus hair occurs on the face and the body.

- good post

Goo- - Updated - - -

For those impatient.........after chemotherapy, new hair growth begins anywhere from 3-10 months. About 14 sessions minimum Is needed before making any judgements.
[/QUOT

good post youcandoit!!

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Just did my 3rd roll. I am doing it ever 3 days or so pretty much when my scalp isn't tender anymore. I am noticing a little bit more blood, and it doesn't hurt as much. Still ****en hurts i cried.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
No problem....chemotherapy basically causes alopecia.... The longer you have been on it the longer it takes to grow back hair, some don't ever, very few, but it is usually those who have been fighting the longest so I assume all the ingredients for healthy follicles die like blood vessels, etc.

also want to note this for the laser therapy haters......[h=4][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]1. Introduction[/FONT][/h][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Initially used to treat benign vascular tumors, laser therapy is now considered first-line for removal of pigmented lesions, tattoos, scars, wrinkles, and unwanted hair. The ability of lasers to induce hair growth was incidentally noted in 1967 when Mester and colleagues used low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to treat cancer in mice with shaved backs [1]. Since then, a number of studies have suggested the use of lasers as an effective way to treat alopecia, particularly androgenetic alopecia and alopecia areata, but there is still a paucity of independent, peer-reviewed blinded clinical trials. In this review, we discuss reports of paradoxical hair growth after laser treatment, studies that utilize lasers to treat different types of alopecia, and finally, mechanisms of photo-biomodulation that may explain these clinical findings.

[/FONT]anagen.ucdavis.edu/1802/02_rev/03_11-00182/article.html

Scalp circulation is the problem dermarolling, massages and light therapy all increase circulation, dermarolling in my opinion is only needed if your blood vessels have already started dying since stem cells will recreate scalp. Lack of circulation causes inflammation which is a toxic environment to grow hair.

K

karankaran

Roll baby roll...and along with it, sing Christmas carol! I CAN WRITE SONGS! gawd, i am so high!

Status
Not open for further replies.