New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
I've read taking soy isoflavons and cayenne pepper may reduce hair loss but I've also read that soy can mess with the amount of estrogen in men. There is a medical publication about a guy who got massive man boobs from taking too much soy. I bought some a few months ago but not sure if it's worth it. I'm having positive results with rolling so I'm holding off on the soy for now.

Thanks for the reply, i may still try them but if i see any side effects i will stop. Good to hear your having results; i am also seeing improvements.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
So rolling once a week with the 1,5 mm dermaroller is sufficient. I read stories of people willing to do it on a daily basis with smaller needles thinking they'll get better results. Is that correct?

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
No, because they wouldn't be wounding deep enough to have the desired effect. Rolling daily with smaller needles would only really be beneficial if you're rolling for the sake of increased Minoxidil absorption.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
yeah but if you wanna have the best results with dermaroller-minoxidil combined you should roll on a daily basis with smaller needles and once a week with 1,5 needles?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
BriefISKEY! if you read this.. Did you give a good X-Mas massage to your Galea?:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but if you wanna have the best results with dermaroller-minoxidil combined you should roll on a daily basis with smaller needles and once a week with 1,5 needles?

My head is reddish from the Acute inflammation for like 3-5 days.. I don't think that everyday is a good idea. Your scalp need some recovery time. Rolling with smaller derma roller is probably just good for a better absorption of Minoxidil. Do it right the first time so you don't have to do it numerous times during the week.. Rolling is not the best thing to do. It definitely hurts and can be messy if you go hard core LOL

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score

Could be overkill to do it every day, especially the day after a heavy roll, but who knows? I actually do roll with the 0.5mm needles sometimes during the week, purely for absorption.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys think of using a legit Copper Peptides cream after derma rolling??

“The copper-dependent lysyl oxidase (LO) plays a critical role in the biogenesis of connective tissue matrices by cross-linking the extracellular matrix proteins collagen and elastin. Levels of LO increase in many fibrotic diseases, while expression of the enzyme is decreased in certain diseases involving impaired copper metabolism.

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/copper-peptides-for-dermarolling/

http://skinbiology.com/copperpeptideregeneration.html

- - - Updated - - -

ALCAR or L-Carnitine would be a great addition for hair growth. A good addition to Minoxidil.

L-carnitine stimulates energy production and cardiolipin synthesis within the cell membranes of hair follicles. It transports nutrients to dysfunctional potassium channels and helps to restore functionality.

The effect of aging and acetyl-L-carnitine on the activity of the phosphate carrier and on the phospholipid composition in rat heart mitochondria.

Paradies G, Ruggiero FM, Gadaleta MN, Quagliariello E.
Author information

Abstract

The effect of aging and treatment with acetyl-L-carnitine on the activity of the phosphate carrier and on the phospholipid composition in rat heart mitochondria was studied. It was found that the activity of the phosphate carrier was reduced by aging. Treatment of aged rats with acetyl-L-carnitine reversed this effect. The mitochondrial level of cardiolipin was decreased with aging. Treatment of aged rats with acetyl-L-carnitine restored the level of cardiolipin to that of young rats. It is proposed that acetyl-L-carnitine may restore the correct phospholipid composition (cardiolipin level) of the mitochondrial membrane, altered by aging, thereby restoring the activity of the phosphate carrier.

Emerging roles of cardiolipin remodeling in mitochondrial dysfunction associated with diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3596530/

L-carnitine-L-tartrate promotes human hair growth in vitro.

Foitzik K, Hoting E, Förster T, Pertile P, Paus R.
Author information

Abstract

The trimethylated amino acid l-carnitine plays a key role in the intramitochondrial transport of fatty acids for beta-oxidation and thus serves important functions in energy metabolism. Here, we have tested the hypothesis that l-carnitine, a frequently employed dietary supplement, may also stimulate hair growth by increasing energy supply to the massively proliferating and energy-consuming anagen hair matrix. Hair follicles (HFs) in the anagen VI stage of the hair cycle were cultured in the presence of 0.5-50 microm of l-carnitine-l-tartrate (CT) for 9 days. At day 9, HFs treated with 5 microm or 0.5 microm of CT showed a moderate, but significant stimulation of hair shaft elongation compared with vehicle-treated controls (P < 0.05). Also, CT prolonged the duration of anagen VI, down regulated apoptosis (as measured by TUNEL assay) and up regulated proliferation (as measured by Ki67 immunohistology) of hair matrix keratinocytes (P < 0.5). By immunohistology, intrafollicular immunoreactivity for TGFbeta2, a key catagen-promoting growth factor, in the dermal papilla and TGF-beta II receptor protein in the outer root sheath and dermal papilla was down regulated. As shown by caspase activity assay, caspase 3 and 7, which are known to initiate apoptosis, are down regulated at day 2 and day 4 after treatment of HFs with CT compared with vehicle-treated control indicating that CT has an immediate protective effect on HFs to undergo programmed cell death. Our findings suggest that l-carnitine stimulates human scalp hair growth by up regulation of proliferation and down regulation of apoptosis in follicular keratinocytes in vitro. They further encourage one to explore topical and nutraceutical administration of l-carnitine as a well-tolerated, relatively safe adjuvant treatment in the management of androgenetic alopecia and other forms of hair loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Retinol also can boost hair growth:

[h=1]The additive effects of minoxidil and retinol on human hair growth in vitro.[/h]Yoo HG, Chang IY, Pyo HK, Kang YJ, Lee SH, Kwon OS, Cho KH, Eun HC, Kim KH.
[h=3]Author information [/h]
[h=3]Abstract[/h]Minoxidil enhances hair growth by prolonging the anagen phase and induces new hair growth in androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), whereas retinol significantly improves scalp skin condition and promotes hair growth. We investigated the combined effects of minoxidil and retinol on human hair growth in vitro and on cultured human dermal papilla cells (DPCs) and epidermal keratinocytes (HaCaT). The combination of minoxidil and retinol additively promoted hair growth in hair follicle organ cultures. In addition, minoxidil plus retinol more effectively elevated phosphorylated Erk, phosphorylated Akt levels, and the Bcl-2/Bax ratio than minoxidil alone in DPCs and HaCaT. We found that the significant hair shaft elongation demonstrated after minoxidil plus retinol treatment would depend on the dual kinetics associated with the activations of Erk- and Akt-dependent pathways and the prevention of apoptosis by increasing the Bcl-2/Bax ratio.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone!

Would this help with the oxygen utilization & supply?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mri/eo2-edge.html

There are also several dozen Nitric Oxide boosters on the market...would any of these help as we're looking for Nitric Oxide and Oxygen Flow?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
exactly less than 1.5mm without brutal force is only for increased delivery of topical. its a hole different mechanism.
Could be overkill to do it every day, especially the day after a heavy roll, but who knows? I actually do roll with the 0.5mm needles sometimes during the week, purely for absorption.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
regarding infection control/

use latex gloves

i soak the roller in alcohol.
i prepare the galea with much betandine solution.

i roll wound hard.

i wipe hard with sterilized cloth material soaked in alcohol.
i wipe hard with sterilized clothe.

i clean roller with hot water with force i store it in its case swimming in alcohol.
i wait an hour without moving in my room.

if someones talk close to my head i scream and i punch him fast and hard.

[video=youtube;CQ5k-yE6-bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5k-yE6-bY[/video]

am i ok?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
regarding infection control/

use latex gloves

i soak the roller in alcohol.
i prepare the galea with much betandine solution.

i roll wound hard.

i wipe hard with sterilized cloth material soaked in alcohol.
i wipe hard with sterilized clothe.

i clean roller with hot water with force i store it in its case swimming in alcohol.
i wait an hour without moving in my room.

if someones talk close to my head i scream and i punch him fast and hard.

[video=youtube;CQ5k-yE6-bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5k-yE6-bY[/video]

am i ok?

hahahahahahaah!:box:

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Google thermoMax warm cream. I would think a topical would work better. I have not try this.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the proper way to massage scalp from edgar cayce....

In answering the question about what oil should be used on the scalp he said:
"The crude oils are the most satisfactory for stimulating the scalp, to prevent falling hair, to add luster, and to stimulate the growth." (276-4) "Each time after the crude oil massage, when the oil is rubbed in, cleanse same with a twenty percent solution of (grain) alcohol (with) water added. (480-23). This will thicken the hair and bring better conditions to the scalp.(4501-1)
To massage the scalp he recommended: "Place the fingertips of both hands on the scalp. Then move the scalp up an down and round in circles." He also cautioned, "Do not move the fingers in a rubbing motion, the purpose is to loosen the scalp from the skull and increase circulation."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]To show how body repair/dermarolling wounds heal works, Cayce used this analogy:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
“If there is a bone fracture, the body of itself creates that element needed to knit this fracture or broken area. Yet it does not supply or build as much of such an element during the periods when the fracture does not exist. Hence when it exists, unless there is an abundant supply of that which is needed by or from that which is assimilated, other portions of the body will suffer.”[/FONT]

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DSC07389.jpg-->DSC07419.jpg-->DSC07577.jpg 2 months and 5 days in.. first pic is buzzed. second is almost a month grown out. third is now and please do me a favor you hardbelievers. hair now should make the thinning much more visible.i know cause i used to have it like that and even longer before starting treatment.

here is an interesting notification i did some weeks back where i noticed existing hair comming in with much bigger diameter that they had. Untitledzz.jpg

any way the big regrowth hasnt come yet i believe its going to happen in the comming month. although its too early yet i am sure i have double the hair i had at the thinning areas. i am not selling anything bros. i am just telling you. today i also noticed i shed debris red and yellow it must be dead skin.

i took it serious with the baldness cause i cant afford it after getting some hard hits from life......

anyway i am saving money to go for a transplant when regen is 100% at clinics at age 30 now i am 24.

[video=youtube;WZ7pLHRkW9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ7pLHRkW9Y[/video] i like girls from balcans.

take care wound hard.

-john

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Nitric Oxide Supplement

The packaging is different and there was no color label (red, black) back then, but this is the nitric oxide I used to take. I believe this is the purest form without any of the other added junk in a lot of other similar supplements (noxplode, etc.):

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2651528#pr-header-back-to-top-link

- - - Updated - - -

Google thermoMax warm cream. I would think a topical would work better. I have not try this.

For the first result via amazon:
"Includes L-arginine, an amino acid which stimulates circulation by naturally relaxing blood vessels"

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the proper way to massage scalp from edgar cayce....

In answering the question about what oil should be used on the scalp he said:
"The crude oils are the most satisfactory for stimulating the scalp, to prevent falling hair, to add luster, and to stimulate the growth." (276-4) "Each time after the crude oil massage, when the oil is rubbed in, cleanse same with a twenty percent solution of (grain) alcohol (with) water added. (480-23). This will thicken the hair and bring better conditions to the scalp.(4501-1)
To massage the scalp he recommended: "Place the fingertips of both hands on the scalp. Then move the scalp up an down and round in circles." He also cautioned, "Do not move the fingers in a rubbing motion, the purpose is to loosen the scalp from the skull and increase circulation."

To show how body repair/dermarolling wounds heal works, Cayce used this analogy:

“If there is a bone fracture, the body of itself creates that element needed to knit this fracture or broken area. Yet it does not supply or build as much of such an element during the periods when the fracture does not exist. Hence when it exists, unless there is an abundant supply of that which is needed by or from that which is assimilated, other portions of the body will suffer.”

What exactly is crude oil? Is it really safe to apply to scalp? I've heard of it before on here...

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Pennsylvania crude oil, in a study vs minoxidil it made rats grow hair faster, study from India, so will not post, but edgar cayce has a good track record, even mentioned castor oil scalp treatments before shampooing,

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you're all enjoying this time of year wherever you are or whatever you are doing. May the upcoming year bring lots of regrowth for all of us!

Don't think there's much harm in skipping a week's 1.5mm rolling do you, BTW? More family time this week means I can't really have a red scalp with pin-pricks for several days after without being asked awkward questions. ;)

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
For someone who has minima amount of hairloss, is it possible to simply dermaroll without being hooked on minoxidil? Or it the minoxidil totally necessary?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you're all enjoying this time of year wherever you are or whatever you are doing. May the upcoming year bring lots of regrowth for all of us!

Don't think there's much harm in skipping a week's 1.5mm rolling do you, BTW? More family time this week means I can't really have a red scalp with pin-pricks for several days after without being asked awkward questions. ;)

Lol my manager keeps looking at my head but won't say anything, this is 5th week she noticed, only red for 2 days at most

- - - Updated - - -

Dermaroller should be fine alone, but if minimal, should do a lot of scalp massages

Status
Not open for further replies.