New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
form,
please don't listen to the hot dog barking. Most will follow the Indian study and hopefully confirm it. But we need people to try alternate dermarolling strategies and see what works slower or faster and what doesn't. If 0.5mm is not effective after 3-4 months just try 1.5mm with a numbing cream. What's 3 months in the life of a scalp?

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about derma rolling whilst using minoxidil and topical spironolactone?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about derma rolling whilst using minoxidil and topical spironolactone?

Nope. do it.

- - - Updated - - -

form,
please don't listen to the hot dog barking. Most will follow the Indian study and hopefully confirm it. But we need people to try alternate dermarolling strategies and see what works slower or faster and what doesn't. If 0.5mm is not effective after 3-4 months just try 1.5mm with a numbing cream. What's 3 months in the life of a scalp?

When you get somebody constantly asking the same question over over again is when I start barking.. read the ****ing thread even people took time to answer to his ****ing repeating questions.. Lazy ****ing people.. they just come here to get the answers..

- - - Updated - - -

Wait for a week like everyone. More frequent dermarolling will result in slower hair growth, as far we understand the process.

How did you come up with the answer for this?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Go deep or go home. Derma roller is not new in the male pattern baldness business.. .5mm won't cut the difference.. get a minimum of 1.5mm.. if you cannot stand the pain get a numb cream for tattoo..it works good. the pain is not even 2-5 minutes..big ****ing deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Sparxxx stop being a lazy *** and read that damn study.. copy and paste that regimen to your pumpkin..****!!:kaputt:

Squeeg!..thought we were buds ;-) I'm trying to get a line on what's going on here...what's everyone doing?? Are you guys all following the same regime, cuz there seems to be some differences and this thread is way to long now...

If I have to apply minoxidil every day, 2x/day, then forget it..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Squeeg!..thought we were buds ;-) I'm trying to get a line on what's going on here...what's everyone doing?? Are you guys all following the same regime, cuz there seems to be some differences and this thread is way to long now...

If I have to apply minoxidil every day, 2x/day, then forget it..

hahaahahah! no worries Sparx4444 yeah minoxidil is part of the regimen ..try a different kind than Kirkland or Rogaine.. there is liposomal minoxidil out there which is not greasy.. get a 1.5mm roller or + get on the yahooss bandwagon! common! do it!

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Hello guys, I don't use this forum much because I typically use *********talk but I wanted to share my photos here as well. I have followed the study to the T, essentially, but you be the judge if you think it worked, sorry for the first pics and their resolution.

Okay so I have taken new pictures with the same light as before. I put the before which are only 3 that I have and the new ones. If anything, well I will just use the new ones as a reference point. New ones have more resolution.

1month and 1 week as of today(pics are done right after derma rolling, that's why my scalp is red and maybe some blood):
http://imgur.com/a/kO2Pp

New:

back:
http://imgur.com/a/zsjgn

sides(This disease also has affected my sides, even worse
frown.gif
):
http://imgur.com/a/ygJsC

top view
http://imgur.com/a/5Fmdc

form

Reaction score
Go deep or go home. Derma roller is not new in the male pattern baldness business.. .5mm won't cut the difference.. get a minimum of 1.5mm.. if you cannot stand the pain get a numb cream for tattoo..it works good. the pain is not even 2-5 minutes..big ****ing deal.

I already said that I have a 1.5mm. Thanks for the advice, but I've tried using it and right now it's just not going to happen. If I see others having more success while nothing is happening on my side, maybe I will switch.

form,

Thank you odalbak. At least someone recognizes there is still value in hearing others' experiences.

When you get somebody constantly asking the same question over over again is when I start barking.. read the ****ing thread even people took time to answer to his ****ing repeating questions.. Lazy ****ing people.. they just come here to get the answers..

Do you see one question mark in my original post? Did I even ask for an opinion? I posted what I was doing, what I've noticed so far, and that I would update my status in the future. I've been watching this thread everyday for the past couple weeks. I've read the paper that prompted it and I've also seen that PrettyFly is having success with 0.5mm.

I tried a 0,5 mm dermaroller for a few months before. Didn't do anything that I was aware of.

Get the 1,5 mm, otherwise it's a waste of time.

I already said that I have a 1.5mm and that I've tried it and am sticking with the 0.5mm. Thank you for relating your experience, but I don't see how you can definitively say it's a waste of time based on your experience when at least one other person is having success with 0.5mm.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so I have taken new pictures with the same light as before. I put the before which are only 3 that I have and the new ones. If anything, well I will just use the new ones as a reference point. New ones have more resolution.

Old 5/4 months as of today(pics are done right after derma rolling, that's why my scalp is red and maybe some blood):

New:

back:

frown.gif
):

top view

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
My pics

Old 1month + 1week as of today(pics are done right after derma rolling, that's why my scalp is red and maybe some blood):

New:

back:

top view

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Shut up form! I wasn't talking to you LOL Why don't you stick with the ****ing study at least? Can't stand the pain once a week for 2.3 minutes LOL. Maybe Pretty fly can have better results with a deeper derma roller.. Pretty fly is slick bald.. if you have hair 0.5mm won't do ****.

form

Reaction score
Whether or not you were talking to me is irrelevant. You responded to a comment made about the attitude you took towards MY post. I have every right to correct erroneous statements.

How can you talk about sticking to the original study when you are going far beyond? Whether it's in a beneficial direction - nobody knows yet, so stop telling (or barking) others there isn't a point in going below 1.5mm. I agree there is benefit to confirming the study, but going > 2mm is deviating as much as going 0.5mm.

- - - Updated - - -

I said this before, but some hair loss sufferers don't deserve solutions.

Especially the ones willing to share their experience, only to be told they are doing it wrong and that they are wasting their time. Yeah, screw those guys.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Whether or not you were talking to me is irrelevant. You responded to a comment made about the attitude you took towards MY post. I have every right to correct erroneous statements.

How can you talk about sticking to the original study when you are going far beyond? Whether it's in a beneficial direction - nobody knows yet, so stop telling (or barking) others there isn't a point in going below 1.5mm. I agree there is benefit to confirming the study, but going > 2mm is deviating as much as going 0.5mm.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially the ones willing to share their experience, only to be told they are doing it wrong and that they are wasting their time. Yeah, screw those guys.

Form! my little chicken that cannot stand pain for few minutes a week.. LOL... Let me explain the reasons why I am using a 2.5mm derma roller right now.. I have hair left on my pumpkin so If I want to reach the skin a need longer needles..common sense right there, secondly I want to reach the subcutaneous fat which is located deeper in dermis. This fat carry the progenitor cells which feed your mother****ing hair.. Also a 2.5mm is way less painful than a 1.5 and I have a better control on it. It sticks like a Velcro and works better. The 0.50mm would be good for every other days before application of minoxidil or whatever topical you are using.. but you need to use the 1.5mm + once a week if you want real results. Some of you are just insecure little b****s ... it is disgusting. Like I said before, if you are afraid of the pain. get a good numb cream for tattoo.. or stay miserable trying the weak direction.

- - - Updated - - -

I said this before, but some hair loss sufferers don't deserve solutions.

They are not hair sufferers, they are just little dumb b****s. Weak inside out.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
the one thing the non-squeegee followers have to keep in mind is this -- if squeegee gets on something, it must be something...the guy is hardcore when it comes to beating hairloss and he doesn't chime up on results unless he's observing something...

...now...

..the effin 0.5mm does sting, it doesn't really hurt per se..but I am beginning to think that a longer prick would sting less but hurt a bit more...

..as far as being a wimpy b**ch, my physiotherapist does dry needle acupuncture on the most sore, tender parts of my back ...so I ain't no wimpy b**ch

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to reach the subcutaneous fat which is located deeper in dermis.

Does anyone actually know the thickness of the skin on the balding area of the scalp? Is skin thickness the same all over the body? No one would try to insert 1.5mm in the skin over the knuckles, right? Isn't full penetration of 1.5mm needles excessive? When I did that 4 days ago on my temples and vertex I really thought "this is just silly, the skin here is so thin, so much thinner than on my sides".

form

Reaction score
Form! my little chicken that cannot stand pain for few minutes a week.. LOL... Let me explain the reasons why I am using a 2.5mm derma roller right now.. I have hair left on my pumpkin so If I want to reach the skin a need longer needles..common sense right there, secondly I want to reach the subcutaneous fat which is located deeper in dermis. This fat carry the progenitor cells which feed your mother****ing hair.. Also a 2.5mm is way less painful than a 1.5 and I have a better control on it. It sticks like a Velcro and works better. The 0.50mm would be good for every other days before application of minoxidil or whatever topical you are using.. but you need to use the 1.5mm + once a week if you want real results. Some of you are just insecure little b****s ... it is disgusting. Like I said before, if you are afraid of the pain. get a good numb cream for tattoo.. or stay miserable trying the weak direction.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not hair sufferers, they are just little dumb b****s. Weak inside out.

You made an argument about me not sticking to the study. My response was to point out your hypocrisy. You were already bleeding (AKA not sticking to the study) at 1.5mm. Your reasons for going beyond 1.5mm are irrelevant to our discussion. BUT, at least I realize there is benefit in the experiment you're conducting and am interested in the results. I would never tell you you're doing something wrong and useless when I don't have the background to say that.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion I was miserable. I mentioned that I THINK my shedding has decreased, how could I be miserable with that? There aren't many results being posted yet (as most of us have just started), so any positive side effects are an early success.

I'm also unsure about the insecure b**ch comment (btw, thank you for removing my username from that sentence). I corrected some of the statements you made so they're not taken for fact by other people reading this thread. And now I'm sticking up for myself as you make disparaging comments toward me or anyone else who wants to share results from a regime that differs from your experiment or the original study. If you're really 35, please act accordingly.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I was trying to post my pictures here but I guess it doesn't let me. It says it has to be approved by mods and it's been a while.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know the thickness of the skin on the balding area of the scalp? Is skin thickness the same all over the body? No one would try to insert 1.5mm in the skin over the knuckles, right? Isn't full penetration of 1.5mm needles excessive? When I did that 4 days ago on my temples and vertex I really thought "this is just silly, the skin here is so thin, so much thinner than on my sides".

I think that everybody is different. Same race but different gene makeup. Why excessive.. it is just tiny needles, not a chainsaw. Odal, you are being too safe. Do you wear gloves everytime you go for a piss? Just copy and paste the damn study so at least you get some results out of this.

- - - Updated - - -

You made an argument about me not sticking to the study. My response was to point out your hypocrisy. You were already bleeding (AKA not sticking to the study) at 1.5mm. Your reasons for going beyond 1.5mm are irrelevant to our discussion. BUT, at least I realize there is benefit in the experiment you're conducting and am interested in the results. I would never tell you you're doing something wrong and useless when I don't have the background to say that.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion I was miserable. I mentioned that I THINK my shedding has decreased, how could I be miserable with that? There aren't many results being posted yet (as most of us have just started), so any positive side effects are an early success.

I'm also unsure about the insecure b**ch comment (btw, thank you for removing my username from that sentence). I corrected some of the statements you made so they're not taken for fact by other people reading this thread. And now I'm sticking up for myself as you make disparaging comments toward me or anyone else who wants to share results from a regime that differs from your experiment or the original study. If you're really 35, please act accordingly.

LOL.. you need a stress ball man.. not a derma roller.. anyways.. do you want regrowth and real results? get a minimum of 1.5mm. I butchered my head on purpose with it.. this is why the extra bleeding. Weak size weak results. I did try the 2.5mm by curiosity and works way better because I have hair left on my coconut. Form, do you need a hug?

- - - Updated - - -

I was trying to post my pictures here but I guess it doesn't let me. It says it has to be approved by mods and it's been a while.

Get a photobucket account and upload the link using the option insert image.. or just copy and paste the link provided with photobucket. DO IT!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
s910 .photobucket .com /user/BTTDesperateone/ slideshow/

Okay add those together and go to the link, trying to get around this problem

- - - Updated - - -

The last 3 are the before, the others is 1 month and 1 week after all the derma rolling and minoxidil, sorry for bad resolution on the before pics.

Desperateone.. copy and paste the IMG linked provided in photobucket on here.. so everybody can look at them..

Status
Not open for further replies.