New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Update on PrettyFly83's results:

PrettyFly83_zps4518377d.jpg

OK..that's pretty effin' good...you can see where the skin was shiny slick now looks like there are some sproutlings underneath....hmmmmm...you crazy bastards might be on to something here

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am hittin my pumpkin with the 2.5mm.

LOL Squeegee! Although those needles look significantly longer than 2.5mm and they don't seem to have done much for Pinhead's male pattern baldness....I guess he didn't change those on a regular basis though. That was a one-time thing. Hahah. Still, good luck to you bro, let us know how it goes!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
LOL Squeegee! Although those needles look significantly longer than 2.5mm and they don't seem to have done much for Pinhead's male pattern baldness....I guess he didn't change those on a regular basis though. That was a one-time thing. Hahah. Still, good luck to you bro, let us know how it goes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Chromeo! Pinhead's frigging male pattern baldness!!!!! Good stuff!!:punk: OK... I just rolled a 2.5 mm on my pumpkin.. way less painful than the 1.5mm.. way less blood... so what a surprise! also.. a better control because the needle are deeper in I guess.. I almost didn't bleed and I usually go crazy.. the big difference is pain.. almost no pain at all.. So WoW!!! I will 2.5 it every weeks.. I need to find a 3.0 now!! :punk:

sas

Reaction score
So, squeegee, you do aggressive microneedling every week?? I made my 3th extremely bloody session last sunday (lot of blood and lot of betadine :mrgreen:) with 1,5mm needles, and I do not know if repeat the 4th tomorrow or wait until next week...What do you suggest me?

My impressions are that hairs really looks stronger in the first 2-3 days after the microneedling, but then the initial "boost" seems to disappear. But may be it is just all in my head :gay2:
I plan to add to my regimen some grow fators soon after the derma rolling session, may be it will help, may be just another money wasting

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not know if repeat the 4th tomorrow or wait until next week

Wait for a week like everyone. More frequent dermarolling will result in slower hair growth, as far we understand the process.

sas

Reaction score
I mean, I made my last hard session one week ago (that was my 3th microneedling session, but the first one when I pushed really deep on my scalp, and I caused not certainly just the "mild herythema" mentioned in the study), but now I dunno if it's better to wait another week (14 days) to help recovery, or do it again tomorrow morning.

Do you guys perform 1,5 mm deep microneedling once a week? If so, do you feel 7 days are enough for your scalp to recover?

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Update on PrettyFly83's results:

PrettyFly83_zps4518377d.jpg
[/His head is shaved to the bone in the first photo. In the second photo his hair has grown out quite a bit. Look at the sides to see how much. I think that this makes it difficult to say what is regrowth and what is just hair growing in. Maybe though...]

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
If his head is "shaved to the bone" how come some hairs are clearly noticeable?

Here's a better shot of his hair before treatment and results after 2 months :

pretty hair.jpg

sas

Reaction score
I repeat my question: do you guys perform deep and aggressive dermarolling once a week, or do you just follow the guidelines of the indian study ("mild erythema")?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I repeat my question: do you guys perform deep and aggressive dermarolling once a week, or do you just follow the guidelines of the indian study ("mild erythema")?

I'm going doing it much harsher than the study:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l490/hellouser/dermarolling/13-08-14-right-temple.jpg

However, heres something to think about:

I'm using a 1.5mm dermaroller. The only to actually make use of the entire length of the microneedles is to push hard and ensure it goes in a full 1.5mm deep. However, that causes bleeding. So if the study also used a 1.5mm dermaroller, then they weren't pressing hard. If I don't see results in the coming weeks, I may switch to 'mild erythema' (gently pushing against the scalp with the dermaroller). I'm going harshed in order to try and replicate Follica's wounding methods.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
So, squeegee, you do aggressive microneedling every week?? I made my 3th extremely bloody session last sunday (lot of blood and lot of betadine :mrgreen:) with 1,5mm needles, and I do not know if repeat the 4th tomorrow or wait until next week...What do you suggest me?

My impressions are that hairs really looks stronger in the first 2-3 days after the microneedling, but then the initial "boost" seems to disappear. But may be it is just all in my head :gay2:
I plan to add to my regimen some grow fators soon after the derma rolling session, may be it will help, may be just another money wasting

I think that if you are aggressive with the roller 2 weeks is a better recovery time. I shed dead skin like crazy when I do that. I was about to do this but got my 2.5mm in the mail yesterday. I had to try it! Was really surprise to see that the 2.5mm is way less painful than the 1.5mm.

I want to try different regimen.. I was reading that some people uses the 1.5mm x3 times a week on their face. They go mild but more often which sounds like a good plan as well.. Like I said before, the latest study is just a baseline, we can make it work better so we have to try different way of doing it. The study is impressive by itself but I honestly know that we can do better and have faster results!:)

sas

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I performed 2 "mild" sessions and it seemed me to notice some thicher and healthy hairs. last week I moved to a more brutal microneedling, and now I am shedding like crazy...
I must say i am entering now in the 3d week of a mild AAS cycle, and unfortunately the shedding is likely caused by this
i am using lots of antinadrogens (ru, topical spironolactone and fluta), but I guess there is nothing to do for me to stop juice-related hair loss :thumbsdown:

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going into my 5th week of needling with the 1.5mm roller tonight, and it is clearly working. The natural shape of the hair growth is reappearing, and the hairs are coming in thicker and blacker than they have before. I don't want to get anybodies hopes up to an unrealistic level, but it certainly works.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Myself, I'm following the study to the T. Rolling with a 1.5mm needle one day per week, applying minoxidil twice every day (besides the rollling day).

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am going into my 5th week of needling with the 1.5mm roller tonight, and it is clearly working. The natural shape of the hair growth is reappearing, and the hairs are coming in thicker and blacker than they have before. I don't want to get anybodies hopes up to an unrealistic level, but it certainly works.

Same here brother!:punk:

form

Reaction score
I've been using a 0.5mm derma roller (1.5mm is just too much for me) roughly once a week for the past couple weeks and minoxidil roughly twice a day. Perhaps the only noticeable effect has been a decrease in shedding. However, I'm not even 100% sure about that... I'm trying to monitor my right temple as that is where I've had a lot of hair loss. I took some pictures after the first time I derma rolled and will continue with this regime to determine its efficiency.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I've been using a 0.5mm derma roller (1.5mm is just too much for me) roughly once a week for the past couple weeks and minoxidil roughly twice a day. Perhaps the only noticeable effect has been a decrease in shedding. However, I'm not even 100% sure about that... I'm trying to monitor my right temple as that is where I've had a lot of hair loss. I took some pictures after the first time I derma rolled and will continue with this regime to determine its efficiency.

The 0.5mm won't do what the others are doing..I have the Nanogen 0.5mm and it just hurts but it won't wound in any way...you need to almost draw blood...

...So -- what is the routine here??? minoxidil twice/day blows for me...can someone summarize??

form

Reaction score
The 0.5mm won't do what the others are doing..I have the Nanogen 0.5mm and it just hurts but it won't wound in any way...you need to almost draw blood...

...So -- what is the routine here??? minoxidil twice/day blows for me...can someone summarize??

If I remember correctly, PrettyFly is using 0.5mm ... so it seems to be doing SOMETHING at the least. I have a 1.5mm and unless I get wasted or someone else to roll for me, there is no way I can force myself to do it. So, I'll stick with 0.5mm for now and report on that.

Oh, and I should emphasize that I don't really expect to see growth this quickly. Like I said: it's only been two weeks.

Why does minoxidil twice a day suck for you? Have you tried foam? The liquid with PG absolutely kills my scalp; I spend all day scratching my head and it's greasy as hell. The foam is so quick to dry and it actually makes my hair feel thicker when I use it.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Go deep or go home. Derma roller is not new in the male pattern baldness business.. .5mm won't cut the difference.. get a minimum of 1.5mm.. if you cannot stand the pain get a numb cream for tattoo..it works good. the pain is not even 2-5 minutes..big ****ing deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Sparxxx stop being a lazy *** and read that damn study.. copy and paste that regimen to your pumpkin..****!!:kaputt:

Status
Not open for further replies.