New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
pics

Before:
IMG_2178_zps711483e7.jpg

IMG_2177_zps6ac51a42.jpg

IMG_2178_zps711483e7.jpg

After:
IMG_2195_zps2b6fe7e1.jpg

IMG_2194_zps7340856c.jpg

IMG_2182_zps7a7bc4df.jpg

IMG_2193_zpsbd3b7324.jpg

IMG_2181_zpscc77807f.jpg

IMG_2192_zps37caadba.jpg

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I tried everything already, this forum is paranoid about links I guess.
You can still see the pics on the link I provided, just remove the spaces or else it won't show.
Or better yet, someone get them post them for me.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
squeegee..you need to put up some pics...money talks, bull****,..well, you know :)

...I'd have no problem with all the tough talk if you showed your gains...but honestly, I don't the pain is worth the results you'll get...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
squeegee..you need to put up some pics...money talks, bull****,..well, you know :)

...I'd have no problem with all the tough talk if you showed your gains...but honestly, I don't the pain is worth the results you'll get...

LOL.. it is not tough talk.. I want people to understand that if you want real results, you have at least go with the size of the study and regimen.. it is the minimum requirement. not 0.25 or 0.50mm. Most of us still got hair. I don't feel **** with 0.25mm at all. It is not difficult to login on ebay.com and buy difference size derma roller for dirt cheap from the same seller from Hong Kong..yeah China makes some great Derma-roller.. just buy difference size and figure it yourself..For Minoxidil... there is a few alternative out there which are not greasy and does the job. Too many people over think, or doubt everything. Just do it! I'll show my gain in few month while you guys are still debating about the derma-roller to use and **** lol...
http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

- - - Updated - - -

LOL.. it is not tough talk.. I want people to understand that if you want real results, you have at least go with the size of the study and regimen.. it is the minimum requirement. not 0.25 or 0.50mm. Most of us still got hair. I don't feel **** with 0.25mm at all. It is not difficult to login on ebay.com and buy difference size derma roller for dirt cheap from the same seller from Hong Kong..yeah China makes some great Derma-roller.. just buy difference size and figure it yourself..For Minoxidil... there is a few alternative out there which are not greasy and does the job. Too many people over think, or doubt everything. Just do it! I'll show my gain in few month while you guys are still debating about the derma-roller to use and **** lol...
Get it done.. so I can buy the first round of beers next time I go to Edmonton! :salut:

- - - Updated - - -

I tried everything already, this forum is paranoid about links I guess.
You can still see the pics on the link I provided, just remove the spaces or else it won't show.
Or better yet, someone get them post them for me.

desperate you failed go back in your photobucket account.. click on the pic then click on the img link on your right. paste it on here..then post it.. the pic will appears after.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I am very much aware how to post pictures on a forum, I know you have to use shortcodes and I know how they work. I tried that as I have also tried the link by it self in plain text, I can even seen them in the preview. What you need to get into your thick skull is that this forum is paranoid about people with few posts linking somewhere else, regardless of the link it just says that it will need to be approved by a moderator. I gave you the link to the photobucket, you just need to copy it, paste it in the url box and fix it by removing the spaces.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am very much aware how to post pictures on a forum, I know you have to use shortcodes and I know how they work. I tried that as I have also tried the link by it self in plain text, I can even seen them in the preview. What you need to get into your thick skull is that this forum is paranoid about people with few posts linking somewhere else, regardless of the link it just says that it will need to be approved by a moderator. I gave you the link to the photobucket, you just need to copy it, paste it in the url box and fix it by removing the spaces.

See! it works!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...might consider doing it on my vertex...from the study, you don't need to break skin and bleed though!! lmao!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like really good results.. http://s910.photobucket.com/user/BTTDesperateone/slideshow/ how long you been rollin the derma?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
how long you been rollin the derma?

A little over one month and one week, followed the study almost to the T. I will be taking more every month to see the results.

Yes, I know it works for you 2,300 posts compared to 6. In the admin panel, certain things first need to be approved before one can keep posting links and photos, this is done to
prevent spammers to get backlinks.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
A little over one month and one week, followed the study almost to the T. I will be taking more every month to see the results.

Yes, I know it works for you 2,300 posts compared to 6. In the admin panel, certain things first need to be approved before one can keep posting links and photos, this is done to
prevent spammers to get backlinks.

I know all that boss!! I am just being silly!! Keep up the good work and pics.. 1.5mm with minoxidil?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I know all that boss!! I am just being silly!! Keep up the good work and pics.. 1.5mm with minoxidil?

yes 1.5mm and minoxidil, sometimes foam, kirkland and now more recently lipogaine to reduce the cost. I also added vit D3 and 15 mins of sunlight exposure, but I don't know how much effect that had if any.

Chelaxing

Reaction score
...might consider doing it on my vertex...from the study, you don't need to break skin and bleed though!! lmao!

the thing is though you will bleed with a 1.5mm roller. unless you roll with no pressure at all. even then you still might bleed. this is one of the things i don't understand about the study, how did they use a 1.5mm on the participants and did not bleed? why did they use a 1.5mm roller to achieve mild erythema when they could've easily achieved that with a 1.0mm roller or even a 0.5mm roller (same results with less pain). i have a feeling that the choice of needle length was just a guess by the researchers and not based on much reasoning.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
the thing is though you will bleed with a 1.5mm roller. unless you roll with no pressure at all. even then you still might bleed. this is one of the things i don't understand about the study, how did they use a 1.5mm on the participants and did not bleed? why did they use a 1.5mm roller to achieve mild erythema when they could've easily achieved that with a 1.0mm roller or even a 0.5mm roller (same results with less pain). i have a feeling that the choice of needle length was just a guess by the researchers and not based on much reasoning.

I bleed almost every morning shaving my face. not big deal. This is why they never mentioned it.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling that the choice of needle length was just a guess by the researchers and not based on much reasoning.

1.5mm means they didn't have to push fully on the roller and could get like 0.75-1.0mm needle penetration easily despite hair. Since I shave my hair like 3mm long I've decided to go on 1.0mm but insert the needles fully (that means going very slow and pushing on the roller until I can't push deeper). I just want to make the process consistent and accurate all over my scalp.

Also immediately after the normal 7min deep wounding session I may apply an additional strategy: using the roller superficially for like 45-60 min just to break the collagen on every tiny square mm of my scalp.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like there was some blood involved in the study... unless the red stuff around the edges is lipstick?! could be some other chemical as well (disinfecting agent maybe?)

IntJTrichol_2013_5_1_6_114700_u11.jpg

Looks like markings for the pictures???

Sparky4444

Reaction score

The red is in the minoxidil group that wasn't needling..so it isn't blood...

btw squeeg'..what are you using to disinfect the roller??

- - - Updated - - -

ok...1.5mm just ordered...you crazy bastards, we're all for one, one for all, eh squeeg'?? :hairy:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The red is in the minoxidil group that wasn't needling..so it isn't blood...

btw squeeg'..what are you using to disinfect the roller??

- - - Updated - - -

ok...1.5mm just ordered...you crazy bastards, we're all for one, one for all, eh squeeg'?? :hairy:

Sparx4444! I am using Rubbing Alcohol 70% before during and after use.. I always roll it after a shower when the meat of my head is more tender! Was about time you joined the yahooos hair loss club! :punk: If it hurts too much for ya.. get some drnumb.ca cream.. They use that for tattoos.. Can get cheaper one on Egay

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this study does nothing to convince me that it wasn't a placebo effect
strictly speaking the minoxidil group should of been lead to belive they were getting a dermaroller too

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Could you show us a scientific study that demonstrates a placebo impact on significant hair growth?

Yeah...he's reaching here, but I guess we're all so sensitive to the latest thing that we have to question it...but I don' believe placebo is at all relevant here

- - - Updated - - -

Sparx4444! I am using Rubbing Alcohol 70% before during and after use.. I always roll it after a shower when the meat of my head is more tender! Was about time you joined the yahooos hair loss club! :punk: If it hurts too much for ya.. get some drnumb.ca cream.. They use that for tattoos.. Can get cheaper one on Egay

Well...I think I'll be OK with the pain...I took my 0.5mm and really dug into my temple area and it did break the skin and bled a bit...pretty small but when I took a kleenex to the area there was red little dots...If it's once/week, then just grin and bear it...

...I have a couple bottles of 5% non PG left over so I'll give this a go for a couple of months...putting minoxidil on my bare temples is no biggee....

- - - Updated - - -

The one glaring problem with this is that there should be a control where NOTHING is done...so you shave your head, needle one area, but not another area, then see what happens after a week, 2 weeks, one month, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.