New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Because I am sick of repeating myself to lazy dumbasses like you that comes here for answers only. Stupid b**ch afraid of shedding some hairs. Use your lazy brain and common sense. If my input is useless, your membership on here is beyond useless by cluttering the thread , assclown. Learn why finasteride and minoxidil causes shedding and copy and paste the same knowledge to the derma roller treatment. Not only you are afraid of shedding some hair, you are also afraid of making decisions and learn something by yourself. hahaahah another useless member, you should stayed as a lurker.

I was never a lurker. I registered upon first visiting the forum.

You have clearly displayed your low level of intelligence and I do not intend on gathering any additional information or input from you. I am not looking to make any assumptions by copying and pasting knowledge from another treatment as if it will necessarily apply in this case. That's terrible thinking, actually. I'm interested in research and systematic inquiry. You don't understand this and that's very evident.

If you cannot read and comprehend things well, and don't understand the concept of properly addressing a specific question, please refrain from responding to any future inquiries I may have. Thanks.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
squeegee quit being a di*k, LOL, but I do agree to a point, read up on it rerun, it is still experimental and squeegee said he had a shed along with most people, most treatments have sheds unfortunately, I am t 3x rolling and 4 weeks minoxidil and shedding, I was shedding a lot before, what is the answer? I will tell you in 6 mo

Shedding is just a possibility, not an option. But everybody on here should expect it. Remodeling the scalp can cause trauma to the hair cycle. New capillaries, blood vessels, rush of ATP and blood flow during acute inflammatory, induction of new collagen and elastin.. A shed is a good trade-off for new thick hairline!

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
wow that escalated. to rerun, you're asking if there is an increased tendency to shed if adding minoxidil to dermarolling, and the only way to find that out is if two people start dermarolling at the same time and one uses minoxidil and the other doesnt. it would also depend if it was the dermaroller's first time using minoxidil. and another factor would be, that most people on this forum giving dermarolling a try would want the most of it and would add minoxidil to get the best results.

I am curious however, once you get your gains from dermarolling with minoxidil are you able to maintain your gains with just dermarolling and quit minoxidil? anyone who might have a scientific answer please chime in

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I was never a lurker. I registered upon first visiting the forum.

You have clearly displayed your low level of intelligence and I do not intend on gathering any additional information or input from you. I am not looking to make any assumptions by copying and pasting knowledge from another treatment as if it will necessarily apply in this case. That's terrible thinking, actually. I'm interested in research and systematic inquiry. You don't understand this and that's very evident.

If you cannot read and comprehend things well, and don't understand the concept of properly addressing a specific question, please refrain from responding to any future inquiries I may have. Thanks.

Thank you Rerun for the kind words. The Copy and paste option is a fast band-aid for blind, lazy people that not only needs to read it again but also needs to understand it but that would be to much to ask from you ( another lazy member). Getting my intelligence "measured" by a guy that don't use it himself is pretty much self-explanatory.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the answer to your question is an obvious one. One product = possibility to shed; two products = increased possibility to shed.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
wow that escalated. to rerun, you're asking if there is an increased tendency to shed if adding minoxidil to dermarolling, and the only way to find that out is if two people start dermarolling at the same time and one uses minoxidil and the other doesnt. it would also depend if it was the dermaroller's first time using minoxidil. and another factor would be, that most people on this forum giving dermarolling a try would want the most of it and would add minoxidil to get the best results.

I am curious however, once you get your gains from dermarolling with minoxidil are you able to maintain your gains with just dermarolling and quit minoxidil? anyone who might have a scientific answer please chime in

According to him: He maintained his hairline without Minoxidil after his hairline recovered...

I also got enough courage to discontinue minoxidil and shift toward a topical polyphenol formulation: tea catechins and theaflavins, apple procyandins, soy isoflavones, grapeseed proanthocyanidins, and sangre de drago. I'm currently mixing my topicals with dimethyl isosorbide and MSM. I eventually might get myself some DMSO. BTW, theaflavins are especially staining, still a distant second to curcumin though.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/25910-Skin-Needling/page27

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Rerun for the kind words. The Copy and paste option is a fast band-aid for blind, lazy people that not only needs to read it again but also needs to understand it but that would be to much to ask from you ( another lazy member). Getting my intelligence "measured" by a guy that don't use it himself is pretty much self-explanatory.

At this point, you're in a losing war, buddy. You would have been better off simply not responding initially, since your input was never adequate, and all additional responses have been equally useless. Your failure to understand this is comical.

Also, the underlined word should be "doesn't". I guess you are too intelligent to use proper grammar. :freak:

Have a good night. :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
At this point, you're in a losing war, buddy. You would have been better off simply not responding initially, since your input was never adequate, and all additional responses have been equally useless. Your failure to understand this is comical.

Also, the underlined word should be "doesn't". I guess you are too intelligent to use proper grammar. :freak:

Have a good night. :)

Rerun.. English is not my first language.. good night proper grammar.

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score

I think the answer to your question is an obvious one. One product = possibility to shed; two products = increased possibility to shed.

Thank you both for your input and for understanding how to properly address a question.

Yes, Danawhite1, the situation you proposed would have been ideal and would help better determine if one method is more likely to lead to shedding than the other. It does seem that most people tend to start with both dermarolling and minoxidil to increase their chances of an effective treatment. I'm still hesistant to add Minoxidil, as I may be able to maintain my hair without it at this stage.

CursedMen, that's possible. There is a lot of documentation about Minoxidil causing sheds, but little about dermarolling itself (which is different from dermarolling in combination with Minoxidil). This leads me to wonder if it is Minoxidil that's the primary trigger. But if both do happen to cause sheds, using them in combination could exacerbate the shed or increase the likelihood of a shed.

- - - Updated - - -

Rerun.. English is not my first language..

I don't really care. English is not my first language either. :salut:

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
But the fact that a lot of these guys have been on Minoxidil for years, yet they are experiencing an increased in shedding leads us to believe rolling itself CAN cause a shed. A lot of them wait 24 hours after rolling to apply topicals, and the holes close pretty fast. Then there are some that don't use Minoxidil, but experience shedding. A shed is really no big deal.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
But the fact that a lot of these guys have been on Minoxidil for years, yet they are experiencing an increased in shedding leads us to believe rolling itself CAN cause a shed. A lot of them wait 24 hours after rolling to apply topicals, and the holes close pretty fast. Then there are some that don't use Minoxidil, but experience shedding. A shed is really no big deal.

Et Voila! Shed is a good trade for a brand new hairline. If you want success you need to accept the downfalls.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Having difficulties drawing blood with the 1.5mm on the temples. The blood vessels which are attached to the fibrous connective tissue (The superficial fascia) there seems to be deeper or less dense.This is maybe why the hairs in this location vanish first and regrowth is difficult. I want to stimulate this problem area as much as I can with the releases of growth factors & inducing Angiogenesis.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/834808-overview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis

Angiogenesis is the physiological process through which new
blood vessels form from pre-existing vessels

- - - Updated - - -

What is the Dermaroller?

The Dermaroller is a cylindrical shaped drum studded with very fine needles. It is a medical device used in micro needling to break down old scar tissue & to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibres (neo-collagenesis) as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply (neo-angiogenesis). The procedures are called Scar Reduction Therapy (SRT) & Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT).

http://www.genuinedermaroller.com.au/dermaroller-therapy/faqs

i agree thanks, I'm going into 5th week just rolling temples, no minoxyl, I am seeing lot of vellus hairs and few dark hairs, using1.5 I bleed pretty good though, but not every poke with dermaroller, just taking msm and vitamin c, also notified my sideburns growing in and having rolled there

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
i agree thanks, I'm going into 5th week just rolling temples, no minoxyl, I am seeing lot of vellus hairs and few dark hairs, using1.5 I bleed pretty good though, but not every poke with dermaroller, just taking msm and vitamin c, also notified my sideburns growing in and having rolled there

One anecdote.. I rolled my whole face yesterday, my beard was definitely felt and looked stronger than normal the next day. I shave everyday on week-days. The releases of ATP, extra blood flow and growth factors during acute inflammatory after rolling is an awesome weapon for hair growth.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys i am very very happy. my hairline which last year became penis like and receded fills in and widens slowly. the new hairs are v8 turbo i mean i cant shed them even if i pull all day. they are thick as a donkeys. lol. i always wanted to have a convertible and the air mess my hair. when i started loosing hair i didnt like the idea of sticking with a coupe. lol

i love you all.
[video=youtube;a35rNEBNiO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a35rNEBNiO4[/video]

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
guys i am very very happy. my hairline which last year became penis like and receded fills in and widens slowly. the new hairs are v8 turbo i mean i cant shed them even if i pull all day. they are thick as a donkeys. lol. i always wanted to have a convertible and the air mess my hair. when i started loosing hair i didnt like the idea of sticking with a coupe. lol

i love you all.

hahhahahahah bad *** post!

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;GZWaYuHLpnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZWaYuHLpnI[/video]

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
carbohydrate on legs lolllllllllllllllllolllllllllllllllollllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i love you all.

hahhahahahah bad *** post!

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;GZWaYuHLpnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZWaYuHLpnI[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

i lost count i think i did my sixth roll. many intense rolls on my numb head the blood was like hell alot. at the end i wiped it hard with saline so now its just red the head and i dont have to worry about scabs. lets see.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
had some shed now got some new thicker terminals out from my miniaturized hair.Hope they ll go strong! :punk:

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I make a request of you guys, update your regimens so we can mouse over them so when you post results or statements we can compare, some are just rolling some are on minoxidil and or finasteride, I just updated mine and put the date I started rolling, for me it help

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
To the fellas that have been rolling for a while, does the top your scalp seem like like the sides and back. Like stretchiness?

Status
Not open for further replies.