New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
To the fellas that have been rolling for a while, does the top your scalp seem like like the sides and back. Like stretchiness?

[video=youtube;6L8UQaAJmYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8UQaAJmYs[/video]

Laughter is good for hair growth

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah like that,

- - - Updated - - -

this is the inventor of dermaroller look at his face, lol he is 70 year old. loooooooooooool

http://www.tourismcorp.co.za/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/dES-RELAXING1.jpg

I'm not sure this is the guy who invented the Dermaroller. (IIRC, it was invented in Germany. This guy is South African?)

But this man is advocating using topical vitamin A already from age 5. (Retin-A is a form of vitamin A)

I definitely plan to use vitamin A for the rest of my days [its very inexpensive]. Still not sure its smart to use on the scalp, combined with minoxidil/dermarolling.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;6L8UQaAJmYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8UQaAJmYs[/video]

Laughter is good for hair growth

hahahahaahahhaha! Name something you can pass around? a Joint! lol a term than means wife? b**ch hahaahahaha

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Been rolling for about two months. One roll per week.2.0mm. Minxoidil once and sometimes twice per day. Losing alot of hair. I guess I am shedding because I never used minoxidil before. But I am calm I believe my hair will come back thicker and healthier. I am kind of enjoying this shed. I look at it as getting rid of the bad crops before the good crops come through. I just bought a 1.5mm derma stamp and I am going to switch to that because the roller tangles to much hair. Good luck everyone.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
guys i am very very happy. my hairline which last year became penis like and receded fills in and widens slowly. the new hairs are v8 turbo i mean i cant shed them even if i pull all day. they are thick as a donkeys. lol. i always wanted to have a convertible and the air mess my hair. when i started loosing hair i didnt like the idea of sticking with a coupe. lol

i love you all.

Haha no more penis head! That's great 2young, congrats man.

Been rolling for about two months. One roll per week.2.0mm. Minxoidil once and sometimes twice per day. Losing alot of hair. I guess I am shedding because I never used minoxidil before. But I am calm I believe my hair will come back thicker and healthier. I am kind of enjoying this shed. I look at it as getting rid of the bad crops before the good crops come through. I just bought a 1.5mm derma stamp and I am going to switch to that because the roller tangles to much hair. Good luck everyone.

I had a minor shed early on, but I had already been on minoxidil a long time. Personal anecdote; Sometimes while I was in the shower waiting for the keto to set, I would slap a couple of the hairs on the shower tile and have a look at them. 9 times out of 10 the hairs were visibly thicker(sometimes twice as thick) halfway down the shaft or so, corresponding with when I introduced the dermarolling. At any rate, you're right. The hair will come back bigger and better.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Been rolling for about two months. One roll per week.2.0mm. Minxoidil once and sometimes twice per day. Losing alot of hair. I guess I am shedding because I never used minoxidil before. But I am calm I believe my hair will come back thicker and healthier. I am kind of enjoying this shed. I look at it as getting rid of the bad crops before the good crops come through. I just bought a 1.5mm derma stamp and I am going to switch to that because the roller tangles to much hair. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE

I am thinking of going to derma stamp also, My hair is short and I still lose quite a bit when I roll, I have rolled 3 times and been on minoxidil for 1 month and am shedding like a mutha but I had some weird stuff happening with my hair before so I have no idea whats going to happen

killacamron

Reaction score
Hey rollers,
I am on my 3rd week currently rolling with a 1.5 mm W/O Minodixil

I was wondering, is anyone having hair fall out after use? Not in a "shedding" sense (although there are some)
but more of "cut" hairs just falling out. As I roll I do hear a "crunching" sound over my hair and see chopped hairs fall out after I rub my head

I've done it after a shower, but didn't leave my hair dripping wet, just padded with a towel leaving some wetness. Also tried by holding my hair back and down while rolling.
Anything I'm doing wrong? Should I just have my hair soaked and try it?

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't noticed hair falling out, but that doesn't mean it's not. I hear the crunching sound as well, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. I do the same as you - I roll after taking a shower but towel dry my hair so it's not dripping wet.

Reaction score
In time for my 11th weekly roll I've gone and ordered a 1.5 mm ~178 needle roller. I've been using a 0.5mm ~178 needle roller every morning and night and find it much more satisfying than the ~520 needle. It has a cool popping sound which is the needles actually breaking the skin surface, something that too many needles inhibit due to the bed-of-nails effect.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey rollers,
I am on my 3rd week currently rolling with a 1.5 mm W/O Minodixil

I was wondering, is anyone having hair fall out after use? Not in a "shedding" sense (although there are some)
but more of "cut" hairs just falling out. As I roll I do hear a "crunching" sound over my hair and see chopped hairs fall out after I rub my head

I've done it after a shower, but didn't leave my hair dripping wet, just padded with a towel leaving some wetness. Also tried by holding my hair back and down while rolling.
Anything I'm doing wrong? Should I just have my hair soaked and try it?

Is it a 540 count? Also, some of these rollers have little blades instead of needles, and are more apt to cut hair. If it's neither of those things, then yeah, try it with soaked hair next time. I wouldn't worry about it too much anyway. And the crunching noise is a good thing, that's the sound of vanishing fibrosis;).

killacamron

Reaction score
Yeah it is a 540 count and you're right, does look like little blades instead of needles.
After looking into other rollers, I see how mine may do this.
Hmm guess that solves that.

Thanks!

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to start needling, and am curious after reading these recent posts... How do I know if I'm getting a roller with needles, and not blades? Is a roller with less needles better or worse than a roller with 540 needles? What is a good topical to put in after rolling? I don't understand the concoctions people are posting on here or how to make them... Is there anything simple I can buy?

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start needling, and am curious after reading these recent posts... How do I know if I'm getting a roller with needles, and not blades? Is a roller with less needles better or worse than a roller with 540 needles? What is a good topical to put in after rolling? I don't understand the concoctions people are posting on here or how to make them... Is there anything simple I can buy?

This is the kind of roller you want. http://www.amazon.com/Rejuveness-Co...52778&sr=8-1&keywords=rejuveness+derma+roller

192 ct is better for our purposes (better penetration)
Don't apply anything right after rolling, leave your head alone until the next day.
Minoxidil (rogaine) is the only thing you need to apply, once, or preferably twice everyday except rolling day.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
And then when I clean it, I do it with rubbing alcohol right? Do I just set it in a cup of it? Can I re-use the cup or do I go through a cup of it every week? Do I just clean it and wait till it dries to start rolling? Sorry about the dumb questions is just don't want to make any dumb mistakes... Thanks for your help Jlyncher!

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Nimesulide reduces prostaglandins. However, when combined, Nimesulide + Pge2 reduced collagen content/fibrosis in the study. Studies have shown that Nimesulide increases prostaglandin sensitivity, which means the dosage of Pge2 on wounds was increased many-fold due to increased sensitivity.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
And then when I clean it, I do it with rubbing alcohol right? Do I just set it in a cup of it? Can I re-use the cup or do I go through a cup of it every week? Do I just clean it and wait till it dries to start rolling? Sorry about the dumb questions is just don't want to make any dumb mistakes... Thanks for your help Jlyncher!

Go through a cup every week.. I usually clean it with really hot water after use then let it sit in rubbing alcohol for a while.. then I put away.. Alcohol will dry up quickly and get rid of the water in the roller. I usually clean it before use as well and during use.. I just dip it in alcohol and keep on rolling..

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Nimesulide increases prostaglandin sensitivity, they combined Pge2 & Nimesulide which lead to an increase in pge2 many-fold.

This has been asked and debated many times before, whether one should use anti-inflammatories or not early in wound healing, I personally advocated against using them in the first few days post wounding because as I have stated, I don't know what the role would be and that it could interfere with the healing process. A study posted by a user here a while back (shivers20) got me intrigued and I dig a little bit of digging into the matter...

http://www.triomeetingposters.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/115.pdf

The study above was trying to achieve scarless wound healing and they used nimesulide a strong anti-inflammatory agent (cox 2 inhibitor) along with PGE2.

Here is a good review about some studies hitting at this:

http://regenerationinnature.wordpress.com/tag/collagen/

The first study confirmed these claims by using a cox 2 inhibitor

In most mammals including humans it seems we have very little regeneration ability, here is the difference between tissue repair and tissue regeneration:

So what does that all mean for using an anti-inflammatory? If it reduces fibrosis and promotes scareless wound healing, it seems to be a good thing, but the remaining question is then, do anti-inflammatories inhibit production of growth factors necessary for hair growth? I have no idea, yet...

http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/121/13/2381

The question then becomes whether the beneficial growth factors for our hair are only released during the inflammatory phase... Like I said, I ain't got a clue :)... even these researchers don't seem to have a consensus on general wound healing mechanisms...Just some food for thought...

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Shivers20 was that directed to me? If so call me an idiot but I don't speak that language... Could you tell me in simpler terms what nimesulide is?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks squeegee... And don't last question is this... I really only have hair loss along my hairline... Not bad,and it's still thick where my hair is, but my question is, am I stupid to do this just specifically along my hairline for growth or have you found more often than not it's mostly effective on the vortex of the head rather than along the hairline? Thanks again!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Shivers20 was that directed to me? If so call me an idiot but I don't speak that language... Could you tell me in simpler terms what nimesulide is?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks squeegee... And don't last question is this... I really only have hair loss along my hairline... Not bad,and it's still thick where my hair is, but my question is, am I stupid to do this just specifically along my hairline for growth or have you found more often than not it's mostly effective on the vortex of the head rather than along the hairline? Thanks again!

Roll as much ground as possible, even the area with thick hair. By doing that , you prevent future hairloss and get as much growth factors migrating to your scalp. Really important to roll where your juvenile hairline was and the surrounding. Don't be shy on the roller!

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
LoL anyone Here still on 540 needles or everyone now on 192 ones ?isnt More needles = more fibrosis destroyed ?less painfull than 540 one?

Status
Not open for further replies.