New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok squeegee since we have to take your word for it got a couple questions :), did it help your hairline? what percent do you think you have gained? did it help your exhisting hair? not just regrow new

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Ok squeegee since we have to take your word for it got a couple questions :), did it help your hairline? what percent do you think you have gained? did it help your exhisting hair? not just regrow new

It greatly helped my hairline. Normally, you see a thickening effect and maybe a shed of your existing hairs following the start of the derma rolling treatment.. 10-15 weeks.. then juvenile hairline start to filling up slowly.. Everybody on here have different stages of Androgen Alopecia, we also balding in different areas.. we will all respond differently to the treatment but at the end it will be all positive. Some people on here including myself already experiencing positive results with their hairlines.. This is why it is important to have a greater coverage with the derma roller than your existing hair on your pumpkin.

Here some great examples..
Cthulhu,Jlyncher, Casperz

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...w-Dermaroller-Study-Thoughts-comments/page219
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...w-Dermaroller-Study-Thoughts-comments/page258
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...w-Dermaroller-Study-Thoughts-comments/page264

Chipman222

Reaction score
Sorry guys, just got another question that I'm sure has been asked numerous times.

Is it ok to use Nizoral a day or two after rolling? Would the anti-inflammatory properties of Nizoral interrupt the wounding process?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
squeegee thank you for the posts. i am 24 year old but i will use these hyaluroniucs in conjuction with ascorbics and rolling to prevent turning sh it faced around thirties. i also hope the rolling does sth to my hair. if i see results i will keep doing it once a month with 5 days minoxidil adter wounding forever. i am almost Norwood 3 so if it works a turkish fue will make me nw1, i am so happy.

at the end all things in life require work and a squeegee brain around . :)

hahaha!:salut:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, just got another question that I'm sure has been asked numerous times.

Is it ok to use Nizoral a day or two after rolling? Would the anti-inflammatory properties of Nizoral interrupt the wounding process?

Yes, you can use it the next day. It is only a shampoo, not a "stay on cream".

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links squeegee. Interesting! If I use my roller before going to bed, would it still be okay if I had used minoxil the same day in the morning?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the links squeegee. Interesting! If I use my roller before going to bed, would it still be okay if I had used minoxil the same day in the morning?

yes! Some people including myself use the derma roller and apply Minoxidil the same day..

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool! Then I only need to skip minoxidil 2 times a week; the evening (after derma rolling) and the following morning. Am I understanding correct?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Cool! Then I only need to skip minoxidil 2 times a week; the evening (after derma rolling) and the following morning. Am I understanding correct?

It is really up to you! Sometimes, I add minoxidil following derma rolling... couple hours after. yes, the micro wounds are closed and nothing is absorbed in the blood..

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Totally! I just rolled my whole head including my face. 3.0mm for the temples, 1.5mm for everything else. I used numbfast. I applied it then rolled it right away. Works really good. Maybe with a .50 mm first then the numfast, probably have better results from the cream but I am really impressed.you can still feels the needles but way way less painful. I can feel the heat coming out of my face LOL. NUmbfast is awesome!

Why 3.0 on temples?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Why 3.0 on temples?

Having difficulties drawing blood with the 1.5mm on the temples. The blood vessels which are attached to the fibrous connective tissue (The superficial fascia) there seems to be deeper or less dense.This is maybe why the hairs in this location vanish first and regrowth is difficult. I want to stimulate this problem area as much as I can with the releases of growth factors & inducing Angiogenesis.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/834808-overview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis

Angiogenesis is the physiological process through which new
blood vessels form from pre-existing vessels

- - - Updated - - -

What is the Dermaroller?

The Dermaroller is a cylindrical shaped drum studded with very fine needles. It is a medical device used in micro needling to break down old scar tissue & to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibres (neo-collagenesis) as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply (neo-angiogenesis). The procedures are called Scar Reduction Therapy (SRT) & Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT).

http://www.genuinedermaroller.com.au/dermaroller-therapy/faqs

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read about people shedding soon after using the dermaroller. Do you think this is because of the combination of the dermaroller with the minoxidil (increased absorption?)? Have there been any accounts of a person just using the dermaroller (no minoxidil) and not shedding?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I have read about people shedding soon after using the dermaroller. Do you think this is because of the combination of the dermaroller with the minoxidil (increased absorption?)? Have there been any accounts of a person just using the dermaroller (no minoxidil) and not shedding?

Every legit hair loss treatments can possibly create shedding.. derma roller itself included.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-faq/shedding-treatments.php

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-news/article223.php

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Dammit squeegee now I am going to get a 3mm, that's where I need the most help, I do bleed the most in that area though so I must be getting thru

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I understand that aspect about shedding with legitimate hair loss treatments. I still consider dermarolling an experimental treatment.

Do you know of anyone who simply dermarolled (no minoxidil) and bypassed the shedding?

Derma roller stimulates physical changes to your scalp. Remodeling of the whole scalp. Try to understand the aspect of shedding first from the legitimate hair loss treatments then apply your knowledge to the derma roller treatment and yes derma roller without minoxidil or any known treatments can cause shedding, a change in the hair cycle which results in affected hairs being ejected to make room for new hairs. ****ing commonsense. If you cannot go over the fact that yeah derma roller can cause shedding or any other treatments, what the **** are you doing here?

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Derma roller stimulates physical changes to your scalp. Remodeling of the whole scalp. Try to understand the aspect of shedding first from the legitimate hair loss treatments then apply your knowledge to the derma roller treatment and yes derma roller without minoxidil or any known treatments can cause shedding, a change in the hair cycle which results in affected hairs being ejected to make room for new hairs. ****ing commonsense. If you cannot go over the fact that yeah derma roller can cause shedding or any other treatments, what the **** are you doing here?

I am simply asking for anecdotal evidence of people who have used dermarolling without minoxidl. I don't know why you have such a difficult time processing this and can only muster robotic responses of redirecting me to general links about shedding with legitimate hair loss treatments (of which I am already aware).

If you cannot answer my question, please do not respond to it. I am not seeking a blanket statement about shedding with hair loss treatments. Thanks.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am simply asking for anecdotal evidence of people who have used dermarolling without minoxidl. I don't know why you have such a difficult time processing this and can only muster robotic responses of redirecting me to general links about shedding with legitimate hair loss treatments (of which I am already aware).

If you cannot answer my question, please do not respond to it. I am not seeking a blanket statement about shedding with hair loss treatments. Thanks.

WTF rerun.. you can answer that stupid question to yourself. I go on the derma roller treatment, you go on the derma roller treatment. You shed, I don't. Here is your ****ing anecdote. You can shed or not and it goes to every ****ing hair loss treatments. Some people on here didn't shed yet from the derma roller treatment and some did. Shedding is not a mandatory option, it can just possibly happen. WTF you don't understand???? Derma roller cause local trauma to your scalp.. I think you can maybe expect a shedding from it.. even if the next guy don't shed, you can shed. you can ask that stupid question to a millions guys, all the answers will be different. dumbass Just be ready for it and stop being a b**ch.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee quit being a di*k, LOL, but I do agree to a point, read up on it rerun, it is still experimental and squeegee said he had a shed along with most people, most treatments have sheds unfortunately, I am t 3x rolling and 4 weeks minoxidil and shedding, I was shedding a lot before, what is the answer? I will tell you in 6 mo

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
WTF rerun.. you can answer that stupid question to yourself. I go on the derma roller treatment, you go on the derma roller treatment. You shed, I don't. Here is your ****ing anecdote. You can shed or not and it goes to every ****ing hair loss treatments. Some people on here didn't shed yet from the derma roller treatment and some did. Shedding is not a mandatory option, it can just possibly happen. WTF you don't understand???? Derma roller cause local trauma to your scalp.. I think you can maybe expect a shedding from it.. even if the next guy don't shed, you can shed. you can ask that question to a millions guys, all the answer will be different. dumbass

You're the dumb ***. I am trying to determine if there is an increased tendency to shed when dermarolling and using minoxidil compared to only dermarolling without minoxidil.

Your input is useless, because you are not actively thinking but just regurgitating generalized statements that don't address my specific question. Learn to read.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
You're the dumb ***. I am trying to determine if there is an increased tendency to shed when dermarolling and using minoxidil compared to only dermarolling without minoxidil.

Your input is useless, because you are not actively thinking but just regurgitating generalized statements that don't address my specific question. Learn to read.

Because I am sick of repeating myself to lazy dumbasses like you that comes here for answers only. Stupid b**ch afraid of shedding some hairs. Use your lazy brain and common sense. If my input is useless, your membership on here is beyond useless by cluttering the thread , assclown. Learn why finasteride and minoxidil causes shedding and copy and paste the same knowledge to the derma roller treatment. Not only you are afraid of shedding some hair, you are also afraid of making decisions and learn something by yourself. hahaahah another useless member, you should stayed as a lurker.

Status
Not open for further replies.