My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if Zix is working for me...

The worst part is this, when I apply it, and rub the lotion is, literally 5-10 hairs grasp to the dropper - it's like i lose hairs applying the soluiton on, it sucks!

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if Zix is working for me...

The worst part is this, when I apply it, and rub the lotion is, literally 5-10 hairs grasp to the dropper - it's like i lose hairs applying the soluiton on, it sucks!
Yeah, I have that happen no matter what. Comb my hair, shower, put min in. Hair is shedding constantly. The shedding thing is interesting to me. Some of my friends are completely bald and never experienced 'shedding'.

Davok

Reaction score
I’d say it’s something for my hair? What’s it matter, man? Who cares?!?
Well imo I think there's a certain stigma associated with people trying to save their hair. It's generally more publically accepted to just shave it off and move on. I'm not like a Norwood 1.5, so people know I'm balding and when they see that I'm trying stuff which clearly isn't a commercially made product, they'll know I'm kinda desperate. So if they know this and I start losing more hair then they would pick on you more for it.

I mean, if the above weren't true, wouldn't there be a lot more people that would get hair transplants? Is kind of an extreme situation yes, but I think you can see my point.

Maybe I'm over-analysing the situation, but that's just my take on it.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have that happen no matter what. Comb my hair, shower, put min in. Hair is shedding constantly. The shedding thing is interesting to me. Some of my friends are completely bald and never experienced 'shedding'.
Do they even realize they're bald? How can one be oblivious to losing 50,000 hairs or how ever many we originally had lol

The consensus I've heard is it's normal to shed between 50-100 hairs a day... who knows

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, does anyone else have the issues of when they apply zix, rub it in, literalyl 10-20 hairs come off and are wrapped around the droplet and your hands. It's actually making me think applying it causes more hair loss.

I am using the Ethyl, P5P and Zinc solution. What can i expect, losing faith in all of this.

Serious other question, I want a transplant, but is it even worth it without finasteride, would zix be enough?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, does anyone else have the issues of when they apply zix, rub it in, literalyl 10-20 hairs come off and are wrapped around the droplet and your hands. It's actually making me think applying it causes more hair loss.

I am using the Ethyl, P5P and Zinc solution. What can i expect, losing faith in all of this.

Serious other question, I want a transplant, but is it even worth it without finasteride, would zix be enough?
You’ve probably been ignored by most users because you can’t read.
Yeah, I have that happen no matter what. Comb my hair, shower, put min in.
Did you even bother to read this?
Serious other question, I want a transplant, but is it even worth it without finasteride
Just take finasteride. It will have the reverse effect on you and remove your current brain fog.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ve probably been ignored by most users because you can’t read.

Did you even bother to read this?

Just take finasteride. It will have the reverse effect on you and remove your current brain fog.
Your hilarious. I can read mate, don't worry about me.
Yes, I read it, but for me I may have a different situation then what other users experience... you know, peoples experiences might differ from person to person...

Underdog.

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm @Jeju @Danjellyman @whatevr @kidcurry96 @spring15

How do you guys get Zinc and Vitamin B6 to dissolve?

There’s always so much powder at the bottom of my solution, Thank You.
20220421_133646-cleaned-cleaned.jpg

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious question, does Zix go off (like expire), the smell when I opened my Zix bottle was nasty.

Additionally, does Zix or Microneedling cause shedding - shedding crazy amounts of hair right now its quite worrying.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Is zix beneficial if you are already taking finasteride ? I have head from some on here that it's a waste to take both .

Underdog.

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not the zinc sulfate and vitamin B6 as those are both water soluble. The powder at the bottom is most likely the fillers from the capsules.
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

I bought exactly the same ingredients/brands that @worm suggested and got this mixture.

Does Zix look the same when you guys make it? (Yellowish solution with powder at the bottom).
Zix.jpg

Buy B6 powder.
That’s ideal, but since it’s my first time I wanted to copy the recipe exactly, and had to go with B6 capsules (Brand Pure Encapsulations) as worm suggested.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

I bought exactly the same ingredients/brands that @worm suggested and got this mixture.

Does Zix look the same when you guys make it? (Yellowish solution with powder at the bottom).
View attachment 179439

That’s ideal, but since it’s my first time I wanted to copy the recipe exactly, and had to go with B6 capsules (Brand Pure Encapsulations) as worm suggested.
Yes

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 179439

looks right to me. Simply shake it up before you suck it into your dropper.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update since adding dermarolling (1mm) to my regimen.

Ive been on zix 16 years or something maybe 17 years (im losing track)
Started minoxidil just under 2 years ago
Have been dermarolling for 3 months - which started with .5mm first week or two, eventually went to 1mm and I became a bit less delicate opting for a little more pressure and passes (but never drawing blood). So maybe i may more like 2.5 months, from the point i went to 1mm and was pushing harder.

I have also been applying minoxidil directly after my dermarolling session, probably started that 5 weeks or so into this experiment. I do notice I feel little woozy for a couple hours, but otherwise im fine. I do think this helps with results.

I did note some improvements early on such as better density perhaps less shedding, then it seemed things slowed up until 2-3 weeks ago. I am noticing darker hairs appearing from my teenage hairline. They are sporadic and some I think have just thickened significantly but were likely previously there. I do think there are more hairs along the hairline and I do feel like its filling in. overally coverage is much better too.

I am in my mid 40's so maybe I am chasing rainbows by seeking a solution to lower my hairline, I guess time will tell. I think this experiment may take closer to 9 or 12 months before I can truly evaluate its effect. I am looking forward 1) to enjoying the summer, but 2) seeing where I am at after 6 months.