My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update since adding dermarolling (1mm) to my regimen.

Ive been on zix 16 years or something maybe 17 years (im losing track)
Started minoxidil just under 2 years ago
Have been dermarolling for 3 months - which started with .5mm first week or two, eventually went to 1mm and I became a bit less delicate opting for a little more pressure and passes (but never drawing blood). So maybe i may more like 2.5 months, from the point i went to 1mm and was pushing harder.

I have also been applying minoxidil directly after my dermarolling session, probably started that 5 weeks or so into this experiment. I do notice I feel little woozy for a couple hours, but otherwise im fine. I do think this helps with results.

I did note some improvements early on such as better density perhaps less shedding, then it seemed things slowed up until 2-3 weeks ago. I am noticing darker hairs appearing from my teenage hairline. They are sporadic and some I think have just thickened significantly but were likely previously there. I do think there are more hairs along the hairline and I do feel like its filling in. overally coverage is much better too.

I am in my mid 40's so maybe I am chasing rainbows by seeking a solution to lower my hairline, I guess time will tell. I think this experiment may take closer to 9 or 12 months before I can truly evaluate its effect. I am looking forward 1) to enjoying the summer, but 2) seeing where I am at after 6 months.
Don't give up . I am almost 70 an I am getting great results with neediling and minoxidil .

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey that's excellent news. What has been your regimen and what results are you getting?
I needle once a week at 1.5 mm ,minoxidil liquid two times a day , minoxidil oral 10 mg , 1mg finasteride , zix , 2% ketoconazole shampoo 3 tims a week and MSM 10.000 mgs a day .

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I needle once a week at 1.5 mm ,minoxidil liquid two times a day , minoxidil oral 10 mg , 1mg finasteride , zix , and MSM 10.000 mgs a day

downlo.jpg

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice.....How long have you been doing all that for?

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also been applying minoxidil directly after my dermarolling session, probably started that 5 weeks or so into this experiment. I do notice I feel little woozy for a couple hours, but otherwise im fine. I do think this helps with results.
I apply minoxidil within an hour after micro needling and also feel somewhat woozy for next couple hours. But improvement was obvious. And additionally got even thicker eyebrows, beard and body hair.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I needle once a week at 1.5 mm ,minoxidil liquid two times a day , minoxidil oral 10 mg , 1mg finasteride , zix , 2% ketoconazole shampoo 3 tims a week and MSM 10.000 mgs a day .
Ok wow. If you tolerate finasteride then good for you. You're certainly throwing everything you can at your male pattern baldness. I may move up to 1.5mm.

What gains have you seen? Also, after how long are you supposed to change use a new dermaroller ?

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok wow. If you tolerate finasteride then good for you. You're certainly throwing everything you can at your male pattern baldness. I may move up to 1.5mm.

What gains have you seen? Also, after how long are you supposed to change use a new dermaroller ?
I have a full hairline and much fuller back to the crown . The crown is stll thin but is filling in moer every day . I use a stamp and a derapin on the crown once a week and change about every 4 monhs .

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, another update. This time unfortunately breaking some bad news. So my stomach issues are persisting, my blood tests are showing some abnormalities in my zinc and copper ratio, but they’re unclear to me and my doctor here in france hasn’t been very helpful in his interpretations. I’d advise anyone creating the solution to not go beyond 3 capsules/60ml. I was using 8 capsules/60ml for the first 2 months and began having severe stomach issues which I thought at first stemmed from a stomach virus. As I said previously, I lowered the dosage to 1 capsule/60ml to see if I could ameliorate my symptoms but that didn’t help. Using that high a dose seems to have disrupted my body’s ability to process zinc. My symptoms now are numbness and tingling in hands and feet, infrequent headaches, infrequent eye pain, indigestion, stomach cramps (although eating phytate rich food has helped to bind zinc excess zinc and stopped most of my stomach issues). I’m continuing to use the zinc at 1 capsule/60ml but the itch has returned and I’m losing ground again rapidly. Soon I’ll be looking into booking an appointment with a neurologist to see if he can discover why zinc is causing these unusual nerve symptoms. Feeling disheartened obviously, but still determined to discover if it’s possible to tolerate zinc in way that proves fruitful for results.

note: if you’re using a dose above 3mg in strong alcohol solution I’d advice limiting it at 3 to avoid unbalancing your zinc copper ratio. Otherwise I wouldn’t worry, personally I think I’ve just been unfortunate and that most wouldn’t experience my particular intolerability to zinc. I’m still of the opinion that zinc is extremely effective when used in a strong alcohol solution for treating hairloss.

Underdog.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excess amounts of zinc is known to cause copper deficiency, and may be the reason for some of those symptoms.

Couldn't you just take a copper supplement to offset the imbalance?

MrLondon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, just found this great thread! This Zix formula sounds amazing. I see a lot of people have tried it and working wonders for them! I been suffering with bad itch for about 6 months. I even stopped applying my topical Minoxidil/Finasteride. The itching is a bit better finally, been using a zinc pyrithione shampoo and have felt happy enough restart applying topical Min/finasteride this week. Having stopped using it for the last 5 months, it has killed my gains, shedded my hairline and crown is quite visible now. I will now look into this great Zix formula see if that can help me even more. I think this thread has had a very positive response. Thanks for OP for posting and sharing his story.

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excess amounts of zinc is known to cause copper deficiency, and may be the reason for some of those symptoms.

Couldn't you just take a copper supplement to offset the imbalance?
I was and still am, although recently I’ll increased the copper dosage from .3mg to 2mg daily. I think it may be helping but either way my blood test results didn’t report any deficiency so that’s why I’m confused. There is an imbalance in the ratio between copper and zinc but other than that I’m not deficient.

feelsbad

Reaction score
Alright, another update. This time unfortunately breaking some bad news. So my stomach issues are persisting, my blood tests are showing some abnormalities in my zinc and copper ratio, but they’re unclear to me and my doctor here in france hasn’t been very helpful in his interpretations. I’d advise anyone creating the solution to not go beyond 3 capsules/60ml. I was using 8 capsules/60ml for the first 2 months and began having severe stomach issues which I thought at first stemmed from a stomach virus. As I said previously, I lowered the dosage to 1 capsule/60ml to see if I could ameliorate my symptoms but that didn’t help. Using that high a dose seems to have disrupted my body’s ability to process zinc. My symptoms now are numbness and tingling in hands and feet, infrequent headaches, infrequent eye pain, indigestion, stomach cramps (although eating phytate rich food has helped to bind zinc excess zinc and stopped most of my stomach issues). I’m continuing to use the zinc at 1 capsule/60ml but the itch has returned and I’m losing ground again rapidly. Soon I’ll be looking into booking an appointment with a neurologist to see if he can discover why zinc is causing these unusual nerve symptoms. Feeling disheartened obviously, but still determined to discover if it’s possible to tolerate zinc in way that proves fruitful for results.

note: if you’re using a dose above 3mg in strong alcohol solution I’d advice limiting it at 3 to avoid unbalancing your zinc copper ratio. Otherwise I wouldn’t worry, personally I think I’ve just been unfortunate and that most wouldn’t experience my particular intolerability to zinc. I’m still of the opinion that zinc is extremely effective when used in a strong alcohol solution for treating hairloss.
Are you using the B6 as well? Stomach pain and peripheral neuropathy (numbness/tingling in arms or legs) are symptoms of B6 overdose

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@300 thanks for the bump man. I was just reading over my previous comments and it seems I used zix for about 5 months! I didn’t realized it was that long. I quit using it back in September after having a shed(from what I just read) and had some very nice regrowth in November - January, but felt it was due to tocotrienols alone. I’ve been shedding since January. Is it actually possible that zix was responsible for this!? I’ll start again tonight and see how things are at the end of the year.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry to hear. The zinc in the formula adds up to about 5-6 days out of the month of daily zinc. To say it's all being absorbed topically seems unlikely.

I've been using zix for almost 17 years now and I often take 25-50mg zinc supplements , daily for years now bow only 2-3x per week with no copper. Certainly have experienced those sides.

Not saying you're not experiencing them however given my long term use I am
Surprised you're having that much sides from it.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. The zinc in the formula adds up to about 5-6 days out of the month of daily zinc. To say it's all being absorbed topically seems unlikely.

I've been using zix for almost 17 years now and I often take 25-50mg zinc supplements , daily for years now bow only 2-3x per week with no copper. Certainly have experienced those sides.

Not saying you're not experiencing them however given my long term use I am
Surprised you're having that much sides from it.
How long did you use finasteride for out of those 17 years and why did you stop?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I dropped Minoxidil for Zix , my crowns always been near perfect however over the last 4 months noticeable thinning - jumping back on minoxidil for my crown , will use Zix for my hairline still. Still microneedling once a week

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I dropped Minoxidil for Zix , my crowns always been near perfect however over the last 4 months noticeable thinning - jumping back on minoxidil for my crown , will use Zix for my hairline still. Still microneedling once a week
Zix is a joke. Get on propecia instead of Messing with anecdotal home made topicals hahha.