My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of it myself, 2 weeks in, mixing it as well with Ostrigrow which is a DHT blocker, am I just kidding myself.

Also, is Finasteride that bad, like I see reports and it terrifies me, genuinely.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like this question is obvious - but if this really was effective, wouldn't someone package this and sell it? Not a bunch of guys on a forum crafting it in their kitchen. I don't mean this in a negative sense more genuine curiosity.

Most hair loss products don't really work, yet they're still being sold, so I think this should hardly be a yardstick for any kind of effectiveness, if we're going to be honest.

DraterToggaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of it myself, 2 weeks in, mixing it as well with Ostrigrow which is a DHT blocker, am I just kidding myself.

Also, is Finasteride that bad, like I see reports and it terrifies me, genuinely.
you can try topical at a very low dose to see how you react, but ultimately it's your choice. depends how much your hair matters to you and what you are willing to sacrifice

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you can try topical at a very low dose to see how you react, but ultimately it's your choice. depends how much your hair matters to you and what you are willing to sacrifice
Topical finasteride?

I tried finasteride in pills 4 years ago, after a week in the office I had some weird anxiety attack (didn't even know it had side effects, so wasn't placebo), came home and looked up the side effects of Finasteride and was shocked. Never touched it since.

Bought Topical and everything and it just sits there on my shelf.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm two months in after adding dermarolling to my scalp. As many of you know I added minoxidil in August 2020, and have been using zix for 16 years. I think the dermarolling is having a serious effect, still early, but I have a bunch of hairs on my old hairline. Many seem mature which leads me to believe the rolling helped me not shed them. They are sporadic, so i find it looks odd. I think my hairline will continue to steadily fill in but I'm not sure I'll get a ton of regrowth due to my age. I hope to regain a few years though. I think by 6 months I'll have a much better idea, but I do remain optimistic as two months is only the beginning of when I'll see results. Otherwise hair generally seems thicker. I dermaroll once a week with 1mm, and two weeks ago i stopped waiting a day to apply tropicals - i apply immediately.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, do you not think that it's moostly the minoxidil doing the heavy lifting as opposed to dermarolling?

I had massive sides (palpitations with minoxidil) which sucks.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, do you not think that it's moostly the minoxidil doing the heavy lifting as opposed to dermarolling?

I had massive sides (palpitations with minoxidil) which sucks.

not sure. I was using minoxidil for 1.5 years prior to dermarolling, so I am not sure if it's additional absorption (which I suspect) or wounding which is causing the improvement. Either way I am happy to report improvements.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Zix this week: 15ml Ethyl Alcohol, 45ml Distilled water, 3x 220 Zinc and 2 50 B6.

I apply this in the morning all over the top of my scalp with a dropper.

At night i use a minoxidil mixture i got from Murry Avenue Pharmacy (some folks talk about this spot on here, i happen to live/work a few miles from it so figured what the heck). Min mix is 5% + 5% Azelaic Acid, 0.25% Progosteron, 0.025% Tretinoin, 0.1% Hydrocortisone.

I'm also using some supplements - none of which seem to have much benefit. Things like Nutrafol (i wouldn't recommend) and then Bs, Ds, Zinc. I just started MSM - 7000 and 3000 Vitamin C.

I massage a fair amount after min application. I Derm roll once per week on Sundays.

Shampoos: 1 time weekly Head and Shoulders - rest of the week is an organic peppermint based shampoo that i found has the most bang for settling down my itch.

At this point i'm going to give Zix a few months but I still have a lot of itch. It does settle right after i apply but in a few hours it's back pretty much to where it was. I also have pretty bad shedding still which has been consistent for about 5-6 years. I've lost some fair amount of ground but was starting from a great position with loads of hair so the hairline is still in tact fairly well. Past 2 years or so took a bit of a hit on the sides and it's def moving back.

Blood work only indicates some issues with glucose/A1c - pre diabetic levels. Other than that no deficiencies.

Next step if I'm not satisfied is a topical finasteride. I've been putting it off for so long but might be the way to go. I'm almost 35 want to keep my hair in good/great shape for some more time!

Would love the shedding/itching to stop. Only thing i haven't tried for that is finasteride.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Zix this week: 15ml Ethyl Alcohol, 45ml Distilled water, 3x 220 Zinc and 2 50 B6.

I apply this in the morning all over the top of my scalp with a dropper.

At night i use a minoxidil mixture i got from Murry Avenue Pharmacy (some folks talk about this spot on here, i happen to live/work a few miles from it so figured what the heck). Min mix is 5% + 5% Azelaic Acid, 0.25% Progosteron, 0.025% Tretinoin, 0.1% Hydrocortisone.

I'm also using some supplements - none of which seem to have much benefit. Things like Nutrafol (i wouldn't recommend) and then Bs, Ds, Zinc. I just started MSM - 7000 and 3000 Vitamin C.

I massage a fair amount after min application. I Derm roll once per week on Sundays.

Shampoos: 1 time weekly Head and Shoulders - rest of the week is an organic peppermint based shampoo that i found has the most bang for settling down my itch.

At this point i'm going to give Zix a few months but I still have a lot of itch. It does settle right after i apply but in a few hours it's back pretty much to where it was. I also have pretty bad shedding still which has been consistent for about 5-6 years. I've lost some fair amount of ground but was starting from a great position with loads of hair so the hairline is still in tact fairly well. Past 2 years or so took a bit of a hit on the sides and it's def moving back.

Blood work only indicates some issues with glucose/A1c - pre diabetic levels. Other than that no deficiencies.

Next step if I'm not satisfied is a topical finasteride. I've been putting it off for so long but might be the way to go. I'm almost 35 want to keep my hair in good/great shape for some more time!

Would love the shedding/itching to stop. Only thing i haven't tried for that is finasteride.
Topical finasteride still goes systematic, trust me, the whole point of zix is to avoid finasteride, topical finasteride will still screw you.

That formula with Zix including Ethyl alcohol and P5P, does that need to be refridgerated?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride still goes systematic, trust me, the whole point of zix is to avoid finasteride, topical finasteride will still screw you.

That formula with Zix including Ethyl alcohol and P5P, does that need to be refridgerated?
I’m aware I can still get sides from topical finasteride but I’m certainly not opposed to trying if the results are potentially significant. Giving this a try first. It’s all about risk / benefit / how much you value your hair and your appearance. I’m certainly not an anti finasteride kind of person - especially because I haven’t ever tried it!

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I value my hair so much its depressing me, genuinely. Surely, a hair transplant is fine in the future without finasteride, many people and thousands of people get a hair transplant without taking finasteride or even knowing about it.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I value my hair so much its depressing me, genuinely. Surely, a hair transplant is fine in the future without finasteride, many people and thousands of people get a hair transplant without taking finasteride or even knowing about it.
Have you ever tried finasteride? What’s the big fear? Loads of people seem fine with it? I worry about having children but not sure if that’s on the horizon

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it, didnt even know about sides, went to a center, got given it, took it without even researching it. Went to work, at work felt so anxious had anxiety attack, felt weak, and didnt sleep (insomnia)... all within two weeks

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it, didnt even know about sides, went to a center, got given it, took it without even researching it. Went to work, at work felt so anxious had anxiety attack, felt weak, and didnt sleep (insomnia)... all within two weeks
Yeah you could try zix. If that doesn’t work there’s the .025 percent topical I imagine that’s going to be easy on your system

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm or anyone else for that matter. I know the point of Zix is to avoid finasteride but has anyone tried combining the two. I'm considering LOW dose topical finasteride at the .025 topical. I've been on Zix for 2 weeks and started min about 90 days ago. Still clumps of hair after the shower and strands throughout the day coming out. The Zix might be helping settle down my scalp though, it feels a bit better but still shedding crazy and itching a good bit. Wondering if the Min i started 2-3 months ago is creating a shed.

Thoughts on Zix with .025 top finasteride?

Davok

Reaction score
If you store this in the fridge and someone asks you what it is what do you tell them?

I live away from my family, and when I went to visit them I left the bottle behind. It is a discreet small bottle but I think I'll be asked what it is. I could just play dumb and say I have no idea etc. But what would you say?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm or anyone else for that matter. I know the point of Zix is to avoid finasteride but has anyone tried combining the two. I'm considering LOW dose topical finasteride at the .025 topical. I've been on Zix for 2 weeks and started min about 90 days ago. Still clumps of hair after the shower and strands throughout the day coming out. The Zix might be helping settle down my scalp though, it feels a bit better but still shedding crazy and itching a good bit. Wondering if the Min i started 2-3 months ago is creating a shed.

Thoughts on Zix with .025 top finasteride?
I’m pretty sure anyone using zix isn’t taking finasteride. Even at 0.25mg oral I was ruined for a while. Happy to be healthy again.