My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

theegoodin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am extremely receptive and grateful for this post. I am 29 and have mild ED from past p**rn addiction and have been worried about finasteride side effects.

this might be an answer!

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am extremely receptive and grateful for this post. I am 29 and have mild ED from past p**rn addiction and have been worried about finasteride side effects.

this might be an answer!
Let us know how it goes after 3-6 months of Zix. I believe that is how long it will take to see if it works for you.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to give this a try. Does anyone know if it matters if the ethyl alcohol is denatured or not?

edit: read through some of the earlier pages, seems to be OK. It's not used in the original formula at all anyway

Last edited:

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Going to give this a try. Does anyone know if it matters if the ethyl alcohol is denatured or not?

edit: read through some of the earlier pages, seems to be OK. It's not used in the original formula at all anyway

If you buy the bottle of denatured ethyl alcohol from the pharmacy, check the back and it will say not to use longer than 1 week. I don't think its safe to use long term.

Just buy a bottle of Everclear for $20, it should last you for several years.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how @worm is doing
Hey, decided to log on after a long hiatus. Im in full time work mode, and 3 kids under 5. It's a busy time in my life. I am about to turn 45 this year.

On the hair front, things are holding up well. I think im receding slightly still, but man I am outlasting so many men who started with full heads of hair 5-7 years ago, and this is considering I started losing some 26 years ago when I was 19. My hair is thicker than it was 2 and even 5 years ago since I added minoxidil daily. Im going on 2 years this upcoming june, and it is possible I dont see the same thickness as I once did. It could be the winter is dryer and I understand sheds more, and thickens up in Spring. That said I am tempted to add microneedling to my regimen.

Does anyone have any experience with dermarolling? I dont want to go too deep, may .5mm or so. What is the current consensus on it? is it hype? Does it last? Anyone else rolling?

Midhairshock

My Regimen
Reaction score
I m humbled by this thread i hve been reading this for last 2 years now. Worm please accept my gratitude for the help you are providing.
Kindly tell me whether i can use this Zinc sulphate on amazon, as i m unable to find the one suggested in the thread. I m not an expert in chemical compounds neither can guess.
Screenshot_20220128-190223_Amazon.jpg
Screenshot_20220128-190243_Amazon.jpg
Screenshot_20220128-190223_Amazon.jpg

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man long time no see. Great to hear your hair is holding up with minoxidil alone and yes needling definitely helps, check this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-728#post-2049347

Best to needle around 1mm depth and max 1x/week or better 1x/10 days imo. If you only want maintenance you can get away with needling just once every 2-3 weeks I believe.

minoxidil/needling combo is great, still won't help everyone though but it's by far one if not the best regimen for regrowth. Also check the guy from OP in the thread I shared, he's doing ONLY minoxidil/needling and gave an update recently, he's still going strong after 4 years and doesn't use any anti androgen.

Also some studies suggesting results also lasting much longer thanks to needling. Worth to read the last 100 pages of the thread imo, many success stories with pictures.
Unless I am misunderstanding, worm is on Zix and min both

Last edited:

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone applying minoxidil / zix simultaneously? I've dropped minoxidil probably foolishly when starting zix

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, decided to log on after a long hiatus. Im in full time work mode, and 3 kids under 5. It's a busy time in my life. I am about to turn 45 this year.

On the hair front, things are holding up well. I think im receding slightly still, but man I am outlasting so many men who started with full heads of hair 5-7 years ago, and this is considering I started losing some 26 years ago when I was 19. My hair is thicker than it was 2 and even 5 years ago since I added minoxidil daily. Im going on 2 years this upcoming june, and it is possible I dont see the same thickness as I once did. It could be the winter is dryer and I understand sheds more, and thickens up in Spring. That said I am tempted to add microneedling to my regimen.

Does anyone have any experience with dermarolling? I dont want to go too deep, may .5mm or so. What is the current consensus on it? is it hype? Does it last? Anyone else rolling?
Still on zix as well right? Zix and min both?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man long time no see. Great to hear your hair is holding up with minoxidil alone and yes needling definitely helps, check this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-728#post-2049347

Best to needle around 1mm depth and max 1x/week or better 1x/10 days imo. If you only want maintenance you can get away with needling just once every 2-3 weeks I believe.

minoxidil/needling combo is great, still won't help everyone though but it's by far one if not the best regimen for regrowth. Also check the guy from OP in the thread I shared, he's doing ONLY minoxidil/needling and gave an update recently, he's still going strong after 4 years and doesn't use any anti androgen.

Also some studies suggesting results also lasting much longer thanks to needling. Worth to read the last 100 pages of the thread imo, many success stories with pictures.

Sorry for the confusion folks. I am using Zix 1x a day religiously and have been for 16 years.

Almost 2 years ago, I also added minoxidil. The combination of zix and minoxidil have been much better than zix alone.

I plan on trying dermarolling as well. I am a little wary and want to take it slow to start as I dont want to do damage. I also want to see if I can reduce some wrinkles on my forehead. Any advice is appreciate on how to use it - for example I think they say not to go too hard, and do not draw blood.

_N_

My Regimen
Reaction score
This must have been asked before but my searching has failed -
Can you dissolve the zinc in Kirkland liquid minoxidil?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update. I started dermarolling - Ive done 2 sessions. The first I used .5mm and delicately rolled my forehead lines, but also my temples into the hairline and a bit of the crown area. Yesterday (a week later) I used 1mm for the temples, hairline and generally all over the male pattern baldness areas. I certainly felt it more, but it didnt hurt as such. I will dermaroll once a week which i understand is the protocol. Im hoping after 4 weeks (3 weeks from now) I will see some encouraging results, but I think 12 weeks, from what I see may be the time i need to wait. Certainly being in my 40's and because my balding started 25 years ago i dont think help my cause. That said the addition of minoxidil to my zix regime 2 years ago has given me noticeable boost in density. I just want much more density and much of my hairline back which I hope dermarolling will gift me. Time will tell.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My suspicion with dermarolling is it allows for more penetration. That's why it works so effectively. I think I am experiencing mild symptoms of getting more minoxidil and maybe even zix. It reminds me slightly of when I started minoxidil. I think it'll subside. Needless to say I get good results with minoxidil and had applied a super charged minoxidil brew I'm the past and had phenomenal results in my later twenties. I am optimistic I'll be able to regrow some hairline, time will tell though. I am confident by using zix I'll retain my gains or better yet not lose my progress. I have 10 weeks to go before I think I'll see any significant progress.