My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

GabberHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently my 60ml of zix contains 2 caps of zinc 2 caps of B6 and 1 cap of arginine. On my scalp I apply only zix and Rogaine foam.
Are you also using 220mg zinc caps? How long have you been using zix?

Yeah zix really fixes itchy scalp.
Yes. I also get acne on my head which doesn't really happen anymore on the area I apply zix.

I will start using ARV-110 in a month or two, and some time later WAY when it arrives, but I will keep using my zix because I really think it helps. I'm also curious to see if I'll see some more changes since I increased the concentration of zinc by 8 times.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks, how do you apply zix on more or less long hair? do you use spray?

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, not really posting all that much any longer, but want to check in.

All still well. I have noticed that after 4 weeks after brewing a batch it seems to go bad and I start to shed a little more. It generally takes a few days for shedding to resume, so I would suggest refressing your batch every 3 weeks. I think I may start making half batches to avoid this. Anyhow just wanted to point this out.

Otherwise I passed the 1 year mark after adding minoxidil along with daily use of zix. Quite satisfied with the results. my hair is darker and thicker, and no sign of thinning - which is some pretty good gains imo. I cant say my hairline has regrown though, I thought things were improving on the hairline but I cant say so. I can say that with the increased density though, my recessed hairline seems stronger/denser and I feel much better about it.

As an fyi, I have decided after not messing with my formula for 5 years to add 3 tabs of ceterizine. My rationale is it's an anti histamine, I experience some form of allergy (sinus, and on my scalp when not on zix) more or less constantly. So I thought it could help. I realize in the end any gains most reported basically vanished. I guess I just figure with zix and minoxidil, it could possibly enhance it. I am also aware it could cause shedding again. Anyhow, im one week in and I think so far so good. Hard to tell what the outcome will be, but will keep you all updated over the next few months.

Sorry to not be posting much, but i have young kids and life is busy. Hope you're all well and benefiting from zix.
Could you please share your experience with cetirizine? Does it improve Zix formula?

thekingofbomp

My Regimen
Reaction score
How to use zix with minoxidil? Rn i am applying zix around 9pm and applying minoxidil at 11pm. Is this good? I heard that zix can cancel minoxidil. Is it better to use minoxidil first?

vandun3

My Regimen
Reaction score
How to use zix with minoxidil? Rn i am applying zix around 9pm and applying minoxidil at 11pm. Is this good? I heard that zix can cancel minoxidil. Is it better to use minoxidil first?
i would apply min first and then zix. zix is more of a therapeutic treatment while min is an active compound, plus min absorbs/dries faster. so u can put on min and then 30 minutes later apply zix

dont worry about them interacting on your scalp, just keep them in separate bottles

vandun3

My Regimen
Reaction score
dont know if this has been posted but i've heard some complain abt it so i wanted to clear some stuff up

the white residue you see in zix is RICE FLOUR, not zinc sulfate
within 30 seconds of mixing all the zinc sulfate is dissolved(it doesn't take days as some here have claimed)
you can then filter the rice flour out using a coffee filter

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats the theory on why zix doesnt appear to cause side effects? The zinc and p5p have to both be present and once its in the blood stream, they are diluted and won't have the same effect?

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really interesting, thank you for the thread and info here. I would like to try it out too maybe... I will also get some interesting meds from eDrugStore.com which I hope will help me with my hair...

Last edited:

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have mixed results after 8 months. Some vellus hairs along my temples are growing longer, and there are a handful of new hairs. But they are still thin and wispy so it's not a big cosmetic difference. In the middle of my hairline, at the forlock, I am actually below baseline. Also, for a few years I've had an itchy scalp which is gone now, it starts to come back when I don't apply it for a few days. Not sure if it's related to Androgenetic Alopecia though.

For most of the time I was using just one 220mg zinc capsule in 120ml. Since this month I am making smaller batches of 60ml with 4 capsules, and I added 400mg arginine

Are you able to fully dissolve arginine?

rcom440

Reaction score
I’ve been on zix for around 2 years and what I noticed is that exact proportion of zix formula is not that important. Im usually mixing 60ml of distilled water, two capsules of 220mg zinc suflate and around .5ml to 1ml ethyl. I could use more or les ethyl, zinc suflate or distilled water and it will still work for me. I noticed more zinc sulfate is necessary better.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on zix for around 2 years and what I noticed is that exact proportion of zix formula is not that important. Im usually mixing 60ml of distilled water, two capsules of 220mg zinc suflate and around .5ml to 1ml ethyl. I could use more or les ethyl, zinc suflate or distilled water and it will still work for me. I noticed more zinc sulfate is necessary better.
vitamin b6?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

has it worked for you

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got my hair checked out by derm

maintaining for the most part

crown
Forelock
vertex

Is all fine

Lost a couple of hairs on my left hairline , but regrowth on the right. I am applying a lot more Zix on my right side than my left. Last time I applied less Zix on right hair line , lost small hairs on the right side - that have now since regrown

will increase my Zix application and see what happens

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got my hair checked out by derm

maintaining for the most part

crown
Forelock
vertex

Is all fine

Lost a couple of hairs on my left hairline , but regrowth on the right. I am applying a lot more Zix on my right side than my left. Last time I did this , lost small hairs on the right side, that have now since regrown

will increase my Zix application and see what happens
If my hair loss ever comes back I will use zix to maintain what I have