My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
My suspicion with dermarolling is it allows for more penetration. That's why it works so effectively. I think I am experiencing mild symptoms of getting more minoxidil and maybe even zix. It reminds me slightly of when I started minoxidil. I think it'll subside. Needless to say I get good results with minoxidil and had applied a super charged minoxidil brew I'm the past and had phenomenal results in my later twenties. I am optimistic I'll be able to regrow some hairline, time will tell though. I am confident by using zix I'll retain my gains or better yet not lose my progress. I have 10 weeks to go before I think I'll see any significant progress.
I have been thinking of adding a few drops of DMSO to my minoxidil on needling days . If needling helps with penetration why not ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been thinking of adding a few drops of DMSO to my minoxidil on needling days . If needling helps with penetration why not ?

I have done this and strongly recommend against it. I developed a number of issues as a result of adding dmso. While I had more absorption, I had heart palpitations/discomfort, anxiety, general cognitive problems and my vision get messed up. I think I got over them over a couple years after stopping, but cant say im 100% for sure. Please stick to dermarolling for your own safety.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have done this and strongly recommend against it. I developed a number of issues as a result of adding dmso. While I had more absorption, I had heart palpitations/discomfort, anxiety, general cognitive problems and my vision get messed up. I think I got over them over a couple years after stopping, but cant say im 100% for sure. Please stick to dermarolling for your own safety.
But is it any different than taking oral miox ? Many here are taking that including me with out any problems an getting good results .

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
But is it any different than taking oral miox ? Many here are taking that including me with out any problems an getting good results .

Dmso will mess you up. I cannot emphasize enough how it had major health implications for me. There used to be someone who suggested it. His presence online completely vanished. I suspect it's due to some major lawsuit he exposed himself to. Dmso is dangerous.

Reactions: 300

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Dmso will mess you up. I cannot emphasize enough how it had major health implications for me. There used to be someone who suggested it. His presence online completely vanished. I suspect it's due to some major lawsuit he exposed himself to. Dmso is dangerous.
Okay ! Thanks for your answer .

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's 3 weeks into dermarolling and I'm about to do my 4th roll on Thursday. I feel like I was seeing similar results as when I first added minoxidil to my daily routine, and rediculous to say I may be seeing results already, but I find I'm seeing more density. I'm optimistic I'll see some pretty good gains with this addition by minth 3 and 4. So zix, minoxidil and dermarolling, stay tuned.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's 3 weeks into dermarolling and I'm about to do my 4th roll on Thursday. I feel like I was seeing similar results as when I first added minoxidil to my daily routine, and rediculous to say I may be seeing results already, but I find I'm seeing more density. I'm optimistic I'll see some pretty good gains with this addition by minth 3 and 4. So zix, minoxidil and dermarolling, stay tuned.
Have you ever posted pictures of your hair?

UglyandPoor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I really want to try Zix. Sadly I don't live in USA, Canada or any other decent european country so I would have to import the ingredients from Amazon, could anyone post links here for what to buy.
Thanks to anyone who can help

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
So another testimonial here. Started using zinc topically roughly a month and a half ago. Before using it, my hair count in the shower was 50, now it’s decreased to between 5 and 10. I was suffering from inflammation as well as androgenic alopecia. I found this thread after having used literally all treatments (finasteride, min, dutasteride, ru, fluridil). This is working better than all of them. I dropped the last treatment I was using (topical dutasteride) after zinc obliterated the infamous dht itch. I decided to create my own more simplistic formula by dramatically upping the dosage of zinc and using a 70/30 mix of isopropyl alcohol and propylene glycol as the medium for absorption of zinc. The water and b6 isn’t necessary imo, and a higher concentration of zinc may also prove beneficial. I’m using the heptahydrate version as mentioned originally. I think the reason zinc works so well is because of its wound healing properties.

This lead me to questioning why zinc couldn’t just be boosted via diet and have the same effect. Then I came across a study revealing the difficulty our systems have uptaking zinc, leading me to think that if zinc is a nuisance in the circulatory system, maybe this is one of the reasons it doesn’t go to our scalps… From what I understand, dht aggravates hair follicles and so much inflammation occurs as a result. When you dump plenty of zinc on affected areas, all the inflammation significantly diminishes, thereby offsetting the bulk of hairloss.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So another testimonial here. Started using zinc topically roughly a month and a half ago. Before using it, my hair count in the shower was 50, now it’s decreased to between 5 and 10. I was suffering from inflammation as well as androgenic alopecia. I found this thread after having used literally all treatments (finasteride, min, dutasteride, ru, fluridil). This is working better than all of them. I dropped the last treatment I was using (topical dutasteride) after zinc obliterated the infamous dht itch. I decided to create my own more simplistic formula by dramatically upping the dosage of zinc and using a 70/30 mix of isopropyl alcohol and propylene glycol as the medium for absorption of zinc. The water and b6 isn’t necessary imo, and a higher concentration of zinc may also prove beneficial. I’m using the heptahydrate version as mentioned originally. I think the reason zinc works so well is because of its wound healing properties.

This lead me to questioning why zinc couldn’t just be boosted via diet and have the same effect. Then I came across a study revealing the difficulty our systems have uptaking zinc, leading me to think that if zinc is a nuisance in the circulatory system, maybe this is one of the reasons it doesn’t go to our scalps… From what I understand, dht aggravates hair follicles and so much inflammation occurs as a result. When you dump plenty of zinc on affected areas, all the inflammation significantly diminishes, thereby offsetting the bulk of hairloss.
Very nice to see that zinc without b6 works and saw similares stories around the internet

I will try that too using just zinc sulfate and alcohol tonight, zix worked very well for me when used last year but I was tired to have a yellow scalp made look like a Simpson because of the B6

Thanks very much for your feedback

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad you've noticed a reduction in shedding, I'm 6 weeks in & still shedding excessively. Note I was just using distilled water without the eth alcohol, have added that in

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever posted pictures of your hair?
Yes twice. I'll give a update in a month or two. I really think this dernarolling is working, albeit it's only been 4 weeks.

Hello everyone, I really want to try Zix. Sadly I don't live in USA, Canada or any other decent european country so I would have to import the ingredients from Amazon, could anyone post links here for what to buy.
Thanks to anyone who can help

Pure encapsulations b6 p4p, try eBay in UK at least. Same with pluspharma zinc sulphate.

Thanks for the post. I tried zinc, it's certainly much better than nothing. I agree it's great for inflammation and probably helps you keep hair longer. I eventually started losing ground. Imo I think b6 p5p is a must as it reduces dht in scalp which i do not believe zinc alone does..

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm does the ethyl alcohol make a huge difference? For some reason I left it out the first month or so, then recently added it and my shedding has dramatically decreased. I noted you sometimes used distilled water without the ethyl though?

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes twice. I'll give a update in a month or two. I really think this dernarolling is working, albeit it's only been 4 weeks.

Pure encapsulations b6 p4p, try eBay in UK at least. Same with pluspharma zinc sulphate.

Thanks for the post. I tried zinc, it's certainly much better than nothing. I agree it's great for inflammation and probably helps you keep hair longer. I eventually started losing ground. Imo I think b6 p5p is a must as it reduces dht in scalp which i do not believe zinc alone does..
Interesting. After how many years did you start losing ground? And have you any studies or references to say that b6 is anti-dht?