My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also random question, has anyone notice hair thinning on SSRI's, might start them
Ssri’s don’t fix anything dude. I studied psych for my ba degree and trust me all your doing is using a legal drug to modify serotonin’s availability. It’s not a long term solution, you might feel better for a short time, but slowly your brain will be inured to the drug and it won’t be effective and you won’t be able to get off it. What’s worse is your problems will come back. Be strong and ask yourself why you feel down or anxious or whatever it is you’re feeling. Watch your thoughts attentively, and try to understand yourself. Get out in nature, eat way more fruit and vegetables, journal, anything but anchor yourself in these substances. I’ve seen what they do to peoples minds and it’s not pretty. Just because your psychiatrist says it’s ok don’t believe him or her. Be a light to yourself and find out how to go to the root of your problems.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ssri’s don’t fix anything dude. I studied psych for my ba degree and trust me all your doing is using a legal drug to modify serotonin’s availability. It’s not a long term solution, you might feel better for a short time, but slowly your brain will be inured to the drug and it won’t be effective and you won’t be able to get off it. What’s worse is your problems will come back. Be strong and ask yourself why you feel down or anxious or whatever it is you’re feeling. Watch your thoughts attentively, and try to understand yourself. Get out in nature, eat way more fruit and vegetables, journal, anything but anchor yourself in these substances. I’ve seen what they do to peoples minds and it’s not pretty. Just because your psychiatrist says it’s ok don’t believe him or her. Be a light to yourself and find out how to go to the root of your problems.
Maybe it was fate that I reached out to you today and found you on this forum. I put a reminder on my phone to try anti-depressants that were subscribed to me tomorrow but I really wanted to try and stay off it.
It's hard, I feel so anxious lately about everything and anything, things from my past even. So yeah - the doctor prescribed me this. What did you see - feel free to PM me, so as we can get off topic.

Will try Zinc, will do three capsues. You think alchohol is necessary in the solution?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how much zinc is going systemic? Need to supplement with copper.

Ironically studies have shown[1] that out of all the minerals tested, copper was the only one that actually inhibited 5AR2 whereas zinc and most others primarily inhibited 5AR1, so using lots of zinc without adequate copper is, at least on paper, even going to be counterproductive for hair loss, lol.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely right.

Btw SSRI's are just poison in general, like finasteride. Also check out PSSD, closely related to PFS.
Seriously, people have said that it's saved their lives (taking SSRI's)... surely it can help?

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really, many people have said SSRI's have saved their lives and that is what I was going off tbh. I have used them before and they helped I just dont want the sides, honestly. I feel like I really need help this time, my anxiety is totally out of control, im struggling here.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, people have said that it's saved their lives (taking SSRI's)... surely it can help?

My father has been on SSRI's for over 20 years, though he suffers depression. He claims they've helped subside his depression a lot. His libido is shot though - well I assume as he hasn't had a partner since I've been alive lol

I have a friend who also takes SSRI's, he's in a high stress 6 figure job and claims they make him feel like superman

I'd personally steer clear of them due to potential side effects if I were you. I have trouble sleeping and take quetiapine at the lowest dosage (25mg) when I need. Quick acting and there's major side effects. It will relax you

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father has been on SSRI's for over 20 years, though he suffers depression. He claims they've helped subside his depression a lot. His libido is shot though - well I assume as he hasn't had a partner since I've been alive lol

I have a friend who also takes SSRI's, he's in a high stress 6 figure job and claims they make him feel like superman

I'd personally steer clear of them due to potential side effects if I were you. I have trouble sleeping and take quetiapine at the lowest dosage (25mg) when I need. Quick acting and there's major side effects. It will relax you
It sounds like the two examples you gave of SRRI's have been positive though, I dont get it, your dad and friend literally have had both good experiences on it?
I dont know, i want to fix myself, i feel like sometimes its impossible to do it naturally. I took 20mg today, and feel light headed, but think I might stop it tomorrow, I dont know. I really dont. I want my sex life to stay the same.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like the two examples you gave of SRRI's have been positive though, I dont get it, your dad and friend literally have had both good experiences on it?
I dont know, i want to fix myself, i feel like sometimes its impossible to do it naturally. I took 20mg today, and feel light headed, but think I might stop it tomorrow, I dont know. I really dont. I want my sex life to stay the same.

That's just two people though. Erectile dysfunction is a common side effect taking it. Up to you though depends how dire your situation is. I agree what others are saying try figure out the root cause of why you're feeling how you are, then try make changes. Also good habits like exercise, proper sleep, diet etc.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just two people though. Erectile dysfunction is a common side effect taking it. Up to you though depends how dire your situation is. I agree what others are saying try figure out the root cause of why you're feeling how you are, then try make changes. Also good habits like exercise, proper sleep, diet etc.
Took it for one day, felt horrible, didnt sleep, not taking it agian. Sucks. Trying to fix it, any advice to naturally fix it?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is copper needed in this, 100%? Is Zix without copper not worth it?

Zix works (to the extent it's capable of working) without copper. If you're worried about potentially depleting copper in the long run (esp. if you don't eat copper-rich foods generally) then take it as a supplement. Otherwise, no need.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, sorry for my questions, Im going to make the Zix today. Just some immediate questions:

- Is it okay to do the solution without alcohol, will do that in my next batch.
- I am going to use this formula, http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm, is this correct, the original zix formula, with 3 Zinc Sulphate.
- Storage, does it need to be in fridge?
- Is it true I need to wait 48 hours before applying it?
- Anything else in particular you recommend for someone first doing this?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ironically studies have shown[1] that out of all the minerals tested, copper was the only one that actually inhibited 5AR2 whereas zinc and most others primarily inhibited 5AR1, so using lots of zinc without adequate copper is, at least on paper, even going to be counterproductive for hair loss, lol.
Interesting, I didn’t know that about copper. I would always supplement copper with zinc anyway. Same goes for D/Menaquinone-7

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SSRI’s are indeed bad for you. My sister prescribes them and warned me not to use them lol
I tried one anyway at a mega low dose. It helped. It’s just a temporary fix but can give you the energy to get doing things you like again. Then when you taper off you can get a natural serotonin boost from being back at the gym or rock climbing or whatever it is you enjoy doing.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SSRI’s are indeed bad for you. My sister prescribes them and warned me not to use them lol
I tried one anyway at a mega low dose. It helped. It’s just a temporary fix but can give you the energy to get doing things you like again. Then when you taper off you can get a natural serotonin boost from being back at the gym or rock climbing or whatever it is you enjoy doing.
Seriously, what does she say about them, why does she prescribe them if she is warning you about them? Why are so many people on them?
I use to take 10 mg of Citalopram, it helped me I think if I am honest but i tried them again and got side effects that I never had before.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She works on a secure unit. Her patients are real messed up I suppose. Personality disorders, schizoids etc. They need drugs. Lots of them. She said they’re bad news but I didn’t listen. I had some post finasteride anxiety and wanted to ease it. 10mg citalopram is exactly what I first used. It’s a good drug for anxiety in my opinion. I used it for a few months and tapered off with no problems. It worked well. No need to use more. About a year later I dated a crazy chick asian chick. Real hot but head butting walls like a triceratops. I went on lexapro 5mg which is apparently the same as 10mg citalopram but lexapro is more hardcore. I experience some mild brain zaps coming off that. I halved my dose to 2.5mg for most of the time. The doctor said it wouldn’t help but it did. You could use 5mg citalopram i reckon. Sides were mild at such a low dose. Slightly lower libido at 5mg, no problem at 2.5mg. Slight insomnia when you first use it but it goes away. Obviously it’s best to not take them but if you feel you can’t beat the anxiety with lifestyle changes, CBT, etc then try the drug for a little while. Stay on a low dose. Minimum dose or lower and always taper off.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She works on a secure unit. Her patients are real messed up I suppose. Personality disorders, schizoids etc. They need drugs. Lots of them. She said they’re bad news but I didn’t listen. I had some post finasteride anxiety and wanted to ease it. 10mg citalopram is exactly what I first used. It’s a good drug for anxiety in my opinion. I used it for a few months and tapered off with no problems. It worked well. No need to use more. About a year later I dated a crazy chick asian chick. Real hot but head butting walls like a triceratops. I went on lexapro 5mg which is apparently the same as 10mg citalopram but lexapro is more hardcore. I experience some mild brain zaps coming off that. I halved my dose to 2.5mg for most of the time. The doctor said it wouldn’t help but it did. You could use 5mg citalopram i reckon. Sides were mild at such a low dose. Slightly lower libido at 5mg, no problem at 2.5mg. Slight insomnia when you first use it but it goes away. Obviously it’s best to not take them but if you feel you can’t beat the anxiety with lifestyle changes, CBT, etc then try the drug for a little while. Stay on a low dose. Minimum dose or lower and always taper off.
Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Just curious, what was your experience with finasteride? You off it now, did it help, how long on it, im really just trying to figure out, should I take it or not... My hair is getting worse and worse. Did zix help at all?

I got off citralopram, I feel better, but just anxious about my hair, seriously considering a hair system, since I dont think i am a good candidate for a hair transplant as I still have some diffuse thinning.

Any thoughts/advice?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Just curious, what was your experience with finasteride? You off it now, did it help, how long on it, im really just trying to figure out, should I take it or not... My hair is getting worse and worse. Did zix help at all?

I got off citralopram, I feel better, but just anxious about my hair, seriously considering a hair system, since I dont think i am a good candidate for a hair transplant as I still have some diffuse thinning.

Any thoughts/advice?
No it didn’t help me and I felt awful for a long time after I quit. I used it for a year @ 0.25mg only. My body can’t handle reduced DHT but you might do better. You’ll probably experience some sexual sides, even if they’re minor.
I didn’t like zix but it helps many others. My skin was extremely oily while using zix.

Any advice? Hair system or buzz and SMP. Tocotrienols worked amazing for 5 months. Zero shedding and thickening but it stopped working. I might double the dose and see if it works again but then it’s only a matter of time before that dose stops helping. I’m probably going to do SMP when I need to. I’m diffusing with nw1 hairline so it can look pretty good IMO. Good luck man