My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I started using Zix about a week ago and immediately noticed an increase in shedding. By immediate, I mean the day after first application and it has not stopped since. Did anyone else experience this?
No - been using it for 2 years now

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding isn't a bad sign. Did you try fina before zix? Ever had this ball ache before zix?

@worm you should check the needling topic, I'm sure adding that can give you even better results.

i hear you, but im reluctant as my wife thinks taking supplements (whic i take only zinc and vit d on occasion) and zix are already weird. adding needling would have her think im delusional. puls too much hassle tbh.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding isn't a bad sign. Did you try fina before zix? Ever had this ball ache before zix?

@worm you should check the needling topic, I'm sure adding that can give you even better results.

tell, if i were to consider needling, i would not consider the full throttle needle that punctures my skull technique.

What would be a short enough needle size which would have some effects? does it leave scabs?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, talked with Joe -creator of zix-. He told me that any type of zinc sulfate works from his experience. Also he said that he dropped azelaic acid because it caused sensitivity in the sun or sth like that. Just a heads up.

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about replacing the ethly alchohol in zix with aloe vera instead? Aloe vera has been shown to have hair growth effects, it is antibacterial/viral properties, and you probably wont have to worry about it drying out hair like alchohol does.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, talked with Joe -creator of zix-. He told me that any type of zinc sulfate works from his experience. Also he said that he dropped azelaic acid because it caused sensitivity in the sun or sth like that. Just a heads up.

I 100% dont agree with that, earlier in the thread someone discovered it's either mono vs hetahydrate zinc sulphate. I believe the heptahydrate was the one that worked. Ive used monohydrate and that was ineffective.

I had shedding on AA, that's why I didnt stick with it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 1mm and your head will be a bit sore and redish but nothing extreme. You don't need to needle untill you bleed. And yes for some people they get scabs but for most the only thing they get is their skin being red a day or two. Your hair covers it anyway so no big deal.

Check out the big needling/minoxidil thread, most is explained there and do the same regimen as the guy who had success in the first post of the thread.

Interesting, maybe ill try it out. I have an old brush, plastic, and the nobby things have worn off several bristles. I have been brushing harder after I apply zix and noticed it scratches somewhat. I didnt really think much about it until i noticed i had a headache and a bit of fatigue. I think the brushing increases absoprtion. If i were to microneedle, I wonder if that would create much worse sides.

I think I'll just keep it up for a few more months and see where im at.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I 100% dont agree with that, earlier in the thread someone discovered it's either mono vs hetahydrate zinc sulphate. I believe the heptahydrate was the one that worked. Ive used monohydrate and that was ineffective.

I had shedding on AA, that's why I didnt stick with it.
can you link that comment so we can understand the reasoning behind it

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys. so i posted how did has saved my hairline and maintained it for a ling time with a super slow progression... here's the top of my head though.... pretty bad huh?

I don't see thinning. How is your family history of baldness

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see thinning. How is your family history of baldness
hi sonictemples. Well, my dad is fully bald, and my mom has hair, kinda like this (when I move my hair around and you see some areas that are thin, that is literally how my mom's hair looks and how my sister's hair looks... maybe thyroid or something as my mom is low thyroid idk)..... my mom's dad had hair too

but yeah my dad is fully bald. My mom's dad wasn't. My younger brother is thinning at the temples, and is only 22.5 years old while I'm 29 now and have more hair than him)

idk..... it's just when I move my hair around I see so many thin spots... lile my hair will be super thick in one spot and then super thin in others. this Must be some sort of crown or top of head thinning

Stone Castle

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered ethyl alcohol 70% and received ethyl alcohol 96%. Would that be ok to make my zix solution or should i return it?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi sonictemples. Well, my dad is fully bald, and my mom has hair, kinda like this (when I move my hair around and you see some areas that are thin, that is literally how my mom's hair looks and how my sister's hair looks... maybe thyroid or something as my mom is low thyroid idk)..... my mom's dad had hair too

but yeah my dad is fully bald. My mom's dad wasn't. My younger brother is thinning at the temples, and is only 22.5 years old while I'm 29 now and have more hair than him)

idk..... it's just when I move my hair around I see so many thin spots... lile my hair will be super thick in one spot and then super thin in others. this Must be some sort of crown or top of head thinning
Since when have you been using zix

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys. so i posted how did has saved my hairline and maintained it for a ling time with a super slow progression... here's the top of my head though.... pretty bad huh?

Do you apply at the crown? I would think yiu probably do. Your hair looks ok to me especially at 29, I'm not sure if its realistic to expect to keep the same density in your 30s. That said, you're the best judge.

I have two pieces of additional advice. I would add 10-25mgs of zinc picolinate every day or second day.

If that doesn't help then I would consider adding minoxidil 1x day spaced apart from zix.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply at the crown? I would think yiu probably do. Your hair looks ok to me especially at 29, I'm not sure if its realistic to expect to keep the same density in your 30s. That said, you're the best judge.

I have two pieces of additional advice. I would add 10-25mgs of zinc picolinate every day or second day.

If that doesn't help then I would consider adding minoxidil 1x day spaced apart from zix.

Is the zinc picolinate supposed to put in the topical or just take it orally as a daily supplement?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the zinc picolinate supposed to put in the topical or just take it orally as a daily supplement?
take it internally on top of the zix. Seemed to work well for me when i reintroduced it into my regimen. I went from shedding a little, to not very much again.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any point to using zix if you are on finasteride x3 and dutasteride 1x weekly? I havn't been able to stop my shedding since a forced finasteride break earlier this year and have some pretty severe itch/redness. Is zix worth checking out? Just trying to stabilize again.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many reported zix helps for the itch, I can confirm this too. But of course it won't do more for you hairloss than fina or duta.
Thanks for the reply! I guess I am wondering if it's a combination treatment or overkill if I'm on finasteride/dutasteride. Eitherway, I've ordered the b6 and zinc so we'll see.