My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys suppose is the minimum amount of ethyl alchohol i could have in a 2oz bottle because i really think that sh*t is drying out my hair and accelerating hairloss.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone asked this yet, but has any retrograde alopecia users see benefit from zix? If so, I really plan to replace finasteride with zix and saw palmetto version.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Technically, You don't since 1% Zinc Pyrithione alone has been proven to promote hair growth when used daily. I've also come across anecdotes of people reversing/stopping hair loss after after taking oral zinc, but I've also read many anecdotes of people shedding faster after taking zinc.

I've been taking 15 mg zinc + 1 mg copper orally for a while now and I'm shedding like a bastard. My hair has taken on a dogshit appearance.
I was under the impression that zinc would only increase androgens assuming you were deficient, so I guess that means I was. Ugh. I should probably quit, but I feel better since taking it. God damn.

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on what kind; https://farbotanicals.com/alcohol-bad-hair-right/

But in the worst case it seems to only dry out your hair.
It seems i have to put the alcohol in the zix formulation because my relative won't let me put refrigerate the regular zix, and i don't risk bacterial contamination nor do I want to have to make a new batch every few days. Just wonder ingif maybe I could pour zix on my crown and sides and maybe it'll go systemic and lower scalp dht all throughought, including the hairline area. I'm also a bit wary of 2,0mm dermarolling because the growth is slow but if i start dermarolling my already thinning hairline, it's gonna go fast

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems i have to put the alcohol in the zix formulation because my relative won't let me put refrigerate the regular zix, and i don't risk bacterial contamination nor do I want to have to make a new batch every few days. Just wonder ingif maybe I could pour zix on my crown and sides and maybe it'll go systemic and lower scalp dht all throughought, including the hairline area. I'm also a bit wary of 2,0mm dermarolling because the growth is slow but if i start dermarolling my already thinning hairline, it's gonna go fast

I dont refrigerate mine. I feel like the ethanol preserves it in some way.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking 15 mg zinc + 1 mg copper orally for a while now and I'm shedding like a bastard. My hair has taken on a dogshit appearance.
I was under the impression that zinc would only increase androgens assuming you were deficient, so I guess that means I was. Ugh. I should probably quit, but I feel better since taking it. God damn.

It might be the copper or could very well be the zinc. I told my friend about zinc for his libido, and he had massive shedding. He mentioned his colleague said straight to his face, "you're really going bald a very passive aggressive disgusted kind of way". So yes, may have some undesired effects.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont refrigerate mine. I feel like the ethanol preserves it in some way.
I agree, I think alcohol 10% alcohol is enough to mitigate microbial activity (joe says 20% in the minimum required). The only other concern would be B6 oxidation/degradation, which I think can be mitigated by trying to finish off a bottle in ~2 weeks, but its likely not a big deal. Personally, I refrigerate zix to prevent b6 oxidation and I use a 1oz bottle.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Half life doesn't matter. But it would be good if someone could get scalp biopsies to measure scalp DHT pre and post Zix. If anyone is willing to do so we can fund them financially.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
if its halflife is less than a day it kind of matters though right?
@sonictemples
You can apply twice a day if that's the case. However, we need to confirm if it really blocks DHT or if it works via a different mechanism. I would say it would be best to find someone who can get biopsy, fund him and see if Zix blocks DHT on tissues in vivo

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can apply twice a day if that's the case. However, we need to confirm if it really blocks DHT or if it works via a different mechanism. I would say it would be best to find someone who can get biopsy, fund him and see if Zix blocks DHT on tissues in vivo
100% agree

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Turkey, there zinc sulfate monohydrate available, no heptahydrate. Does it matter, What are the differences?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one knows the difference in function. heptahydrate has more water molecules and it was used in original Zix formula. No one would possibly able to tell whether there is a difference in the effectiveness between the two.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is B6 p5p required for the solution? I can't seem to ship it to my country.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Background: Emerging evidence suggests that trace elements such as zinc (Zn2+) and copper (Cu2+) are essential cofactor for multiple enzymes and have functional activities within hair follicles. So its deficiencies may cause hair loss. Objective: To assess the serum zinc and copper levels in alopecia. Methods: This cross sectional study was conducted in the Department of Physiology, Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka from January to December during 2017. Thirty five patients icluding both sexes with hair loss aged 18 to 45 years were study group and 35 ages and BMI matched healthy subjects were control group. Serum zinc and copper levels were estimated by flame atomic absorption spectrophotometry. For statistical analysis Unpaired Student’s‘t’ test and Chi square tests were performed. Results: Serum Zn2+ and Cu2+ levels were significantly (p<0.001) lower in study group than those of control group. Conclusions: It was concluded that serum Zn2+ and Cu2+ deficiencies are associated with hair loss patients. J Bangladesh Soc Physiol. 2019, June; 14(1): 21-25
These people do not have androgenetic alopecia then, it's clearly zinc and copper deficiency

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, other studies have shown the same, people with AA have lower zinc levels.
In this study, they don't clarify the type of alopecia. If there's an another one I would like to read that

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon where I live there is only 10mg as p5p, to get 150mg, I have to break 15 capsules. it doesn't make sense, it would be like a soup,And there's zinc sulfate monohydrate here only, How should I adjust the dosage ? guys help.. :(