My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stand corrected, I think the shedding is increasing due to minoxidil. I guess we all expected this to come, but needless to say, I dont like it. I hope it subsides soon.

What is the typical timeline again for shedding to slow down, is it 2 weeks?
1-2 months usually don’t start seeing anything till at least 3 months

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s no getting off the minoxidil train once you get on! Enjoy the bumpy ride lol

Yeah, I've started and stopped a number of times. I was hesitant to start again, it took me 2+ years to finally start again. I think worst case is if I stop things will return to normal after a massive shed.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm already 25 days into my experiment of adding minoxidil once daily. Some observations are - my sides of headaches and fatigue are more or less gone. My scalp feels looser, I'm imagining because perhaps more blood flow - either way it feels healthier. I was also beginning to worry about shedding and while it has increased a bit it hasnt been that bad so far. Maybe an extra 10-20% over baseline which is of no concern to be. Almost 1/3rd my goal there - hoping for the best. I gather 4 months is really where I'll notice improvements but hoping for a clear idea by month 3.

Otherwise I've been applying minoxidil in the am and zix at night, avoids the greasy pillow and earlier to disguise minoxidil after a shower.

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it ok to make one month preparation (60ml in total, use 2ml per days) and store it in normal temperature?

Thanks,

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it ok to make one month preparation (60ml in total, use 2ml per days) and store it in normal temperature?

Thanks,

Yes

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Personally i find it becomes less effective after about 10-15 days unrefrigerated.

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do anyone know how much DHT Zix solution reduce ?
Because i also use Fina 0,25mg 3x a week.

lukedorian

Reaction score
Do anyone know how much DHT Zix solution reduce ?
Because i also use Fina 0,25mg 3x a week.
Hello does that dose of finasteride help you to Maintain your hair? I mean what you have, do you still see hair falling when showering or on pillow?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using another topical with zix right now but I’m having trouble still applying zix twice a day. Would applying zix this nice a day still be beneficial?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using another topical with zix right now but I’m having trouble still applying zix twice a day. Would applying zix this nice a day still be beneficial?

Personally I think once a day may be sufficient. I cant say I ever really applied twice daily with any real consistency and havent applied twice in year .

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. As I said before I contacted one of the people whom was involved with the vitro studies.

He gave me the name of the the company who conducted the study to use the Zinc-B6-Azelaic Acid in one of their products.

However I am not sure if I should mail them. I asked the person whom I contacted again but he didn't reply back.

I don't know if I should do it but we could get information on which forms and dosages were used to obtain full 5ARI.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think once a day may be sufficient. I cant say I ever really applied twice daily with any real consistency and havent applied twice in year .

The whole universe has one question: would Worm be able to fully maintain if he applied Zix twice a day

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
The whole universe has one question: would Worm be able to fully maintain if he applied Zix twice a day

Meant to say years.

To answer your question, I doubt it. But even if I was on finasteride, i suspect i would have lost some ground, not as much of course.

I'm 33 days in with minoxidil. Feel like my hair looks pretty good today. It's getting long, havent cut it since feb I think. Probably my imagination that min is having an effect alread .

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much ground did you lose when using zix? Like 1 Norwood in 15 years?

Bit off topic but are you thinking about possibly trying topical dutasteride after reading some of the posts and side effect free results? or is that still off limits? is zix maintaining on it's own?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much ground did you lose when using zix? Like 1 Norwood in 15 years?

I'm not good at determining that kind of stuf . Maybe two... I've lost at least an inch or more off my hairline. My crown is thinner too, to the point where my hair is greasy it looks quite sparse. Also general diffuse loss on the top. The sides have help up super well though.