My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not good at determining that kind of stuf . Maybe two... I've lost at least an inch or more off my hairline. My crown is thinner too, to the point where my hair is greasy it looks quite sparse. Also general diffuse loss on the top. The sides have help up super well though.
Is it receding at the temples or across the hairline

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Untill now I'm still happy with zix.

But I'm still a bit sceptic it being side free, sucks we don't have any more studies about topical duta. But so far it looks legit imo.
you dont have to be convinced, the people who claim it to be side free should provide some clinical evidence.

i dont see how could be possible tho, since this "500" molecular weight limit exists only in this site.
with its 528 dutasteride can and will penetrate.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you dont have to be convinced, the people who claim it to be side free should provide some clinical evidence.

i dont see how could be possible tho, since this "500" molecular weight limit exists only in this site.
with its 528 dutasteride can and will penetrate.
Can you put this into simpler terms

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not good at determining that kind of stuf . Maybe two... I've lost at least an inch or more off my hairline. My crown is thinner too, to the point where my hair is greasy it looks quite sparse. Also general diffuse loss on the top. The sides have help up super well though.
By sides do you mean donor areas?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://fuehairdoctor.co.uk/topical-dutasteride-dr-lupanzula

The idea behind topical dutasteride has to do with the chemical properties compared to finasteride. At the molecular level, dutasteride is more difficult to deliver as a topical agent to be absorbed through the skin due to the size of dutasteride molecules. They are larger than those of finasteride. This difficulty however becomes an advantage as the difficulty to get past the subcutaneous layer may prevent systemic absorption. The molecular size prevents deep penetration. In addition, dutasteride has a high lipophilicity of 4.94, compared to 3.03 of finasteride, which means it is less water soluble than finasteride or more “greasy”. This higher lipophilicity can in theory help dutasteride to remain in the skin longer as these properties tend to preclude the paracellular and follicular routes of ingress into the skin.

yes, this idea is not new, at least in my country topical duta has been used for more than 10 years because of this myth of a molecular weight beyond 500, and yes, its effective, but for those who cant bear dht serum reduction, has brought with it the usual sides.
if that wasnt the case, everyone's would do that.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any links to people from you country who tried topical duta? Can't find any.
It pretty much seems like a russian roulette. If your scalp is too porous I am sure it will give the same sides as oral dutasteride. For reference you can check the Turkish forum called "Sacmindoktoru" they had a lotion called Invincible which was minoxidil with dutasteride.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any links to people from you country who tried topical duta? Can't find any.
https://calvizie.net/forum/threads/dutasteride-topica.30297/

https://calvizie.net/forum/threads/dutasteride-topica.39651/

as you can see we're talking about more than ten years ago, topical duta is nothing new, in few words for some of them sides were similar or more acute than oral fina, and some have tried to apply the lotion for 3 minutes max, and then flushing
but again, everyone's different

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm skeptical towards the whole topical dutasteride thing as well. As far as I understand, finasteride and dutasteride have an almost binary response in terms of inhibiting DHT. Finding the appropriate topical finasteride dose (that inhibits DHT in the scalp, but not systemically) has been somewhat of a holy grail, with finasteride presumably accumulating over longer periods of time, despite its relatively low half-life. This complicates things because if the dose is too high, the effect accumulates and eventually inhibits DHT systemically at the same rate a regular oral dose would. Mazzarella was supposedly able to do it in a study from 1999 with a dose of 0.01% per day (or 0.005% twice-daily, to be more precise), although some people have tried to replicate it and ended up with systemic DHT-inhibition anyway.

Considering the above, I don't see how this would be different for dutasteride. Considering it's much longer halflife (and lack of topical studies - like Mazarella's - to go off of) it actually seems more difficult to me to find the appropriate topical dosage. Some are arguing for liposomal solutions, but I don't believe that liposomal formulations prevent all systemic absorption. If it penetrates the scalp, I can only assume that some of it will go systemic and starts accumulating over a longer period of time.

I'm open to counter-arguments, as I hope I'm mistaken. But it seems too good to be true. I'll post this in the topical dutasteride thread as well.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Polichem wouldn't exist if topical finasteride was optimal

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both. But after 15 years, I still consider that a win. Hope my minoxidil experiment will yield good results. Im 35 days in now.
Can you give a little more information on how hair loss runs in your family? So users can kind of guess where they will end up in the future with Zix, including myself. Thanks!

SOA77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iv’e just tried zix microneedling combo at 0.25 and I saw the guy who had incredible regrowth put a big dose on his head (lot more than 1,2ml) so i did the same (dont exactly now but maybe between 5 and 8ml) and i got sexual sides wtf didnt know it had sides i took this 2 days and i stop and maybe 5 days after stop my libido is still really low. 5 days is a lot how long it can take to come back?

SOA77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bc i’m getting paranoid this days, i’ve always been hypersensitive to hairloss products but i tried ru58841 in december to regrow a little and switch to an other solution (it sounds risky but i searched a lot and didn’t really see cases of pfs or permanent damages (exept heart) I did 1 and a half month at regular dose with lot of sides and i stopped, took it again once last month and it took 2 weeks to my body to heal the sides. At the start in december it took just one day or two without ru to recover sides
So is it possible ru fucked up somewher myself and made me more sensitive to products than i already am?

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bc i’m getting paranoid this days, i’ve always been hypersensitive to hairloss products but i tried ru58841 in december to regrow a little and switch to an other solution (it sounds risky but i searched a lot and didn’t really see cases of pfs or permanent damages (exept heart) I did 1 and a half month at regular dose with lot of sides and i stopped, took it again once last month and it took 2 weeks to my body to heal the sides. At the start in december it took just one day or two without ru to recover sides
So is it possible ru fucked up somewher myself and made me more sensitive to products than i already am?
Were your sides on ru sexual?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iv’e just tried zix microneedling combo at 0.25 and I saw the guy who had incredible regrowth put a big dose on his head (lot more than 1,2ml) so i did the same (dont exactly now but maybe between 5 and 8ml) and i got sexual sides wtf didnt know it had sides i took this 2 days and i stop and maybe 5 days after stop my libido is still really low. 5 days is a lot how long it can take to come back?

You know i had gone to a number of doctors in the past decades complaining of a lot of issues. All my medical test would come back normal, and they would say "it's in your head". More recently (as this week) I have been wondering if minoxidil was causing some ED or loss of libido. Needless to say when I was called on to perform, and thrown into the more immediate moment all that disappeared and everything worked just fine.

I think it's worth noting how powerful worries can be over your physical self. If you look for something to happen, then it may just happen because you are unwantingly willing it into your reality. That said, 5-8 mls seems excessive - try sticking to 2-4 mls per application.