My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use something to down pgd2?
There is a scientist about pgd2 affect hair .And a research about use cetirizine to regrow hair.I come from chain.And I find an interesting thing one people have used finasteride 10 years.and he used cetirizine to cure other ill about3 years. he says his hair regrow more during he used cetirizine.He has used finasteride 10 years.In his last 3 years he add cetirizine .and he found his hair regrow more

chesco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Have been on hair maintenance for about 10 years, but things only started getting bad around 2 years ago, with semi-noticeable loss on the crown and the temples since a couple of months ago, things aren't going great but could be worse. I've been monitoring shed from bed, shower, styling, etc for the past six months and since January I've noticed a sharp increase in hairfall...from like 40-50 a day to 80-100, at the same time I felt my scalp much more inflamed. If it's helpful, I lose most of my daily while hair styling it (20-ish hairs when I comb after the shower, 30-ish when I use product and comb again when dry). I also just did a DHT blood test that came really high (68 on the 25-65 range).

I started using Zix (15ml ethyl,45 ml distilled water, 2 Zinc capsules, 3 b6-p5p capsules) a couple of days ago, and have noticed my scalp stings a lot less, though haven't seen a decrease in shedding (maybe even a slight increase?). I want to make sure my current regime doesn't interfere. Here's what I'm taking:
  • Vitamins (100% Hair related)
  • Vitamins (overall health, but hair adjecent)
    • B Complex 1X a day*
    • Vitamin D 5000UI 1x a day
    • Resveratrol 2x a day
    • Probiotics 1x a day
  • Medication
    • 750 mg Metformin 1X, as I have insulin resistance.
  • Topicals
    • Minoxidil 5% 1X a day (I cut it in half about a year ago....I think things have gotten worse but at my hair does't look like sh*t every morning when I go to work...and the research I've seen says it's probably OK).
    • Regenpure 3x a week
    • Trying different shampoos in between
  • Treatments
    • Microneedling w/ 1.5 dermaroller biweekly* at night
    • Just started using The Ordinary serum at night too a few hrs after Min
    • Scalp scrub every biweekly
    • Hairmaxcomb every 3-4 days

Few questions based on what I've read on the past pages:
  • *Should I drop the B Complex? Will having to much on it be damaging?
  • *Should I drop the microneedling? Don't particularly enjoy it but don't mind doing it every 2 weeks and avoiding topical Zix/Min that day...
  • Also considering adding Vitamin C and MSM....
  • Styling tips: Since December I've been using Davines Curl Building Serum to style my hair. It looks so much better, and much less dry, though I might believe it causes more hair to fall. Regardless, I've stopped using it since I started Zix, but want to explore other styling options as Zix is not enough to keep my medium-length hair in place. I've tried applying Zix both with dry hair and towel-dryed hair, and prefer the look of the latter. Also, I assume blowdrying is a no-no? All tips welcome.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any actual before and after pictures for zix? I've searched all over and all the ones from HLH were removed it looks like.

bielski2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys

I'm using Zix formula with water. So the penetration is not optimal. I've tried with alcohol but my scalp is very sensitive and itch a lot with alcohol
I wonder if I dermaroll twice a week (1.5mm) it will be enough for penetration or should I do everyday or every other day but 0.5mm
Would it be the same ?

Also I got some white things that doesnt mix with the water. Should I shake before using to get most of the white "powder" or just use liquid that is mix

Thanks you

Last edited:

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys

I'm using Zix formula with water. So the penetration is not optimal. I've tried with alcohol but my scalp is very sensitive and itch a lot with alcohol
I wonder if I dermaroll twice a week (1.5mm) it will be enough for penetration or should I do everyday or every other day but 0.5mm
Would it be the same ?

Also I got some white things that doesnt mix with the water. Should I shake before using to get most of the white "powder" or just use liquid that is mix

Thanks you
I don't know if this helps but I pulverize the zinc using the back of a spoon to get it as fine as possible prior to dissolving it.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One guy had amazing results with needling and zix without alcohol.
By any chance do you have links to the results pictures?
I am kinda exhausted after changing and trying so many different regimens and seeing that nothing works :(

bielski2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps but I pulverize the zinc using the back of a spoon to get it as fine as possible prior to dissolving it.
The zinc that I use is already in "powder" but even tho I mix I still get white powder at the bottom of bottle. Is it normal ? Should I shake before using ? Or it's not active thing and I should avoid shaking

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The zinc that I use is already in "powder" but even tho I mix I still get white powder at the bottom of bottle. Is it normal ? Should I shake before using ? Or it's not active thing and I should avoid shaking
I'm pretty sure everyone who uses zix has the same situation as you. Shake it up before you use it.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Zix but couldn't stick to it. Got an awful headache, low libido and the smell is terrible. Hope it works for you guys! Got zinc and B5 now left

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve seen different comments over the years on various sites but what is the consensus around zix and shedding? Some say yes and some no. Also are there any reports of shedding if you stop? I’ve ordered everything and am willing to give this a shot in the morning with min at night to save my hairline. Just can’t afford a shed.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve seen different comments over the years on various sites but what is the consensus around zix and shedding? Some say yes and some no. Also are there any reports of shedding if you stop? I’ve ordered everything and am willing to give this a shot in the morning with min at night to save my hairline. Just can’t afford a shed.
I really can't tell, most people report decrease in shedding and worm says thats the goal behind it.
I for myself see increased shedding although hair is getting better despite the shedding.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong but receding 3 norwoods in 12+ plus years can just be normal alopecia, do we have someone to see if it really delays androgenetic alopecia? Read all 50+ pages of success stories, nothing about zix other than this.

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong but receding 3 norwoods in 12+ plus years can just be normal alopecia, do we have someone to see if it really delays androgenetic alopecia? Read all 50+ pages of success stories, nothing about zix other than this.
I agree. I am skeptical of whether this combination of zinc and a vitamin is going to have much of an effect on genetic hair loss to be honest. To test the efficacy of zix reliably, we would need to have a controlled, double-blind study. A few people on here seem to have reported some success with zix. However, self-reports and personal anecdotes are unreliable. I'm not denying there is a possibility that zix may be beneficial to some extent, but it is not something I personally would be willing to gamble on. I prefer to stick with proven medical male pattern baldness treatments.

Last edited:

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. I am skeptical of whether this combination of zinc and a vitamin is going to have much of an effect on genetic hair loss to be honest. To test the efficacy of zix reliably, we would need to have a controlled, double-blind study. A few people on here seem to have reported some success with zix. However, self-reports and personal anecdotes are unreliable. I'm not denying there is a possibility that zix may be beneficial to some extent, but it is not something I personally would be willing to gamble on. I prefer to stick with proven medical male pattern baldness treatments.
Hey man sorry I think I missed the part where anyone asked for your opinion... you use the word “gamble” but many of us are not willing to “gamble” popping finasteride and potentially wrecking our sexual and mental health.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to argue here, everyone has their opinions but we just really have to find people who were losing their hair for sure but held on due to zix usage.

Last edited:

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Zinc-Thymulin_to_treat_Androgenetic_Alopecia
Of course i dont pretend to convince you, since your comments on this topic are all the same.but still
PS. If i may add something, im surprised there is a study at all, due to the difficults of use this compound for commercial purposes.

Reaction score
Hey man sorry I think I missed the part where anyone asked for your opinion... you use the word “gamble” but many of us are not willing to “gamble” popping finasteride and potentially wrecking our sexual and mental health.
Those who find that finasteride gives them sides can stop using it. But for the majority of guys such as myself, finasteride/dutasteride are well tolerated and do not cause side-effects.

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Zinc-Thymulin_to_treat_Androgenetic_Alopecia
Of course i dont pretend to convince you, since your comments on this topic are all the same.but still
PS. If i may add something, im surprised there is a study at all, due to the difficults of use this compound for commercial purposes.
Interesting study. Indeed it does provide some evidence in favour of topical zinc.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish some old posters could come here to share their long-term success with zix.

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to start zix as soon as the distilled water arrives. I'll keep this thread updated on my results. Hopefully I'll get something from it. But I'm sceptical because I feel like my hair loss is starting to get aggressive