My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix makes my hair feel/look like plastic. That’s the only downside, when it dries there’s no way I can comb it. And I have fine/straight hair strands...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone who used different treatments prior to zix compare them? So that we get a clearer picture.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I know, I am annoying as hell, but I always shed like a dog while on zix.
Whenever I think, it is coming to a halt, shedding starts again and I lose sh*t tons of hairs few days in a row, especially when combing wet hair.
I just don't know, if to drop it completely or continue despite the shedding, because my hair looks and feels much better with zix...
Also I have the feeling that I only receded when I dropped zix for a few month and stayed the same while being on zix, even though shedding went down without zix.
And yes, I use the recommended products and dosage ( I also tried less zinc, but didn't help).
Maybe someone experienced the same and has got some advice?

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, hair feels much thicker and looks like that while using zix.
I attached some pics, maybe they help, I don't know.
1: Almost 2 years ago, no sign of hairloss
2-3: Just before starting zix a year ago
4-6: while on zix for almost 6 months
7: beginning of 2020, when I decided to start again...
Thinning only in the temple areas and loss of density, doesn't look too obvious in these pics.

Attachments

• A.png
    A.png
    1 MB · Views: 367
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20200218_123517.jpg
    IMG_20200218_123517.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 339
  • G.jpg
    G.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 340
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 344
  • F.jpg
    F.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 361
  • I.jpg
    I.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 352

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning only in the temple areas and loss of density, doesn't look too obvious in these pics.
One or two times a day ?

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how having a good sleep hygiene can affect shedding. Been sleeping 8-9 hours for a week and shedding completely stopped, like I don't even see a single hair when I shampoo

if I sleep 6-7 hours, I shed a few hairs
If I sleep 3-4 hours, I can shed like 10-20 hairs

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how having a good sleep hygiene can affect shedding. Been sleeping 8-9 hours for a week and shedding completely stopped, like I don't even see a single hair when I shampoo

if I sleep 6-7 hours, I shed a few hairs
If I sleep 3-4 hours, I can shed like 10-20 hairs
Hmm maybe super sensitive to cortisol

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo... i can’t even tell you have hairloss.

are you back on it? can you tell me where you ordered all of your stuff?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My problem is I still have a full head of hair, it's just my hairline's receeding

How do I get the topicals in my scalp instead of my hair?

The hairline part, I understand, but how do I make sure the topicals get in my scalp where my hair's still extremely dense/thick (anywhere but my hairline)?

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My problem is I still have a full head of hair, it's just my hairline's receeding

How do I get the topicals in my scalp instead of my hair?

The hairline part, I understand, but how do I make sure the topicals get in my scalp where my hair's still extremely dense/thick (anywhere but my hairline)?
Use dropper

zixcross

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Ive mentioned it on a few threads here, to stop DHT, I use a mix of vitamin B6 (p5p) and Zinc (sulfate) mixed with ethyl alcohol (70%) and distilled water that I topically rub on my scalp. It was invented by a poster named Joe, dating back to at least 2005 that I discovered on the hairlosshelp website.

While I cant claim it's as effective as finasteride, in my personal experience over the last 11+ years of using it I am convinced it has stopped me me from going bald. I'll give you my story and I'll follow up by posting the formula.

++

My Story
--

I am 39 y/o, and started my losing my hair around 18 back in 1995, when i noticed my hairline which used to be a fortress of hair, looked a tiny bit thinner. I used to be that guy who was voted as having the best head of hair in my high school. Anyhow, I chalked it up to wearing a hat, until about a year later, when I began to get a crazy itchy scalp in my first year of university. At that point, being 19, I noticed my hair started shedding like crazy, 200 hairs, it would fall on my textbooks, my notepads, i would shake my hair out and 60 hairs would fall out with little effort - I was freaking out for months, staring at my hair for hours a day, I was compulsive. My first effort was to control the itch which was driving me crazy, tar shampoos, selsum blue, H&S, none of it worked. my scalp was red, inflammed, and was excreting puss which would dry into yellow crusts. I was totally depressed seeing my hair go down the drain. Eventually I found a hippy derm who recommended zinc (25 mgs gluconat), that helped me with the itch considerably, and the shedding decreased, even though i was still losing.

Eventually I found another great derm (who was experiencing hair loss himself), who put me on minoxidil + retin a, and eventually finasteride in 97 (I believe), which was not really known at the time. Eventually things stabilized, and by my 3rd year of university I had great hair again.

The one thing that got to me is the sides. I had trouble with words, felt tongue tied, I got depressed, felt mentally slow and confused (i.e. brain fog), . It was like I was watching my life through a window. I had soft wood and low libido, but sex still felt amazing. My muscle mass decreased and I felt feminine. But I had great hair, looked great and had no trouble meeting women. I never developed any significant facial hair even at 39 (which i should have according to my dad's side), and my body hair (legs and arms) thinned. I attribute this to finasteride messing with hormones during the last stage of me becoming an adult. Life wasnt great because I was depressed, but I had a good job and looked great. I relied on my good looks, which I knew were fleeting and unsustainable.

Fast forward to when I was 27; after getting dumped by my girlfriend that I lived with, I was on a business trip and forgot to take my finasteride with me. After a few days of not being on it, I felt like a cloud was lifted from my head. I knew, having experimented a little before, that it was due to a lack of finasteride. I felt the best I had felt in years (pre finasteride). It was at this point I said F' it, and that if after a month, my hair started to fall, I would jump back on finasteride. Sure enough after a month it started to fall and fast, but I felt so good, that I refused to go back to finasteride. I believe my depression and moodiness drove my ex away, so I was determined to feel good from that point on. I had more energy, thought much more clearly, and was wayyyyy happier. I gained about 10 lbs of muscle mass (over the months). While tempted, I refused to go back on. At which point the itching and shedding returned.

It was end 2004, and I used minoxidil which eventually turned into another mix, which ended up regrowing more hair than even before finasteride. It had major sides, and started giving me palpitations and screwing up my vision. After 6-9 months, I stopped and was back at square 1. Shedding, itching back. I just thought if I could just find something that could reduce this f'in itch and restore my scalp to a healthy state, my hair should stabilize.

It was at this point I discovered Zix, created by a poster named Joe (I'll post his site later). A lot of people were having success on it. It's made up of vitamin B6 and Zinc mixed with ethyl alcohol and distilled water. He quoted a study showing that zinc sulfate + B6 (p5p) reduces scalp dht. I said why not, I ordered the vitamins from independent store on amazon, and mixed up the concoction per his recipe (classic zix). Within a couple days, my itch was gone, it was a god send. The itch used to be so bad, I wanted to tear into my scalp with a fork. Anyhow, my scalp looked much like it did pre hairloss, white and healthy. Within a week or two, the shedding had gone down to next to nothing, and my hair recovered. It still was thinner than 9-12 months prior when I was still on finasteride, but my hair still looked really good.

Over the years (11 years since dropping finasteride, and 19 since starting male pattern baldness), my hair isnt perfect because I experimented with other things. For example, my scalp and ketoconazole do not mix, and my hair sheds less and is thicker not taking it. But on the whole, I have maintained most of what I had. I am probably a NW2 now, coming from a Norwood 1 since end 2005. I have lost density and some of my hairline, but at 39 y.o. I still have as much hair, if not more than most of my friends. By all accounts, I'd say this is a huge success. I would probably have more had i kept using finasteride, but I would still be a total mess due to sides. This has been the best solution for me, hands down.

+

I believe that my hair stopped falling because zix helped me maintain a healthy scalp. Whether this is a function of reducing DHT or reducing inflammation I cannot say as my science knowledge is effectively non-existent. But the lack of itching to me is an indicator that zix is truly effective. Not to mention, that over the past 11 years I still have most of my hair. I am confident I would be pretty bald, as I used to shed massive amounts of hair, and during the times I was without treatment, I lost a lot of ground.

I have changed my formulation from Joe's classic Zix, being that I doubled the concentration, and have put in twice the zinc sulfate (I believe that's 4x zinc). Joe has other formulations, which I have tried, but in the end I am sticking to what works for me.

Joe was quite active on hairlosshelp, but has since stopped. The people on hairlosshelp are vicious, resort to name calling and rip you apart if you deviate from the big 3, it's really quite ridiculous. And the moderator allows this to continue, which I suspect why he has way less posters than here. Anyhow, Joe backed away from the negativity. I couldnt stand it myself.

Joe was a godsend for me and my hair, and I cant thank him enough.

I still hope to regain some density, and am holding high hopes for brotzu's lotion, but until then, I believe zix is the best solution for me.

Quite a few have asked for the formula, of those I know @Quest is using it and is reporting wayyyy less shedding. I have zero financial interest in this as you can go to any vitamin store and buy the ingredients on your own. it costs about $2 per month i estimate.

I hope for those who are in desperate need of a solution, this helps you. I would be inclined to add it even if you're taking finasteride.

With respect zinc and B6, as anecdotal evidence, I know there have been a few formulas out there who use both in their mixes, for example i know regenepure and lipogaine both do, as well as some others such as revivogen. Here are it's ingredients, you'll see they use p5p and zinc sulfate.

+
SD Alcohol 40, Purified Water, Gamma Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, Oleic Acid, Saw Palmetto Extract, Ethyl Laurate, Beta Sitosterol, Caffeine, Octyl Gallate, Dodecyl Gallate, Pyridoxal 5- phosphate (Vitamin B6), , Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Procyanidin B2 (from Grape Seed or Apple extract), Azelaic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Menthol, EDTA, Perfume

+

If I were to add anything I may try taking a SPalmetto supplement internally to boost the anti dht. I tend to be constantly tinkering, and havent found the right time or motivation to do so.

One last thing, zix adds cosmetic density, and gives your follicles a bit of a boost, making your hair look thicker. I find it amazing for styling, as it give a dry natural look while helping to keep your hair in place.

My formula is in the next post.

Cheers!

@worm

Hi worm. Hopefully, you're maintaining your hair with zix.

Do you think zinc has to be zinc heptahydrate? In canada, I only see Zinc monohydrate in amazon. Any thoughts on this?
Btw, I'm thinking of trying the original zix if you ask me.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo... i can’t even tell you have hairloss.

are you back on it? can you tell me where you ordered all of your stuff?
Yes, started again.
Hair looks and feels Way better, unfortunately I'm shedding way more, up to 200 hairs a day.
Got the zinc and b6 from eBay.