My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
My apologies if this has been asked before, I skimmed through the thread and couldn't find any references to it: has anyone tried using this with dermarolling? I saw in one thread that some guy claims to have decent results, but beyond that there's been nothing that I've heard of.

I think if you're young, diffuse thinning, and you use dermarolling with anything like zix/minoxidil/propecia - the results could potentially be very impressive.

Dermarolling seems to be very very powerful and do really well when mixed with other practices.

Look up hairliciously on youtube. he compiles some amazing dermarolling results in his videos.

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if you're young, diffuse thinning, and you use dermarolling with anything like zix/minoxidil/propecia - the results could potentially be very impressive.

Dermarolling seems to be very very powerful and do really well when mixed with other practices.

Look up hairliciously on youtube. he compiles some amazing dermarolling results in his videos.

Dermarolling is good don't get me wrong, but consider that if you use minoxidil
along with it then more of it will get into your blood stream, thus sides will be stronger. Do without first to see if you get any sides. I've had some minor circles under eyes and some small wrinkles, but I'm still cute lol. But seriously I only use 5% once a day and I can imagine what twice a day with higher concentration plus dermarolling would do.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this b6 capsule from Amazon. Will this work since it has gelatin and rice flour in it's ingredients.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutricost-Vi...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Hey team, anyone tried Zinc drops?

It's a liquid Zinc supplement.

This is the one I have:

BioCeuticals Zinc Drops - there are other brands also available online. I've seen them on eBay.

I'd send a pic but it won't let me as I'm a new member.

It's Zinc Oxide - about a mg of zinc in each drop.

Easier than crushing sufate tablets - but will it work?
Interesting find in this thread https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/good-paper-discusses-many-different-options.125619/

The paper, here, https://api.intechopen.com/chapter/pdf-preview/54160 talk about using Mesotherapy and the benefits of the following compounds among others

• Zinc "acts as a 5‐α reductase inhibitor"
  • Dexpanthenol (Vitamin B5) "is involved in the hair development"
  • Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) "stimulates hair growth and augments the effects of zinc
  • Biotin "acts as a coenzyme and growth factor"
  • Vitamin C "acts as an antioxidant and helps in collagen production"

Seems worth getting raw ingredients for some of the above from Alibaba - find a reputed supplier and you should get quality compounds as these are not expensive to produce and better to use compared to opening up vitamin capsules as you get fillers which you dont want sitting in your hair follicle pores. Probably worth adding caffeine.
It is safest to use the exact products from the first page of this thread. Using other products, brands or ingredients could make the formula ineffective. Experimentation can be good, of course, but no one should give up Zix before they have tried the original formula.

ariel12160

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is someone that reported about sexual sides while on zix ?
And if so there is ever someone that his sides continue after stopping the treatment ?
I mean in the end its kind of "natural" solution and not like the chemical finasteride.
Last thing - its effective to just put in temples ?
And there is someone who did it and it worsen his situation?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
What's your opinion about the fillers that are in the products worm, etc use? Could they be harmful?
I see no way that any of the few extra ingredients in Worm's products could cause any trouble.
There is someone that reported about sexual sides while on zix ?
And if so there is ever someone that his sides continue after stopping the treatment ?
I mean in the end its kind of "natural" solution and not like the chemical finasteride.
Last thing - its effective to just put in temples ?
And there is someone who did it and it worsen his situation?
Almost no one has reported sexual side effects from Zix, but they exist. I have seen no one reporting that the effects stayed after quitting Zix for a few days.

If you have only frontal balding, there is no need to apply Zix other places. I have heard of no one losing hair from Zix.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see no way that any of the few extra ingredients in Worm's products could cause any trouble.

Almost no one has reported sexual side effects from Zix, but they exist. I have seen no one reporting that the effects stayed after quitting Zix for a few days.

If you have only frontal balding, there is no need to apply Zix other places. I have heard of no one losing hair from Zix.
If i may, do you apply once or twice per day? How many ml?

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me that much. Some things to consider:

-I'm not sure how much of a roll dermarolling played. This is just my opinion. Most deramrolling success is typically accompanied with minoxidil use. My gut tells me that their success is increased absorption of minoxidil, OR they are first-time minoxidil users...who generally get good initial results. I can't recall seeing any long-term minoxidil users suddenly gaining ground by adding dermarolling to their minoxidil regimens.
-If I had to bet, I would say this guy is a great Zix responder, using the precise formula that yielded the best results for most over the years.

Just my 2 cents.

And that's 2 cents worth indeed. There's a shitload of guys who claim minoxidil was useless to them for years until they add dermarolling to their regimens.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to use Zix but i have several questions.

I just started minoxidil and will add wounding/dermarolling next Week but since im only at th beginning of the treatment i would like to keep minoxdil twice daily.
Can i add zix daily like 2-3 hours after the evening minoxidil application ? Or could i provoke adverse effects by doing this like minoxidil Killing zix effectiveness or the other way
Does zix once daily can still be efficient ?

ariel12160

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to find distilled water and they write on the bottle - for cars and flat iron, thats what I need ?

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to find distilled water and they write on the bottle - for cars and flat iron, thats what I need ?

That's probably something different as distilled water is usually next to the spring water, but I'm unsure where you're from.

It just says distilled water, no specifics on what it should be used for.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to use Zix but i have several questions.

I just started minoxidil and will add wounding/dermarolling next Week but since im only at th beginning of the treatment i would like to keep minoxdil twice daily.
Can i add zix daily like 2-3 hours after the evening minoxidil application ? Or could i provoke adverse effects by doing this like minoxidil Killing zix effectiveness or the other way
Does zix once daily can still be efficient ?
If you use minoxidil, it may be hard to know whether Zix has any effect for you. Minoxidil merely gives temporary regrowth, unless we find a way to halt the hair loss, as from Zix or wounding. Your plan may be good but personally I would use only Zix and wounding until you see whether it works.

Zix can be effective if applied only once daily, but twice is recommended for best effect. The consensus seems to be that you can use Zix and minoxidil the same day as you say. If applied at the same exact time, the zinc in Zix could break down minoxidil.
It is probably the cheaper, demineralized, deionized water. It is almost the same. I guess it works but distilled water is better and can be found on eBay, Amazon and other places.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen over the past few pages and have been contacted by some suggesting adding extra ingredients to boos six's effectiveness.

I strongly recommend against that because you cant determine if it's working or you could also be negating the positive effects of zix due to poor interactions with the extra ingredient.

I do suggest you look at @Ezekiel2019 post as proof this works on it's own (with some needling)

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon

I remember you posted these pics in a post related to scalp massage;

jdbeforeafter.jpg

I thought you would like to know he just posted an update, 5 years later. He acknowledges he couldn't regrow all of it (but only does scalp massages 4-5 min vs 20 min back in the days), but says he managed to maintain most of the hair that regrew 5 years ago, with scalp massages only.

jdhair2019_4.jpg

jdhair2019_6.jpg

jdhair2019_2.jpg

jdhair2019_3-e1567272847465.jpg

you can check his other pics and his post here: https://www.jdmoyer.com/2019/09/02/natural-hair-regrowth-2019-update/

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding ethyl alcohol here in Australia. Do you think this is okay?
I just did some research, it looks like methylated spirits is just ethanol. Specifically, Diggers brand methylated spirits which you can pick up at woolworths (if ordering from that company is too inconvenient). If you look at the Material Safety Data sheet on their website they have the ingredients listed as 95% ethyl alcohol (ethanol), 5% demineralised water.
which I find strange, because supposedly it's meant to be denatured (ie poisonous to ingest) but no ingredients have been added to make it poisonous?

Yes it's fine. If it says distilled then it's distilled, unless you're in some third-world country where standards are lax.

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used zix for 2 months ,it works well. With microneedle my temples have some regrowth. BUT I have some worries, the overdose of zinc is harmful to brain and liver. I know the dose of ZIX is lower than safe level but the standard is based on oral use, so I want to know if zix goes into vein with its concentration, does it harmful to brain? because when I apply zix I fell a little headche although it very tiny. And does anyone know the flow direction of scalp's vein, does it directly flow to brain or the opposite direction?

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
logically if you microneedle, and I guess it depends on the size used, there's a possibility of it going systemic. Though I would ask a professional in regards to this.

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, although I think this example was posted by Link.

But yeah, a combination of zix and massages seems to be a good potential treatment.

I'm doing the above. Vigerous massage every day + redlight + changed my diet (danny roddy recommendation - basically recommends high protein, high micronutrient and fructose, low polyunsaturated fats) + loseing body fat + biotin + red light every day + Zix (once it arrives)

I chose against microneedling cuz i don't like the idea of metal nails piercing my skin thousands of times. I think it will have some toxic effect. Just my opipnion.

Will do it consistently for a year and post before and afters.