My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
In the decades I've been on this forum and others, it seems like those who do the best on Zix, use Zix alone, AND use the original version with no alcohol and no other added ingredients. HOWEVER, there have been far too many people reporting success while using both Zix AND minoxidil to exclude one of the other. Just don't mix them together. The rule most followed was to apply Zix first, wait 5 minutes, then apply minoxidil.

Don't try to re-invent the wheel, fellas. Adding this and that to Zix is not Zix. Most success I have read is by those using 120 ml of distilled water, 3 capsules of zinc sulphate, and 120-150 mgs of B6. That's it. If you want to use minoxidil with it, do like I mentioned above and apply it after Zix. If, however, you are very worried about zinc interfering with minoxidil (I think this concern is overblown) then simply apply one in the am and the other in the pm. Both Zix and minoxidil can be effective when used only once a day.

Try this for 6 months to a year and then reevaluate.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the decades I've been on this forum and others, it seems like those who do the best on Zix, use Zix alone, AND use the original version with no alcohol and no other added ingredients. HOWEVER, there have been far too many people reporting success while using both Zix AND minoxidil to exclude one of the other. Just don't mix them together. The rule most followed was to apply Zix first, wait 5 minutes, then apply minoxidil.

Don't try to re-invent the wheel, fellas. Adding this and that to Zix is not Zix. Most success I have read is by those using 120 ml of distilled water, 3 capsules of zinc sulphate, and 120-150 mgs of B6. That's it. If you want to use minoxidil with it, do like I mentioned above and apply it after Zix. If, however, you are very worried about zinc interfering with minoxidil (I think this concern is overblown) then simply apply one in the am and the other in the pm. Both Zix and minoxidil can be effective when used only once a day.

Try this for 6 months to a year and then reevaluate.

Hows your progress @JWM2 ? I've been really struggling, trying to decide if I should add minoxidil in the evening. I hate the idea of adding more, but my hairline after 15 years is starting to get a little too high for me to simply stay the course and not top it off with something else.

I've been sitting on a 6 month package of minoxidil for 3 years. Does it go bad btw?

fallinghair

Reaction score
Hi worm, I tried to find the HLH forum but somehow they are not up anymore.

Your forumla stopped my itchy scalp, but I'm still loosing 80 hairs per day and I've been taking finasteride for 3 years. I was wondering If anyone has replaced finasteride with zix in the HLH network or here ?

Thank you

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hows your progress @JWM2 ? I've been really struggling, trying to decide if I should add minoxidil in the evening. I hate the idea of adding more, but my hairline after 15 years is starting to get a little too high for me to simply stay the course and not top it off with something else.

I've been sitting on a 6 month package of minoxidil for 3 years. Does it go bad btw?

Progress is okay. I'm in my late 40's, and have been on the big 3 for over 20 years. I'd love more density, but what can you do? As for using minoxidil, I would check the expiration date on your box.

INT

Reaction score
Progress is okay. I'm in my late 40's, and have been on the big 3 for over 20 years. I'd love more density, but what can you do? As for using minoxidil, I would check the expiration date on your box.

I was under the impression that you were on zix+minoxidil only? Or am I mixing you up with someone else..

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Funny - it doesnt seem like long ago, but probably more like 17 years, I was in my mid twenties and I guess you a little older. Here we are still battling it out.

Seems like such a hassle to start minoxidil, but I am thinking i should give it another shot. It did help when i did use it, i could just never keep it up.

Oker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found that I have less shedding when I use lesser amounts, trying to cover all my scalp with zix meant that I used 4 full droppers in every application, cutting down to 1ml at a time has reduced my shedding significantly, I think I was suffocating my scalp and it was counterproductive, less is more.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year and 7 months update:

Hair loss is stable. Confirmed by derm, since adding low level laser therapy I am also getting regrowth in my temples according to derm.

I have been working out heavily over the past 7 weeks, was worried about hairloss but it's all been stable - attribute this to zix and lasering

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year and 7 months update:

Hair loss is stable. Confirmed by derm, since adding low level laser therapy I am also getting regrowth in my temples according to derm.

I have been working out heavily over the past 7 weeks, was worried about hairloss but it's all been stable - attribute this to zix and lasering

Good to hear. By week 3 people usually start adding all kinds of crap nullifying its effectiveness, then they abandon treatment and alas they pass up a good natural solution for hairloss prevention . Other reasons it doesnt work is people use nizoral in conjunction or use other treatments that dont compliment zix.

Kudos to you for just staying the course and I'm glad you're having the success you are. This is the one reason I created this thread, so that at least a few people avoid the trauma associated with losing their hair. Hopefully this makes up for some the jerk things I've done in the past :)

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found that I have less shedding when I use lesser amounts, trying to cover all my scalp with zix meant that I used 4 full droppers in every application, cutting down to 1ml at a time has reduced my shedding significantly, I think I was suffocating my scalp and it was counterproductive, less is more.

wow, i completely drain my scalp with zix to the point that im soaking wet. Maybe i should hold back.. a lot

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know, but I shed like crazy using both. I have read others who shed as well.

I generally shedded a lot with nizoral, the first time I noticed thinning at my forelock was after I used nizoral.

It's called 'keto burn'.