My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes those great finasteride days. Two weeks of feeling totally awesome followed by many months of pure hell. It was so weird, it changed me in so many ways but still it is very hard to describe. I became less thrill-seeking, less witty, did not care about sex anymore, started doubting myself in everything I did, I had a higher need for validation from other people and much more weird sh*t. It even kind of changed the music I listened to for a while and the type of women I found attractive.

If the pre-finasteride me would have read what I just wrote I would probably laugh it off and not take anything serious. Oh boy, misery is a great teacher.

Totally relate to this almost to a "T", except maybe the last point about women.

INT

Reaction score
Totally relate to this almost to a "T", except maybe the last point about women.

Yeah that is probably the weirdest one. I went from liking very sexual confident women to more cute nerdy type of girls. Probably because I felt that I could not keep up with the first type during my finasteride days.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why people are obsessed with shedding - everybody sheds hair, including women.

Shed at least 10 hairs a day, maybe more if I don't wash my hair over a few days.

by shedding, I mean excessive shedding and if something that can reduce or minimize shedding, it is already victory. of course, we will all shut up if we shed ~10 hair per shower, but 100 hair per shower is a big warning

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that is probably the weirdest one. I went from liking very sexual confident women to more cute nerdy type of girls. Probably because I felt that I could not keep up with the first type during my finasteride days.

Ha! Ive always been into the cute nerdy ones! I find they have more depth, but hey everyone has their type.

INT

Reaction score
Ha! Ive always been into the cute nerdy ones! I find they have more depth, but hey everyone has their type.

My current gf is a perfect mix between the two. I think I have found the right balance:).

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the original formula posted has been working that well for me, it's been nearly a month. Any advice on alternatives I should try?

I'm also worried I'm just not applying it correctly or it's not actually getting absorbed into the scalp. My scalp is kind of itchy right now so it doesnt seem to be helping with that (and an itchy scalp isn't a huge problem for me usually)

for the record I have pretty slow hairloss to begin with considering I'm still a Norwood 2-2.5 and have been losing my hair for like 7 years now

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the original formula posted has been working that well for me, it's been nearly a month. Any advice on alternatives I should try?

I'm also worried I'm just not applying it correctly or it's not actually getting absorbed into the scalp. My scalp is kind of itchy right now so it doesnt seem to be helping with that (and an itchy scalp isn't a huge problem for me usually)

for the record I have pretty slow hairloss to begin with considering I'm still a Norwood 2-2.5 and have been losing my hair for like 7 years now

can you elaborate on your formula? why do you think it's not working?

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you elaborate on your formula? why do you think it's not working?

Shedding doesn't seem to have reduced at all

- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

same formula you posted on the 1st page

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used this formula for the first time last night and the results were instant. I can't tell if I've noticed a decrease in shedding yet, however when washing my hair in the morning all the plauqe buildup I've been dealing with since around when my hairloss first started was peeling straight off. I typically scrape hard at the buildup which causes my scalp to become sore, it's been flat against my scalp for months but is now peeling upwards and a few pieces have been able to be picked off like little balls. Thank you so much for posting this thread. Whether or not this assists with regrowth is yet to be seen of course, however this formula has done wonders for my scalp health. I encourage anyone who has hair loss accompanied by some sort of buildup to give this a shot

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding doesn't seem to have reduced at all

- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

same formula you posted on the 1st page

And you use a dropper to apply and massage it in? I assume you shake the bottle before filling the dropper? How is your shedding in general?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used this formula for the first time last night and the results were instant. I can't tell if I've noticed a decrease in shedding yet, however when washing my hair in the morning all the plauqe buildup I've been dealing with since around when my hairloss first started was peeling straight off. I typically scrape hard at the buildup which causes my scalp to become sore, it's been flat against my scalp for months but is now peeling upwards and a few pieces have been able to be picked off like little balls. Thank you so much for posting this thread. Whether or not this assists with regrowth is yet to be seen of course, however this formula has done wonders for my scalp health. I encourage anyone who has hair loss accompanied by some sort of buildup to give this a shot

Great to hear. Zix helps your scalp become healthy imo, it will take a few days to notice a decrease in shedding.

How many hairs do u shed in general these days?

Keep us updated

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
And you use a dropper to apply and massage it in? I assume you shake the bottle before filling the dropper? How is your shedding in general?

yes but perhaps im not applying it all over the scalp properly as I should be, and yes I do shake it

I think my shedding is pretty mild, like I said I've been shedding for 7 years and still have a good head of hair with no prior history of treatments. I mean it's definitely lost A LOT of density, and my right side has receded but all things considered it's still hidden and doesnt look like I'm suffering from hair loss.

I'd say when I shower it varies from 10-20 hairs but sometimes I'll catch more hair falling throughout various times in the day

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear. Zix helps your scalp become healthy imo, it will take a few days to notice a decrease in shedding.

How many hairs do u shed in general these days?

Keep us updated
I couldn't give an exact number as so many fall out during the day unnoticed. When I wash my hair II com it and ~5 hairs pull out in the comb which I don't feel until I look, a dozen or so accumulate on the walls of the tub which I rinse off whenever I notice them around every other time I shower, and about every hour I have to blow one off the screen of my phone if that helps give a general idea. This shedding started along with my hair loss and my doctor attributed it to telogen effluvium (not my hair loss in whole just this aspect of it) due to the fact that she could reach in my hair and pull out numerous strands with no tension that had little white bulbs on them.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I couldn't give an exact number as so many fall out during the day unnoticed. When I wash my hair II com it and ~5 hairs pull out in the comb which I don't feel until I look, a dozen or so accumulate on the walls of the tub which I rinse off whenever I notice them around every other time I shower, and about every hour I have to blow one off the screen of my phone if that helps give a general idea. This shedding started along with my hair loss and my doctor attributed it to telogen effluvium (not my hair loss in whole just this aspect of it) due to the fact that she could reach in my hair and pull out numerous strands with no tension that had little white bulbs on them.

Well thats exactly how it started for me. Not sure if we experience the typical male pattern baldness as others do, all i can say us zix has worked wonders for me. If you see a reduction in shedding, then u know its working.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but perhaps im not applying it all over the scalp properly as I should be, and yes I do shake it

I think my shedding is pretty mild, like I said I've been shedding for 7 years and still have a good head of hair with no prior history of treatments. I mean it's definitely lost A LOT of density, and my right side has receded but all things considered it's still hidden and doesnt look like I'm suffering from hair loss.

I'd say when I shower it varies from 10-20 hairs but sometimes I'll catch more hair falling throughout various times in the day

Well thats very little. It could be zix doesnt work for you. And if your scalp is itchier after a month of use, and u see no benefit, it may not be worth using. I cant see it doing hsrm though.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thats exactly how it started for me. Not sure if we experience the typical male pattern baldness as others do, all i can say us zix has worked wonders for me. If you see a reduction in shedding, then u know its working.

What he describes is alopecia. The same thing happened to me until I stabilized. It’s just your hair follicles falling out and being replaced with a much thinner, smaller, weaker version. The same thing happens when regrowth occurs due to anti androgenic medications. The same shed, same white bulb, only the new hairs growing are thicker, darker and stronger. Speaking from experience. Just wanted to point it out, as I’m reading about this b6+zip regimen.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Ok so I got the B6 suggested here (pure encapsulation) and I have to use 150 mg for 60 ml right? If so how many pills is it? I used 3.
Also is this normal that the mixture is yellow?

Thank you!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Ok so I got the B6 suggested here (pure encapsulation) and I have to use 150 mg for 60 ml right? If so how many pills is it? I used 3.
Also is this normal that the mixture is yellow?

Thank you!

Yes it's three and it's yellow.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OT but just want to thank @worm for continuing to update this thread and help people get started.

Persistence is how you beat hair loss and also keeps this forum alive.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
OT but just want to thank @worm for continuing to update this thread and help people get started.

Persistence is how you beat hair loss and also keeps this forum alive.

You know I was just thinking about it. I was experiencing very aggressive hairloss when I was 19-20. Side effects aside, thankfully I nipped it in the bud early on by starting on finasteride and minoxidil, before I switched completely to Zix. I had close to a year or so between stopping finasteride and starting zix, which saw the same aggressive hairloss return in between.

In that time Ive seen my hair maintain for the most part its density, while others Ive met have gone from NW0s to visibly bald(balding). I wish I could restore some density, but for my age nobody would even consider me bald.

I can't promise this will work for everyone, but I have received quite a number of good reviews from people. For those without options, or those who do not want to use finasteride or minoxidil, zix is really the way to go.