My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if it's possible to use Zix alongside minoxidil? I've heard some places that they shouldn't be mixed, it sounds like I'd be a great candidate for regrowth using Zix however I'd rather not abandon minoxidil and risk losing progress

You got regrowth using Zix ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if it's possible to use Zix alongside minoxidil? I've heard some places that they shouldn't be mixed, it sounds like I'd be a great candidate for regrowth using Zix however I'd rather not abandon minoxidil and risk losing progress

yes apparently it works well.

I would apply them seperately. One in the morning, the other at night. Since minoxidil has a 22 hour half life, you will be fine only using once daily. @JWM2 has a friend who does this with good results.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes apparently it works well.

I would apply them seperately. One in the morning, the other at night. Since minoxidil has a 22 hour half life, you will be fine only using once daily. @JWM2 has a friend who does this with good results.

Nice. hoopefullyit works for me, and thanks for the thread it's very helpful

INT

Reaction score
Worm have you ever considered a transplant btw? Your situation is stable and to quote yourself, you only need an extra boost. A small procedure and you would probably be a complete fullhead again for many years.

INT

Reaction score
Sorry, You mean shedding stops ?

No, I mean that when you start a new treatment it is impossible to see significant changes within a few days. It happens a lot that after starting a new treatment guys experience one day with less shedding and then ther wishful thinking kicks in and they think their treatment must be working.

That is not how hair loss works.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm have you ever considered a transplant btw? Your situation is stable and to quote yourself, you only need an extra boost. A small procedure and you would probably be a complete fullhead again for many years.

Maybe in few years. Im in my early 40s now. It just seems not to be worth it imo. Id love a solid 1-1.5cms back in my hairline. Maybe in 5 years something will be more affordable and less extreme. Also my fear is the hair behind the transplant will recede. Im hoping in 5 years everything will be cheaper and especially with all the late stage trials a real solution to not losing further will finally be here.

INT

Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky to still have this amount of hair despite being destined for A Norwood 5/6 (if I remember correctly), with a regime that has close to zero negative health risks! Just looked at your pictures again.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I mean that when you start a new treatment it is impossible to see significant changes within a few days. It happens a lot that after starting a new treatment guys experience one day with less shedding and then ther wishful thinking kicks in and they think their treatment must be working.

That is not how hair loss works.

Appreciate your reply. Wish the best for you. :)

Reactions: INT

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky to still have this amount of hair despite being destined for A Norwood 5/6 (if I remember correctly), with a regime that has close to zero negative health risks! Just looked at your pictures again.

I was just reminiscing a few mins ago about how messed up finasteride made me. It really messed with my head, I was brain foggy, emotional, so out of it and disconnected. f*** I am happy to be off it, but it kept my hair when I had no other solution, so in one sense I am thankful for it while I used it too.

Zix has been a lifesaver since.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
I was just reminiscing a few mins ago about how messed up finasteride made me. It really messed with my head, I was brain foggy, emotional, so out of it and disconnected. f*** I am happy to be off it, but it kept my hair when I had no other solution, so in one sense I am thankful for it while I used it too.

Zix has been a lifesaver since.

Ah yes those great finasteride days. Two weeks of feeling totally awesome followed by many months of pure hell. It was so weird, it changed me in so many ways but still it is very hard to describe. I became less thrill-seeking, less witty, did not care about sex anymore, started doubting myself in everything I did, I had a higher need for validation from other people and much more weird sh*t. It even kind of changed the music I listened to for a while and the type of women I found attractive.

If the pre-finasteride me would have read what I just wrote I would probably laugh it off and not take anything serious. Oh boy, misery is a great teacher.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes those great finasteride days. Two weeks of feeling totally awesome followed by many months of pure hell. It was so weird, it changed me in so many ways but still it is very hard to describe. I became less thrill-seeking, less witty, did not care about sex anymore, started doubting myself in everything I did, I had a higher need for validation from other people and much more weird sh*t. It even kind of changed the music I listened to for a while and the type of women I found attractive.

If the pre-finasteride me would have read what I just wrote I would probably laugh it off and not take anything serious. Oh boy, misery is a great teacher.

This is the reason why I have not jumped onto the finasteride bandwagon, at times though I toy with the idea of trying topical finasteride. But f***. Crazy. that vulnerable men have to EVEN consider it.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @INT
How is your progress with Zix so far ? Any reduced shedding so far ?

Not sure why people are obsessed with shedding - everybody sheds hair, including women.

Shed at least 10 hairs a day, maybe more if I don't wash my hair over a few days.