My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ase-activity-as-a-key-factor-in-aging.113012/

I believe this is the theory behind zix. A lack of d6d in our bodies, so there is no optimum conversion of LA to GLA.. And as a result, because of a shortage of GLA.. We lack Dgla.. This links this zix protocol to brotzu lotion.

Women have higher levels of d6d, due too estrogen...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_6_desaturase

Since this reacts higher in the chain, I believe this could be be better than brotzu, with all the possible pathways we are all unaware off. The only thing that could be helpful in the zix mix is equol and l carnitine. I actually have equol capsules.. So will throw one in the mix

Edit:
More and more I have the feeling this is the missing link, which combines multiple theories.

It all starts with deficiency of d6d, and it ends with an unbalanced prostaglandins ratio due to a lack of Pge1.

Last edited:

skinnywolfboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I noticed something interesting which is most likely unrelated but I feel like is worth pointing out.

In the D6D link under AGONISTS is mentions food restrictions and low levels of Omega-3's.

This is interesting to me simply because of the link between inflammation, diabetes, and auto-immune disorders. I've also heard people speculate that androgenic alopecia could also be partly an auto-immune reaction.

Now having gotten that out of the way, food restriction and fasting is a known method of fighting inflammation.

That's all I'll say for now but I'm not saying fasting regrows hair, I'm just pointing out the various ways these inflammation and auto-immune response seem to be a key part of the puzzle, admittedly I'm not an expert and haven't done too much research (just lurk on hair loss boards).

Have a nice day!

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I noticed something interesting which is most likely unrelated but I feel like is worth pointing out.

In the D6D link under AGONISTS is mentions food restrictions and low levels of Omega-3's.

This is interesting to me simply because of the link between inflammation, diabetes, and auto-immune disorders. I've also heard people speculate that androgenic alopecia could also be partly an auto-immune reaction.

Now having gotten that out of the way, food restriction and fasting is a known method of fighting inflammation.

That's all I'll say for now but I'm not saying fasting regrows hair, I'm just pointing out the various ways these inflammation and auto-immune response seem to be a key part of the puzzle, admittedly I'm not an expert and haven't done too much research (just lurk on hair loss boards).

Have a nice day!

Interesting input and yes I'm familiar with the idea of becoming deficient in "essential fatty acids". I've never tried that, and don't ever plan to since my hair loss is controlled now.

With that said, I was on an intermittent fasting regimen for about 5 months or so, and any improvements on my scalp were negligible.

Of course, I'm sure overall health improvements will always be somewhat helpful.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting input and yes I'm familiar with the idea of becoming deficient in "essential fatty acids". I've never tried that, and don't ever plan to since my hair loss is controlled now.

With that said, I was on an intermittent fasting regimen for about 5 months or so, and any improvements on my scalp were negligible.

Of course, I'm sure overall health improvements will always be somewhat helpful.
Apparently part of the Brotion involves fatty acids

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I made a new batch of Zix. Just wondering if I’m doing it correctly
My mix consist of
15ml Alchohol
45ml distilled water
3 zinc capsules
3 b6 capusules @Freedome reccomended
The formula came out with a Yellow/Greensih color. Just checking if I’m doing it correctly

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mix consist of
15ml Alchohol
45ml distilled water
3 zinc capsules
The formula came out with a Yellow/Greensih color. Just checking if I’m doing it correctly

Yellowish color, yes. Green color, no.

As long as you're using Ethyl Alcohol, that's the same exact formula I'm using.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mix consist of
15ml Alchohol
45ml distilled water
3 zinc capsules

Looks good to me - must be ethyl alcohol - otherwise it wont work apparently. Do not use isopropyl alcohol.

BTW Im picking up my b6 that @Freedome recommends - Im super eager to give it a try - as I think I may be losing a bit of ground on zinc alone.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ase-activity-as-a-key-factor-in-aging.113012/

I believe this is the theory behind zix. A lack of d6d in our bodies, so there is no optimum conversion of LA to GLA.. And as a result, because of a shortage of GLA.. We lack Dgla.. This links this zix protocol to brotzu lotion.

Women have higher levels of d6d, due too estrogen...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_6_desaturase

Since this reacts higher in the chain, I believe this could be be better than brotzu, with all the possible pathways we are all unaware off. The only thing that could be helpful in the zix mix is equol and l carnitine. I actually have equol capsules.. So will throw one in the mix

Edit:
More and more I have the feeling this is the missing link, which combines multiple theories.

It all starts with deficiency of d6d, and it ends with an unbalanced prostaglandins ratio due to a lack of Pge1.

Totally over my head. Let me know how it works out though, it sounds promising. My goal here is to have a solution that is almost free to people going bald - god knows we have enough issues, and being blackmailed for what most take for granted (hair) seems totally unreasonable.

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm what happened if I accidentally used isopropyl alcohol. I didn’t realize. I just used my first batch this morning. I dumbed everything out just now after realizing. I’m going to buy ethanol alcohol now

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm what happened if I accidentally used isopropyl alcohol. I didn’t realize. I just used my first batch this morning. I dumbed everything out just now after realizing. I’m going to buy ethanol alcohol now

Yeah definitely don't use Isopropyl alcohol.

Lol can everyone please call it "Pure Encapsulations B6" or something.

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. A bit concerned and hoping for feedback from Worm and from others if possible.

My zix formulation is 30ml distilled water, 15 ml 70% ethyl alcohol, 75 mg total of the ecological formulas brands b6/p5p, and 110 mg of the zonc sulfate that worm uses.

It is important to note that I used this less concentrated batch since worm uses a Very concentrated batch which I feel may be too much for me for just starting in my zix journey.

I have been two days on this zix. 3 ml per day, twice a day.

So far I have noticed and immediate cosmetic thickening. It is like, a ton of thickening which is nice, but I am more concerned with just halting or slowing my hairloss.

So, two days in now and I thought wow holy crap my hair isn't shedding (for these first two days of zix I did not wash my hair), though usually I can tug on totally dry hair and get a few out. I could only get like 5 hairs out dry making me think, wish I usually get 10 or 15 with ease. It's already working???? But no it wasn't and below is why.

Then I took my shower and tug method (especially as it had been two full days since using nizoral, thus causing me to begin itching a bit.

Same as all showers paired with tugging and shampooing. Lost about fifty frontal hairs between my temples, and my center frontal area at the hairline.

Then lost about 10 from the crown, all thick and dark hairs.

So it seems somehow that when the zix was in my dry scalp for a full two days maybe there was some type of stickiness or something keeping me from being able to extract the usualnumber of hairs when my hair is dry.

Now I sit here waiting for my hair to dry extracting another 30 hairs from the front with ease...

Should I be patient on My weaker-than-worms' formula?

Is my formula likely too weak?

Have I not given it enough time to work and am just being a dramatic whine baby? (Regardless of yes or no, how long does it usually take to work?)

Am I applying this albeit weaker formula, too much (twice a day), to the point it is perhaps causing an increase in dht?

Is my shedding roughly 80 frontal hairs usually a Huge concern or is it not That bad?

And lastly, is it bad that I was still getting a bit of itch due to skipping nizoral, a mild dht blocker, for two full days? I ask because in that time I still was using zix which I assumed would pick up the slack where nizoral left off.

Thanks fellas!!!

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. A bit concerned and hoping for feedback from Worm and from others if possible.

My zix formulation is 30ml distilled water, 15 ml 70% ethyl alcohol, 75 mg total of the ecological formulas brands b6/p5p, and 110 mg of the zonc sulfate that worm uses.

It is important to note that I used this less concentrated batch since worm uses a Very concentrated batch which I feel may be too much for me for just starting in my zix journey.

I have been two days on this zix. 3 ml per day, twice a day.

So far I have noticed and immediate cosmetic thickening. It is like, a ton of thickening which is nice, but I am more concerned with just halting or slowing my hairloss.

So, two days in now and I thought wow holy crap my hair isn't shedding (for these first two days of zix I did not wash my hair), though usually I can tug on totally dry hair and get a few out. I could only get like 5 hairs out dry making me think, wish I usually get 10 or 15 with ease. It's already working???? But no it wasn't and below is why.

Then I took my shower and tug method (especially as it had been two full days since using nizoral, thus causing me to begin itching a bit.

Same as all showers paired with tugging and shampooing. Lost about fifty frontal hairs between my temples, and my center frontal area at the hairline.

Then lost about 10 from the crown, all thick and dark hairs.

So it seems somehow that when the zix was in my dry scalp for a full two days maybe there was some type of stickiness or something keeping me from being able to extract the usualnumber of hairs when my hair is dry.

Now I sit here waiting for my hair to dry extracting another 30 hairs from the front with ease...

Should I be patient on My weaker-than-worms' formula?

Is my formula likely too weak?

Have I not given it enough time to work and am just being a dramatic whine baby? (Regardless of yes or no, how long does it usually take to work?)

Am I applying this albeit weaker formula, too much (twice a day), to the point it is perhaps causing an increase in dht?

Is my shedding roughly 80 frontal hairs usually a Huge concern or is it not That bad?

And lastly, is it bad that I was still getting a bit of itch due to skipping nizoral, a mild dht blocker, for two full days? I ask because in that time I still was using zix which I assumed would pick up the slack where nizoral left off.

Thanks fellas!!!

Because I'm not you, I can't say much about your experience with lost hairs after the shower. There shouldn't really be a "sticky" effect on your hair when using Zix. However, I can give you my $0.02...

1. You decreased the amount of zinc, B6, and distilled water, but kept the same amount of ethyl alcohol! I'd recommend increasing the distilled water back up to 45ml so you don't have too high a concentration of ethyl alcohol.

2. Idk how often you use Nizoral, but it's generally recommended to only use a Ketoconazole shampoo 1-2 times per week so you can avoid what I recall is named "Keto Burn"...which is basically when the Ketoconazole works against you and INCREASES hair fall.

3. Zix (at least with the right ratio between water and ethyl alcohol) can't really have a negative effect on your hair, so I don't see a problem with you applying it twice a day, although once in the morning has done just fine for me.

Keep us updated!

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I'm not you, I can't say much about your experience with lost hairs after the shower. There shouldn't really be a "sticky" effect on your hair when using Zix. However, I can give you my $0.02...

1. You decreased the amount of zinc, B6, and distilled water, but kept the same amount of ethyl alcohol! I'd recommend increasing the distilled water back up to 45ml so you don't have too high a concentration of ethyl alcohol.

2. Idk how often you use Nizoral, but it's generally recommended to only use a Ketoconazole shampoo 1-2 times per week so you can avoid what I recall is named "Keto Burn"...which is basically when the Ketoconazole works against you and INCREASES hair fall.

3. Zix (at least with the right ratio between water and ethyl alcohol) can't really have a negative effect on your hair, so I don't see a problem with you applying it twice a day, although once in the morning has done just fine for me.

Keep us updated!

Thanks man!

Just wondering. Given my 75 total mg.b6, 110 mg zinc sulfate, 30 ml.distilled, and 15 ml.ethyl, How should I change these numbers for perfect ratio. Granted id like to keep the b6 and zinc ratio if said ratio is correct. Then that leaves the ethyl alcohol to distilled water. Lol I'm sucky at math

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

No worries - it's not like your hair will fall out, from what i understand zix just doesnt work.

If you cant find ethyl alcohol, just dont use any and top up with more distilled water (60 instead of 45mls).