My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say thanks to all the contrbutors, especially @Freedome for pointing out the heptahydrate and new b6 suggestion .

I am optimistic about trying your b6 p5p. Im ordering it this week . I find zinc alone works well, but this may have a much better effect .

While I posted what works for me, it's only getting better due to everyone contributing their advice. The more input we have the better this will get.

I think @Freedome may have brought this to the next level. It'll take a month before I can report the result, but I'll update u guys .

Btw @Freedome, how are your results about a week after your last update?

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say thanks to all the contrbutors, especially @Freedome for pointing out the heptahydrate and new b6 suggestion .

I am optimistic about trying your b6 p5p. Im ordering it this week . I find zinc alone works well, but this may have a much better effect .

While I posted what works for me, it's only getting better due to everyone contributing their advice. The more input we have the better this will get.

I think @Freedome may have brought this to the next level. It'll take a month before I can report the result, but I'll update u guys .

Btw @Freedome, how are your results about a week after your last update?

I'd like to start by saying that my variation isn't anything incredibly groundbreaking; it'll just allow the zinc to synergize with p5p more easily.

I just don't want anyone here expecting a night-and-day difference in effectiveness VS the original formula. :)

With all that said, I'm still quite happy about how things are going for me. Every two or three weeks, I like to do a thorough self-analysis on my hair loss. It seems obsessive but I don't think much about my hair any other time during the week.

Today it went like this:

Didn't go outside or work out today--had work to do at home and this allowed me to escape the risk of losing any hair to the Montana winds.

Lost about 12-15 hairs this morning when I washed my hair and applied Zix.

Then this evening before I showered, I spent over 5 mins vigorously ruffling my hair in an attempt to knock out as much hair as possible. The result was about 45-48 hairs.

Then during the duration of showering and applying my Minoxidil, I counted another 15 hairs.

The amount of VISIBLE hair loss for me today was in the range of 72-78 hairs. Let's be very pessimistic and say that I lost another 25 hairs during the day without noticing.

With the extra 25 factored in, that's 97-103 hairs lost today (and I didn't shampoo yesterday).

I don't know about you guys, but I always notice more hair loss on the days that I shampoo--which is every other day for me. Obviously the shampoo isn't a direct cause of more hair fall; it's just that the scalp is more thoroughly cleansed.

So I just typed out my current hair fall on the BAD days. Even being as pessimistic as possible and adding 25 imaginary fallen hairs to the overall count, my hair fall was at 103 today. The average daily hair fall for men under 40 years of age is around 25-100. I'm not looking great, but not bad either.

I haven't done a thorough analysis yet on my hair fall during the non-shampoo days, but I'd say it's around the 70-85 area.

Considering I'm only attacking my hair loss with topicals, I'd say I'm somewhat satisfied at the moment.

I'll update again later. Wasn't planning on doing an analysis today but @worm insisted lol.

Last edited:

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't realize how long that post was. Just wanted to be thorough in case any of you actually cared.

And once again, please don't expect revolutionary improvements just because the formula has a higher quality p5p. :)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to start by saying that my variation isn't anything incredibly groundbreaking; it'll just allow the zinc to synergize with p5p more easily.

I just don't want anyone here expecting a night-and-day difference in effectiveness VS the original formula. :)

With all that said, I'm still quite happy about how things are going for me. Every two or three weeks, I like to do a thorough self-analysis on my hair loss. It seems obsessive but I don't think much about my hair any other time during the week.

Today it went like this:

Didn't go outside or work out today--had work to do at home and this allowed me to escape the risk of losing any hair to the Montana winds.

Lost about 12-15 hairs this morning when I washed my hair and applied Zix.

Then this evening before I showered, I spent over 5 mins vigorously ruffling my hair in an attempt to knock out as much hair as possible. The result was about 45-48 hairs.

Then during the duration of showering and applying my Minoxidil, I counted another 15 hairs.

The amount of VISIBLE hair loss for me today was in the range of 72-78 hairs. Let's be very pessimistic and say that I lost another 25 hairs during the day without noticing.

With the extra 25 factored in, that's 97-103 hairs lost today (and I didn't shampoo yesterday).

I don't know about you guys, but I always notice more hair loss on the days that I shampoo--which is every other day for me. Obviously the shampoo isn't a direct cause of more hair fall; it's just that the scalp is more thoroughly cleansed.

So I just typed out my current hair fall on the BAD days. Even being as pessimistic as possible and adding 25 imaginary fallen hairs to the overall count, my hair fall was at 103 today. The average daily hair fall for men under 40 years of age is around 25-100. I'm not looking great, but not bad either.

I haven't done a thorough analysis yet on my hair fall during the non-shampoo days, but I'd say it's around the 70-85 area.

Considering I'm only attacking my hair loss with topicals, I'd say I'm somewhat satisfied at the moment.

I'll update again later. Wasn't planning on doing an analysis today but @worm insisted lol.

But @Freedome is this an improvement compared to pre zix days?

I agree zix did not regrow my hair, it just stabilized everything, bolstered what I had and over the past 12-13 years I've been very slowly losing ground. Ultimately I'm hoping for a brotzu solution to recharge a few years and maybe a Norwood scale. But for me this has been a lifesaver. I Do think the addition of minoxidil will improve the results, but im too lazy to bother as my hair is fine as is.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
But @Freedome is this an improvement compared to pre zix days?

I agree zix did not regrow my hair, it just stabilized everything, bolstered what I had and over the past 12-13 years I've been very slowly losing ground. Ultimately I'm hoping for a brotzu solution to recharge a few years and maybe a Norwood scale. But for me this has been a lifesaver. I Do think the addition of minoxidil will improve the results, but im too lazy to bother as my hair is fine as is.

Yeah at my worst I was losing some 250+ hairs per day. I'll do another analysis today just for the hell of it. It'll be a lower hair loss count than yesterday lol.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update...

Total visible hair loss was only 35-40 today. Add in maybe 25 that I may have missed and I'm still in the green.

Won't be having another update for a few weeks since I was so thorough this time around.

I'd like to know if you guys also experience better results with the pure p5p later on.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update...

Total visible hair loss was only 35-40 today. Add in maybe 25 that I may have missed and I'm still in the green.

Won't be having another update for a few weeks since I was so thorough this time around.

I'd like to know if you guys also experience better results with the pure p5p later on.

Dude, that's awesome, that's 1/6th of what it was! Im guessing you still have decent coverage . I had super thick coverage when I was 19/20, and only discovered zix after minoxidil and finasteride use in my late 20s . so maybe my shed hair count would have been higher.

I would focus on what you can count. It's probable what you dont count is less now than it was before. I'm guessing 1/5th in direct proportion to what you can observe .

I'm really happy to hear you're seeing this big improvement .

So you use 3 zinc in 150mgs p5p?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update...

Just noticed that you're 20, so I think you must have more hair now than I did in my late 20s.

This is excellent! You've totally got me ordering p5p tomorrow .

After 3-4 months of saving 200+ hairs not shed daily (that's abt 20k less hairs shed), I'm pretty sure you'll be much happier with the way your hair looks .

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Zix could be enough for a lot of guys. Say that everyone's dream in the forum become true and the Italian potion becomes a reality (ie, 90% hair back to everyone)... It's gonna be expensive. If zix is enough for you, no reason to go for that 50€ a bottle theoric lotion

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Zix could be enough for a lot of guys. Say that everyone's dream in the forum become true and the Italian potion becomes a reality (ie, 90% hair back to everyone)... It's gonna be expensive. If zix is enough for you, no reason to go for that 50€ a bottle theoric lotion

I dont think this stops hair loss completely, I just think it firstly stops the dramatic shedding allowing the hair to stabilize at a respectable level and then slows the baldness process by 90% or something like that - so much so that I still have most of my hair with only minor recession over the last 12-13 years. Maybe with the addition of @Freedome 's b6, maybe the results will improve. Gotta order that today. :)

Needless to say, I think brotzu, aside from the price will hopefully be a step up.

Economist987

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm your story is very inspiring. Since it is so cheap I will give it a try myself, although I shed very minimally, so I wouldn't expect to see changes in the short term. But what do I have to lose except a few euro's a month.

I do have a question about the ethyl alcohol.

1. Ethyl alcohol has ingredients like acetone and Methyl Isobutyl Ketone in it. I am not sure if this is safe?
2. Would it be possible to buy 96% pure alcohol (which is also approved for drinking or making your own drinks) and just throw in some extra demineralized water?
Thanks in advance

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm your story is very inspiring. Since it is so cheap I will give it a try myself, although I shed very minimally, so I wouldn't expect to see changes in the short term. But what do I have to lose except a few euro's a month.

I do have a question about the ethyl alcohol.

1. Ethyl alcohol has ingredients like acetone and Methyl Isobutyl Ketone in it. I am not sure if this is safe?
2. Would it be possible to buy 96% pure alcohol (which is also approved for drinking or making your own drinks) and just throw in some extra demineralized water?
Thanks in advance

I think I spend about $2/month. pure ethanol is ok I believe. I dont think I have those ingredients you mention in my ethyl alcohol.

That said, shedding is a good way to monitor whether it's working, but maybe since you dont shed much, it will have an even better effect. Good luck!

Jerry239

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm do u recommend zix for finasteride non responders. I have been on 5mg finasteride cut in to quarters for almost 7 months and my shedding is the same if not worse than pre finasteride days. Plus my biggest concern my hairline is a lot worse than i would expect if i wasn't on finasteride. I am planning to continue taking finasteride until 1 year, but in case the situation doesn't improve should i try zix? Is there somebody with my experience that benefited from zix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm do u recommend zix for finasteride non responders. I have been on 5mg finasteride cut in to quarters for almost 7 months and my shedding is the same if not worse than pre finasteride days. Plus my biggest concern my hairline is a lot worse than i would expect if i wasn't on finasteride. I am planning to continue taking finasteride until 1 year, but in case the situation doesn't improve should i try zix? Is there somebody with my experience that benefited from zix?

I would give it a try, yes and in conjunction - I suspect it'll help you. Is your scalp itchy?

I had used zix for 7 years, and aside for the sides i managed to not lose any hair. That said, I wish i had tried zix first. Try the b6 that @Freedome suggests though.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW I ordered freedome's b6, gonna get it in about a week - looking forward to trying it.

Jerry239

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would give it a try, yes and in conjunction - I suspect it'll help you. Is your scalp itchy?

I had used zix for 7 years, and aside for the sides i managed to not lose any hair. That said, I wish i had tried zix first. Try the b6 that @Freedome suggests though.
Yes it is a bit itchy.
Will i find the chemicals in pharmacies?Because in my country (Ethiopia) u can't order online.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is a bit itchy.
Will i find the chemicals in pharmacies?Because in my country (Ethiopia) u can't order online.

Well Jerry - I think itchiness is tied to hairloss, so I think it would help. Can you not order from Ebay in the uk then? you should be able to find everything there. Otherwise I think you wont find it in a pharmacy.