My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using zinc-only zix formula for the last four days (distilled water + 70% ethyl alcohol + zinc sulfate) and I think my scalp is actually feeling a bit better, less itchy, less red, etc. Only issue is I think the dried solution is creating white flakes on my scalp a few hrs after I apply it. Will this improve it by adding the b6? Any other tips to reduce the flaking phenomenon?

Great to hear. Are the white flakes from the dried solution? With b6 it will add more sediment . im guessing you have short hair right? you may want to rub your scalp an hour or so after you apply .

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear. Are the white flakes from the dried solution? With b6 it will add more sediment . im guessing you have short hair right? you may want to rub your scalp an hour or so after you apply .
I believe the white flakes are just from the dried sediment, since the seborrheic dermatitis/red itchy scalp seems to have improved a bit so not dandruff. And yeah, I buzz my head to a #1 every week. I guess I could only apply zix at night, then shower it off in the morning?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the white flakes are just from the dried sediment, since the seborrheic dermatitis/red itchy scalp seems to have improved a bit so not dandruff. And yeah, I buzz my head to a #1 every week. I guess I could only apply zix at night, then shower it off in the morning?

The study says that adding B6 improves the zinc effect so you should really contemplate adding it.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
The study says that adding B6 improves the zinc effect so you should really contemplate adding it.

This. I've tried 3 different forms of Zix:

1. Same exact formula as in the 2nd post on this thread.

2. Same as above, but I omitted the B6.

3. Same as 2nd post on this thread, but instead of using Worm's recommended B6 in that post, I swapped it with this...
Pure Encapsulations - P5P 50 - Activated Vitamin B6 to Support Metabolism of Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins* - 60 Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BI2M3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-UeSAbQRHZ2JZ

If you look at the originally recommended form of B6, it is composed mainly of calcium. This has no purpose in the formula so I swapped it with a pure B6 p5p supplement. 3 pills, 50 mg per pill. So 150 mg of pure p5p, without the calcium garbage that caused clumping in my hair.

I've been using this formula for the past week and my hair loss has subsided much more compared to when I used the originally recommended one.

Last edited:

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
u mean didnt improve so it slowed down hair loss even more or the effect of zix didnt improve

Sorry. That wasn't written out properly.

With the original formula, I lost less hair than usual. It worked but still wasn't enough to stop my hair loss.

When I used Zix without B6, I started to lose more hair again.

I'm now on the original formula, but with pure p5p instead of the recommended tablets that have calcium.

My formula is this:

15 ml Ethyl Alcohol
40 ml Distilled Water
2 & 1/2 zinc capsules (same capsules as Worm)
150 mg B6 p5p (3 capsules)

I've only been on this formula for one week, but in this small time frame I've already seen much better results.

I'm losing like 5-12 hairs at night as opposed to 25-40 hairs when I used Zix without B6.

When I didn't use any form of Zix at all, I was losing a good 40-60 hairs at night so yeah I'm pretty happy about it right now.

Of course I'll update if anything changes.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be on freedome's routine in a couple days when the B6 arrives. So I'll update you guys with my progress on that.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be on freedome's routine in a couple days when the B6 arrives. So I'll update you guys with my progress on that.

Sounds good man.

I also forgot to mention that when I was on the original formula, I really only had something like 60 mg of true p5p because I didn't want all that excess calcium to mess up my hair's appearance.

Since p5p has been shown to increase zinc's effectiveness on the scalp, it definitely doesn't seem beneficial to omit it.

Once again, the only real difference between my and Worm's original formula is that I changed my supplement for B6.

I'd guess that my version would be more effective since there won't be any unnecessary calcium interfering with the zinc and p5p, but too soon to say for sure.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good man.

I also forgot to mention that when I was on the original formula, I really only had something like 60 mg of true p5p because I didn't want all that excess calcium to mess up my hair's appearance.

Since p5p has been shown to increase zinc's effectiveness on the scalp, it definitely doesn't seem beneficial to omit it.

Once again, the only real difference between my and Worm's original formula is that I changed my supplement for B6.

I'd guess that my version would be more effective since there won't be any unnecessary calcium interfering with the zinc and p5p, but too soon to say for sure.
Lol I ordered both types of p5p just to be safe. Did you have a red itchy scalp? I can't seem to get my redness to die down much at all.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I ordered both types of p5p just to be safe. Did you have a red itchy scalp? I can't seem to get my redness to die down much at all.

I have honestly not had any redness from any forms of Zix. I've also never really had a chronically itchy scalp either.

Perhaps your skin is having an adverse reaction to the ethyl alcohol? Maybe the concentration of that was too high?

All I can recommend is self experimentation lol. Eliminate stuff from your daily routines until you find the cause.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have honestly not had any redness from any forms of Zix. I've also never really had a chronically itchy scalp either.

Perhaps your skin is having an adverse reaction to the ethyl alcohol? Maybe the concentration of that was too high?

All I can recommend is self experimentation lol. Eliminate stuff from your daily routines until you find the cause.
Oh the redness/itchyness is not from Zix directly. If anything, zix helped. I've had that problem since my balding started.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry. That wasn't written out properly.

With the original formula, I lost less hair than usual. It worked but still wasn't enough to stop my hair loss.

When I used Zix without B6, I started to lose more hair again.

I'm now on the original formula, but with pure p5p instead of the recommended tablets that have calcium.

My formula is this:

15 ml Ethyl Alcohol
40 ml Distilled Water
2 & 1/2 zinc capsules (same capsules as Worm)
150 mg B6 p5p (3 capsules)

I've only been on this formula for one week, but in this small time frame I've already seen much better results.

I'm losing like 5-12 hairs at night as opposed to 25-40 hairs when I used Zix without B6.

When I didn't use any form of Zix at all, I was losing a good 40-60 hairs at night so yeah I'm pretty happy about it right now.

Of course I'll update if anything changes.

Amazing! Glad to see this thread active without me. Thank you @Freedome - I can only say what worked for me, and I have not tried everything, so it's very possible I dont have the formula perfected. What I appreciate is everyone trying different iterations, so that we come to a common consensus of what works best. I think I will try your B6, instead of mine - as mentioned I believe I have better results without my b6, and very possibly because of the calcium.

BTW I use 3- 3.5 capsules of zinc.

Glad to hear about your results.

Cheers!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh the redness/itchyness is not from Zix directly. If anything, zix helped. I've had that problem since my balding started.

Zix totally (97% at least) wiped away my itchiness. I had it bad, and it was a huge pain in the ***. That was one of the first things I noticed about zix when i first tried it, my scalp felt much better, the redness and inflammation virtually disappeared, and the shedding dropped precipitously.

If Freedome says he has better results on that B6, then I agree, give that brand a shot. I certainly will.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say zinc heptahydrated is way more efficient than monohydrated, and since i added pure p5p its even more effective!! No more itchy or red scalp since 2 week now! But i dont count my hair fall since ii have long hair and kind of broken hair so i cant figure if its a fallen hair or a broken one ahah

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say zinc heptahydrated is way more efficient than monohydrated, and since i added pure p5p its even more effective!! No more itchy or red scalp since 2 week now! But i dont count my hair fall since ii have long hair and kind of broken hair so i cant figure if its a fallen hair or a broken one ahah

Good to hear. elimination of itchy scalp is a very good sign.

Has the shedding decreased in your opinion? It could very well take another couple weeks.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Now that you mentioned that, pluspharma is heptahydrate, so that's what i have. I have an older different brand which I switched away from due to it not being as effective, and I just noticed it's monohydrate. Thanks for elightening me!

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's the whole premise behind zix.

If i dont have zinc pills or caps but bought powder from purebulk.com

It is stated as Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate.

'' Serving Size : 150 milligram / Serving per container : 667 / Amount per serving : Zinc (as Sulfate monohydrate) : 55 mg ''

So would a tea spoon would bee the equivalent of 3 x 155 mg pill like you use ?