My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever tried topical zinc with minoxidil (not at the same time) But lets say 1ml zinc at night and 1 ml minoxidil in the morning ? Or this is really impossible as a lot of people say

I have not, but some here have. Problem is, rarely anyone comes back to report any news. I can pm a few to see though.

@JWM2 posted of a guy he knows who has had much success doing so. That's with the zinc/b6 combo though (actual zix) - not zinc alone.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not, but some here have. Problem is, rarely anyone comes back to report any news. I can pm a few to see though.

@JWM2 posted of a guy he knows who has had much success doing so. That's with the zinc/b6 combo though (actual zix) - not zinc alone.

Yes, i've been using zix, but stopped when i jumped on minoxidil.. because of people saying zix reduces minoxidil effectiveness..

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Minoxidil at night and Zix in the morning.

I shower at night before applying the Minoxidil, and when I wake up, I wash my hair again before applying Zix.

Doing it this way shouldn't reduce the effectiveness of either treatments...but I've only been doing this for a little over a month and it's too soon to tell if the Minoxidil is working.

I will say that Zix has definitely thickened my hair and improved the health of my scalp overall.

Just got my pure p5p so I'll be able to increase from 60mg of p5p to 150mg, without having loads of unnecessary calcium in the formula.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, i've been using zix, but stopped when i jumped on minoxidil.. because of people saying zix reduces minoxidil effectiveness..

Spread them apart, minoxidil has a 22 half life, so 1x day is plenty. How was it on zix?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so if i do : Minoxidil 1ml in the morning and after a good water rinse, 1 ml zix at night before bed it should be okay ?

i didnt use it enough to see result i guess. but main problem is i cant put too much alcohol in it because of itching.. and my solution was really yellow.. so after applying some, with my shaved head, you could see yellow spot on my scalp. Maybe its because of too much b6 or zinc

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys on dermarolling too? Not trying to desvihate from the topic (zix), just saying that dermarolling is like a enhancement to every topical treatment out there. Hell, sometimes (when i don't have time at hand), it's the only treatment I do.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so if i do : Minoxidil 1ml in the morning and after a good water rinse, 1 ml zix at night before bed it should be okay ?

i didnt use it enough to see result i guess. but main problem is i cant put too much alcohol in it because of itching.. and my solution was really yellow.. so after applying some, with my shaved head, you could see yellow spot on my scalp. Maybe its because of too much b6 or zinc

Practical problem. Maybe it's not the zinc or the b6 BUT some kind of filler that's on the tables that make your solution yellow? I don't know cause I still didnt buy the ingredients but from experience, for exemple, I bought Saw palmetto capsules (with white powder inside) and now I see that when I look for saw palmetto on ebay, there are capsules with some brownish powder... Maybe it's just a different filler or maybe I was scammed.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Practical problem. Maybe it's not the zinc or the b6 BUT some kind of filler that's on the tables that make your solution yellow? I don't know cause I still didnt buy the ingredients but from experience, for exemple, I bought Saw palmetto capsules (with white powder inside) and now I see that when I look for saw palmetto on ebay, there are capsules with some brownish powder... Maybe it's just a different filler or maybe I was scammed.

what i basically do with B6 is that i open the plastic capsule and let it fall into de liquid (water/alcohol), so its basically only white powder. But when i shake it it turns yellow, i will put i picture next time a mix a batch

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for a private deal here regarding the ingredients of zix... (anyone from europe here using zix? if so, contact me privately)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

I wouldn't bother rinsing.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
what i basically do with B6 is that i open the plastic capsule and let it fall into de liquid (water/alcohol), so its basically only white powder. But when i shake it it turns yellow, i will put i picture next time a mix a batch

Yes that's what happens, it's yellow due to b6

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys on dermarolling too? Not trying to desvihate from the topic (zix), just saying that dermarolling is like a enhancement to every topical treatment out there. Hell, sometimes (when i don't have time at hand), it's the only treatment I do.

Yes i think there is something to dermarolling. I think it's the wounding that helps rejuvinate the skin and follicle, and it may help with absorption too. I support that, though dont practice it.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's what happens, it's yellow due to b6

This. If you make the formulation without B6 it'll be relatively clear. I just made a new batch with pure vitamin b6 p5p and it's still yellow. No worries at all.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, if Zix solution makes your scalp yellow and messy, then I would only apply it at night (let it absorbs it during the night) and wash it off in the morning

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, if Zix solution makes your scalp yellow and messy, then I would only apply it at night (let it absorbs it during the night) and wash it off in the morning

My hair looks better after applying Zix and the only buildup I got was caused by the calcium... Which I've excluded from the solution.

With your hair, zix should improve the appearance for you as well. The solution is yellow but it's not going to make your hair messy like stuff such as fenugreek seeds.

Keep in mind "Zix" is a loose word in this thread at the moment. We're pretty much all using modified versions.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair looks better after applying Zix and the only buildup I got was caused by the calcium... Which I've excluded from the solution.

With your hair, zix should improve the appearance for you as well. The solution is yellow but it's not going to make your hair messy like stuff such as fenugreek seeds.

Keep in mind "Zix" is a loose word in this thread at the moment. We're pretty much all using modified versions.

Yea, I always keep in mind the 1st page as reference to what the recipe is.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any recommendations for where to order the b6 p5p from guys? Preferably online
hmmm... Ebay? This one looks like exactly the same zinc brand as it's shown on page 1. cheap and the feedback is good
Edit: sorry, you are looking for b6...
Well, I will be buying B6 (p5p) soon too and it will be on ebay but exactly to whom Idk

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
if no rising there could still be zix residue from the night before applying the minoxidil no ?

According to @JWM2 - his friend would only wait 5 mins and has been experiencing really good results for many years (over a decade like me) - in your case, waiting 12 hours is another league of not having to worry. I seriously dont think it'll have any impact, and besides, because you are on minoxidil, the only thing zix should do is reduce shedding. If for whatever reason you notice any change in shedding for the worse, just stop and you'll be back to baseline in no time.