My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New to this thread. 21 y/o been aggressively balding (with miserable itchy, red, dandruff scalp) since first year of university, but buzzed it all down this year. Even buzzed, I'd prefer to slow the process and also improve the condition of my scalp. Nizoral totally failed me, leaving me with an even redder scalp and more hair loss in a single month that I'd had all three previous years. I'm a college student on a minimal budget, what would be the cheapest way for me to formulate and try zix?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from zinc sulphate monohydrated to heptahydrated and it seem alot more efficient, will tell if the itchy/inflamation is still gone in a week, wasnt completely gone with zin sulphate monohydrated

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from zinc sulphate monohydrated to heptahydrated and it seem alot more efficient, will tell if the itchy/inflamation is still gone in a week, wasnt completely gone with zin sulphate monohydrated

Please let me know, i have no clue what the difference is. If u have any insight, please let me know .

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When i was applying the monohydrated form it was a bit itchy!! The hepta form is so much more soft to the scalp

Youngbalder96

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm,

Long time lurker on this thread! So I've read the first few pages and the last few pages as well on this thread and it's pretty confusing.

What exactly is your zix formulation? Earlier you said you were just doing 3- 50mg zinc capsules, but recently you're considering adding back the B6. So what's the ratio? How many B6 pils(and how many mg's per pill) and how many zinc pills pills? Amount of distilled water and alcohol?

I've been using super zix 2 for a while but I don't think it's doing much so I wanted to switch over to your formula. Looking forward to your response !

Thanks a million!!

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you drop B6 in the first place? Is it just an experiment since you've been on the more traditional Zix for so long? I'm about to make another batch and I'll be adding B6 again.

I only tried the traditional formula once, but personally it seemed more effective than the formulation without B6.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you drop B6 in the first place? Is it just an experiment since you've been on the more traditional Zix for so long? I'm about to make another batch and I'll be adding B6 again.

I only tried the traditional formula once, but personally it seemed more effective than the formulation without B6.

yeah, it was an experiment. It's hard for me to tell what the difference is. Sometimes I barely shed, other days I shed more. I have receded a touch, but feel my crown looks better (hard to really tell what's happening which I guess is a good thing), and so Im considered adding back the B6, and think I will do so in the next batch.

What is your experience between the two?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm,

Long time lurker on this thread! So I've read the first few pages and the last few pages as well on this thread and it's pretty confusing.

What exactly is your zix formulation? Earlier you said you were just doing 3- 50mg zinc capsules, but recently you're considering adding back the B6. So what's the ratio? How many B6 pils(and how many mg's per pill) and how many zinc pills pills? Amount of distilled water and alcohol?

I've been using super zix 2 for a while but I don't think it's doing much so I wanted to switch over to your formula. Looking forward to your response !

Thanks a million!!

Please read the 1st page for full instructions - it's 3 x220mgs zinc sulphate + 150 mgs of b6 p5p in 45 mls distilled water + 15mls ethyl alcohol 70%.

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, it was an experiment. It's hard for me to tell what the difference is. Sometimes I barely shed, other days I shed more. I have receded a touch, but feel my crown looks better (hard to really tell what's happening which I guess is a good thing), and so Im considered adding back the B6, and think I will do so in the next batch.

What is your experience between the two?

Well regardless of whether or not B6 is in the formula, the hair definitely thickens up. Probably due more to the alcohol but Zinc could have a role in that too.

I'll get back to you on which formula I prefer.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me awhile to notice, but the B6 supplement you suggested on the first page is mainly composed of calcium.

103 mg Calcium (tricalcium phosphate)
20 mg B6 (p5p)

Eliminating that extra calcium from the formula seems like a good idea for me so I'll be using this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BI2M3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_k.ZPAbT125SJ4

For the next batch.

by no means do i claim to have the answers, those could definitely be better than my brand. I initially got that brand from Joe on his zix site, he has since changed the brand of b6 he uses. Yours looks like high quality b6.

Please I encourage people to try different things, but if you start shedding etc, deviating from what I recommend, I will also say you're not following "my formula", so I cant endorse it at the same time. However if you find you're having even better results, we welcome the advice... :)

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
by no means do i claim to have the answers, those could definitely be better than my brand. I initially got that brand from Joe on his zix site, he has since changed the brand of b6 he uses. Yours looks like high quality b6.

Please I encourage people to try different things, but if you start shedding etc, deviating from what I recommend, I will also say you're not following "my formula", so I cant endorse it at the same time. However if you find you're having even better results, we welcome the advice... :)

Just wanted to emphasize that your current formula has seemed to work well for me. I'll give an update if I notice any difference with pure p5p... probably a month from now.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to emphasize that your current formula has seemed to work well for me. I'll give an update if I notice any difference with pure p5p... probably a month from now.

Not sure if I asked, but what benefits have you noticed?

JimShoe

Reaction score
I started using zinc sulphate, 95% ethanol alcohol, distilled water with propylene glycol thrown in. This appears to thicken your hair but I just started using it so I don't know if it will stop actual hair loss. I think I put too much on today it made me feel drowsy. Is this possible?

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score

My hair definitely gets thicker and generally looks better with both your original formula of Zix and the modified version without p5p.

Hard to say if Zix has helped with hair loss because I started using Ketoconazole around the same time. As far as hair loss goes, the number has gone down but I'm still losing a decent amount of hair; like I'm at an equilibrium at the moment.

If I don't notice more improvement a month or two from now, I'll probably try micro dosing finasteride to see how I react to it.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you ever tried topical zinc with minoxidil (not at the same time) But lets say 1ml zinc at night and 1 ml minoxidil in the morning ? Or this is really impossible as a lot of people say