My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is always a bit red, not too much. And sometimes it's a bit itchy, not everyday though.

Alright, it should be helpful. I had a crazy itchy and red and inflamed scalp. Zix changed my life and nixed the itching. I think that was helpful in slowing the balding process.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm What are side effects of zix?

I was on finasteride for 7 years and had every side effect, I still managed to live with it, but my life without finasteride is night and day better. I can't say I have any sides on zix whatsoever .

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, it's incredible to see you after all these years helping other people. I mean you can literally find threads dated back to 2006 where you talk about zix. We are in 2018 and you ' re still here. But what I don't understand is this mysterious aura zix irradiates. It's really strange. If you google zix, you actually find very little information, mostly by people from 2003 (!). The general consensus is that this stuff works, but why is zix so unpopular, despite being cheap and having no side effects ? Also all these unanswered questions are really frustrating. Some people claim that minoxidil doesn't work with zix, others say zix doesn't interfere with minoxidil and other people say that too much zinc can lead to a worsening of the situation in the long run. Nobody knows if this is true, and sadly the fact that zix worked so well for you, worm, after all these years, doesn't show nothing but the fact that you respond incredibly well to zix, just like some lucky people who can maintain their hair by nizoral alone. However this unpopularity makes me wonder if there's some truth behind these conspiracy theories... I'm going to start with zix this week hopefully, if it works I will promote it in order to help other people, just like you did

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, it should be helpful. I had a crazy itchy and red and inflamed scalp. Zix changed my life and nixed the itching. I think that was helpful in slowing the balding process.

Then I’ll stick to it. I’m applying everyday and I hope at least to keep what I have right now. To what extent did you notice that your hairloss was slowing? For example in 1 or 2 years your hair was pretty much the same?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, it's incredible to see you after all these years helping other people. I mean you can literally find threads dated back to 2006 where you talk about zix. We are in 2018 and you ' re still here. But what I don't understand is this mysterious aura zix irradiates. It's really strange. If you google zix, you actually find very little information, mostly by people from 2003 (!). The general consensus is that this stuff works, but why is zix so unpopular, despite being cheap and having no side effects ? Also all these unanswered questions are really frustrating. Some people claim that minoxidil doesn't work with zix, others say zix doesn't interfere with minoxidil and other people say that too much zinc can lead to a worsening of the situation in the long run. Nobody knows if this is true, and sadly the fact that zix worked so well for you, worm, after all these years, doesn't show nothing but the fact that you respond incredibly well to zix, just like some lucky people who can maintain their hair by nizoral alone. However this unpopularity makes me wonder if there's some truth behind these conspiracy theories... I'm going to start with zix this week hopefully, if it works I will promote it in order to help other people, just like you did

The zix and minoxidil is heresay from one study, everyone ive read who has used both has reported benefits - @JWM2 can attest to that.

I think the thing with zix is that people just stop using it because it's a pain in the *** to apply it 1-2x day (just like minoxidil), and those who continue, are too busy with their lives to bother posting. Personally I enjoy posting, and ive been pretty determined to keep using zix as I respond super well to it.

Cheers and good luck!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then I’ll stick to it. I’m applying everyday and I hope at least to keep what I have right now. To what extent did you notice that your hairloss was slowing? For example in 1 or 2 years your hair was pretty much the same?

It slowed dramatically, id say my hair was close to the same after 1-2 years. If however I compare my hair now to what it was 13 years ago, it's been a super slow decline, and it's not as thick and my hairline has indeed creeped back - but for my age, I have good hair = im happy.

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you tell what's the MAIN difference from taking zinc orally? I've been diagnosed with some defficiency (5 years of eating trash food, pasta, chips everyday :D - student life).

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you tell what's the MAIN difference from taking zinc orally? I've been diagnosed with some defficiency (5 years of eating trash food, pasta, chips everyday :D - student life).

Well that's an interesting thing you shared. My dermatologist told me to take zinc about 20 years ago. It really helped with my itchy red scalp and the shedding went down a tick. Ultimately though, zix was what came through for me .

INT

Reaction score
It slowed dramatically, id say my hair was close to the same after 1-2 years. If however I compare my hair now to what it was 13 years ago, it's been a super slow decline, and it's not as thick and my hairline has indeed creeped back - but for my age, I have good hair = im happy.

It only slowed it down? Didn't you have any thickening (besides the cosmetic thickening effect)?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It only slowed it down? Didn't you have any thickening (besides the cosmetic thickening effect)?

Well when the shedding decreased dramatocally my hair thickened up. From there and slowly over 14 years or so I've been losing ground at a snails pace. I don't think I'll ever need to worry about going bald.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
Well when the shedding decreased dramatocally my hair thickened up. From there and slowly over 14 years or so I've been losing ground at a snails pace. I don't think I'll ever need to worry about going bald.

Just to be clear, so you at some point you were above pre-zix baseline?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to be clear, so you at some point you were above pre-zix baseline?
Yes. but this is more about maintenance. I suggest you add minoxidil if you want a lot more of a boost. so something like - minoxidil in the morning, zix at night.

Reactions: INT

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this sound right to you @worm ?

One batch:
  • 3x Zinc capsules (50mg per capsule)
  • 45ml distilled water
  • 15ml ethyl alcohol
And lets say 3ml per application -> 20 uses per batch

Do these numbers line up with your experience?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this sound right to you @worm ?

One batch:
  • 3x Zinc capsules (50mg per capsule)
  • 45ml distilled water
  • 15ml ethyl alcohol
And lets say 3ml per application -> 20 uses per batch

Do these numbers line up with your experience?

That's about right, I go through a bottle every 15/18 days.