My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
im on 3 zinc capsules in 60 mls distilled water for 3 days now i feel like my scalp is so dry and kinda not helping with the hairloss

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using finasteride and min for a while now, no success, I want to try zix, where do I start?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using finasteride and min for a while now, no success, I want to try zix, where do I start?

3 capsules of zinc sulphate in 45mls distilled water and 15mls ethyl alcohol .

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 capsules of zinc sulphate in 45mls distilled water and 15mls ethyl alcohol .

How about this for the zinc??

6DL4lPE.png

I can pick up distilled water from the store.

I have 190 grain alcohol, is that good enough?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
195 grain is 95% alcohol, also known as brand Everclear. That'll work just dilute it down another quarter.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Three questions:
- are you guys still using P5P in the formula?
- how long do you let it on your scalp? I could use it in the morning and let it for 1 hour before going to work, and monoxidil in the evening. Would it be enough?
- wouldnt also adding azelaic acid to the mix be good? I found this webpage talking about a study with a very close recipr to zix https://www.hairIossrevolution.com/azelaic-acid/

Thank you

Last edited:

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Three questions:
- how long do you let it on your scalp? I could use it in the morning and let it for 1 hour before going to work, and monoxidil in the evening. Would it be enough?
- wouldnt also adding azelaic acid to the mix be good? I found this webpage talking about a study with a very close recipr to zix https://www.hairIossrevolution.com/azelaic-acid/

Thank you
I don't use Zix but I try to answer some questions.
1) You absolutely need P5P
2)What do you mean? You could just apply it when your hair is dry after shower, there's no need to wait. Worm said you can apply zix in the morning and minoxidil in the evening, so yeah, try it
3)I don't know about that, I would also like to know the answer

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, I have some questions again
1) What can I use instead of the minoxidil bottles or where do I buy them cheaply?
2) Do I have to keep it in the fridge?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Three questions:

Thank you

@Aliens

1) contrary to what timii said, I find zinc alone is proving to be just as,if not more effective than with b6. It obviously contradicts the zix theory, but hey, I'm just reporting what's working for me.

2) you apply it in the morning and let it dry on your scalp like minoxidil. I suspect there is no issue by using minoxidil at night .

3) realizing azelaic is supposed to make zix (with b6) more effective, I tried adding it a couple years back. I found my hair started shedding quite a lot. When I stopped using azelaic in combination the shedding decreased . My thinking is that azelaic for whatever reason does not work, at least for me that is .

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, I have some questions again
1) What can I use instead of the minoxidil bottles or where do I buy them cheaply?
2) Do I have to keep it in the fridge?

1) use an travel empty bottle for shampoo,I buy mine at the dollar store, but you can find some at the pharmacy too .

2) no, I do not refrigerate mine .

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) use an travel empty bottle for shampoo,I buy mine at the dollar store, but you can find some at the pharmacy too .

2) no, I do not refrigerate mine .
Something like this?
0347755_l.jpg

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I'm going to restart the regimen but using 2 capsules of zinc and the distilled water. I've recently had a haircut and the hair in the crown is pretty bad, do you think I can "survive", I don't know for maybe 1 or 2 years, till something new arrives? I know we're always waiting for something that seems not to come but I was hoping that zix could at least give me maintenance. If my crown gets just a bit worse it will be too late.

My crown is way better than the photo in the left but I think in a year and a half or so I would be exactly at that stage:

Belgravia-Centre-Hair-Loss-Successful-Treatment-Pictures-Male-Pattern-Baldness2.png

I know we can't be sure but the only thing I want to know is if there's a possibility of keeping part of my hair till something arrives.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I'm going to restart the regimen but using 2 capsules of zinc and the distilled water. I've recently had a haircut and the hair in the crown is pretty bad, do you think I can "survive", I don't know for maybe 1 or 2 years, till something new arrives? I know we're always waiting for something that seems not to come but I was hoping that zix could at least give me maintenance. If my crown gets just a bit worse it will be too late.

My crown is way better than the photo in the left but I think in a year and a half or so I would be exactly at that stage:

View attachment 78331

I know we can't be sure but the only thing I want to know is if there's a possibility of keeping part of my hair till something arrives.

How is your scalp ? Is it itchy,red or inflamed ?