My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

al_notbaldyet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I’ve been happily and successfully on anti-depressants for many years now and don’t want to use any of the big 3. Bought all the stuff. I’m 38 and for the past 10 years I’ve been moving very slowly towards a 4 on the Norwood scale. I have a thinning spot on the back of my head and 2 spots starting to thin a bit on the top left and right of my head.

- Do I use 1ml on each area or 2ml on each area?
- I’m also starting to use the Tricomin spray. I assume I spray that on after I apply the concoction?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine is cloudy white after shaking because as worm said, it doesn't completely dissolve. I used zinc only, no B6.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Made my first batch with just zinc. It looks a bit weird, it is completely see through and lost all of it's yellow color. Is this normal?
Yes, it's a whitish opaque color

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think I have lost ground - can't tell if this is working or not. My hair does feel thicker after applying zix and letting it dry.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I crush it with little water and keep adding water and mix it untill i have the right amount of water and it totaly dissolve?? Take times to crush and make it dissolve but i succeed everytime

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I crush it with little water and keep adding water and mix it untill i have the right amount of water and it totaly dissolve?? Take times to crush and make it dissolve but i succeed everytime

Not with the zinc, it comes in capsules so you just dump it into the container, add the ethyl alcohol, let it dissolve, add water, and bang a few hour later you're in business.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your shedding situation again (before and after)?

I have never usually shedded a lot of hair.

I seem to be shedding the same amount after zix, where my hair looks thicker after applying it - wondering if this is a cosmetic effect.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never usually shedded a lot of hair.

I seem to be shedding the same amount after zix, where my hair looks thicker after applying it - wondering if this is a cosmetic effect.

That's a tough one, be sure you don't notice much in the way of shedding changes be sure you don't shed much to begin with . I think you'll only be able to tell after a year or so . At the very least it works as a super inexpensive thickener/styling agent, however I suspect it'll do more and maintain your existing hair .

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I am curious I might have found a lotion pre made similar to zix.
It is this product (in french):
https://www.ducray.com/fr-fr/squanorm/squanorm-lotion-antipelliculaire-au-zinc

What do you think?

I wonder what Keluamid is. But the effect is the zinc so why pay when you can make it cheaper in mass quantity.
  • Keluamid
  • Sulfate de zinc
  • Base hydro-alcoolique
Formule détaillée (INCI)
WATER (AQUA),SD ALCOHOL 39-C (ALCOHOL DENAT), LACTAMIDE MEA,ZINC SULFATE,SODIUM HYDROXIDE

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what Keluamid is. But the effect is the zinc so why pay when you can make it cheaper in mass quantity.
  • Keluamid
  • Sulfate de zinc
  • Base hydro-alcoolique
Formule détaillée (INCI)
WATER (AQUA),SD ALCOHOL 39-C (ALCOHOL DENAT), LACTAMIDE MEA,ZINC SULFATE,SODIUM HYDROXIDE

Interesting .It appears to be an anti dandruff and itching lotion. It seems to be in principle the same as our formula, without the b6, which I've currently abandoned myself. I think the idea is to reduce inflammation in the scalp to allow the hair to grow normally. Like @Trichosan said, it's much cheaper to make it yourself .

bryanaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible the use any other kind of zinc? I can't find zinc sulfate anywhere in the Netherlands.

EDIT: Ok never mind I found one who ships to the Netherlands. How much do you apply everytime?

Thanks!

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible the use any other kind of zinc? I can't find zinc sulfate anywhere in the Netherlands.

EDIT: Ok never mind I found one who ships to the Netherlands. How much do you apply everytime?

Thanks!

Yeah just look in the past 2-3 pages, I posted the link to the one I use . Believe it's from Amazon otherwise it's eBay .

I apply 2-3mls 1-2 times daily. I have longer hair, so if you have shorter then you'll likely need less.