My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
what are you looking for?

If it's just classic zix (my version), I just buy my ingredients straight from Amazon. See the links I posted on the first page.

shookwun

Reaction score
b6 and zinc

tenor.gif

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using regenepure? That's a ketokonazole shampoo right? If so, I must say that I do not react well to any keto shampoos and get similar symptoms, including feeling super out of it. It could be its the interaction of the two, now that you mention it. How often do you use the shampoo?

Could you try taking a week off regenepure and see how you feel?

Also, what kind of zinc are you using? Are you sure it's zinc sulfate? Can you post a picture of the label?
Thanks for the response!

Yes it's the keto shampoo, but it's definitely not the reason for my increased heart rate. I've been using it for the last 3 months or so, 3 times a week and never had any issues. When I tried minoxidil before it gave me heart palpitations straightaway. The same with S5 cream and Zix. I'll try to stay off the keto and zix for a bit and then try zix only.

The thing is that right after the application my heart bate gets considerably stronger and faster, so I think it's just the ingredients getting into the bloodstream...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

Yes it's the keto shampoo, but it's definitely not the reason for my increased heart rate. I've been using it for the last 3 months or so, 3 times a week and never had any issues. When I tried minoxidil before it gave me heart palpitations straightaway. The same with S5 cream and Zix. I'll try to stay off the keto and zix for a bit and then try zix only.

The thing is that right after the application my heart bate gets considerably stronger and faster, so I think it's just the ingredients getting into the bloodstream...

It sounds identical to my experience. Your post really got me thinking, Im under the impression the more I think about it, that the interaction between zix and keto is the cause the palpitations. Try not using Keto for a couple weeks in exchange for head and shoulders. I know H&S has shown to decrease shedding, so it's a good alternative.

INT

Reaction score
Worm have you ever considered derma rolling?

Just ordered my derma roller. Hopefully this will lead to improved effectiveness of Zix:)

INT

Reaction score
My plan:

- experiment for 3-4 months with Zix and dermarolling (1.5 mm once per week)

- add minoxidil depending on the effectiveness of Zix. Will apply minoxidil in the morning and zix in the evening.

- assess effectiveness for another 3-4 months and by that time there hopefully is some news on Brotuzu lotion

evilgenius

Reaction score
My plan:

- add minoxidil depending on the effectiveness of Zix. Will apply minoxidil in the morning and zix in the evening.

- assess effectiveness for another 3-4 months and by that time there hopefully is some news on Brotuzu lotion
Apparently I already had an account, forgot. But this sounds good man. I was thinking about doing the same routine. Read some good stuff on dermarolling again (I knew it worked but there is more evidence now). I don't want to go for finasteride as I already have gyno from puberty. Not much at all but I'd rather not have it worse.

Going to buy the zix ingredients and minoxidil, will try rolling later. I'll definitely come back later with results. Going to shave my head now, take pics, wait a week for it to grow, take pics and then start with the routine. I'll keep making pics and will make sure they are consistent (I'm a perfectionist and photographer so lighting won't be a problem).

Good luck man.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, can you recall anybody in this thread or otherwise using topical zinc and experiencing low libido similar to say, finasteride?

I think maybe one person, but not sure, why? Personally I took finasteride for 7.5 years and it killed my libido. Nowadays, some 13 years later, I'm better than pre finasteride, but I also attribute it to drinking less, and supplementing a bit of zinc internally (I blv its important to keep copper and zinc in balance I recently discovered) .

I can also say that I blv that keto shampoos and zix likely don't mix, when Ive used nizoral and lipogaine, my sex drive all but disappears, along with my ability to get it up. So if you're using both I suggest dropping the shampoo for at least 2 weeks to see the difference.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently I already had an account, forgot. But this sounds good man. I was thinking about doing the same routine. Read some good stuff on dermarolling again (I knew it worked but there is more evidence now). I don't want to go for finasteride as I already have gyno from puberty. Not much at all but I'd rather not have it worse.

Going to buy the zix ingredients and minoxidil, will try rolling later. I'll definitely come back later with results. Going to shave my head now, take pics, wait a week for it to grow, take pics and then start with the routine. I'll keep making pics and will make sure they are consistent (I'm a perfectionist and photographer so lighting won't be a problem).

Good luck man.

Please do!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My plan:

Can't wait to hear about your results. In the meantime, I too am more optimistic about Brotzu, I think it could be more effective at regrowing hair, but it's all speculation...

Flowsome

My Regimen
Reaction score
Super interesting, especially since Zinc has found its way into some pharma-backed hair loss solutions – think Hair Mass by L'Oreal (which is way overpriced, btw). I also think of the study, "Diffuse alopecia in a child due to dietary zinc deficiency", though it is anecdotal.

I wonder if zinc has ever been studied as a stand-alone treatment? I can't seem to find any studies online

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear about your results. In the meantime, I too am more optimistic about Brotzu, I think it could be more effective at regrowing hair, but it's all speculation...
Na you're right about Brotzu but we probably won't have it for a long *** time.

INT

Reaction score
First six days on Zix.

I have long hair curly which I have kind of neglected for the last year (putting it in a bun makes me actually look less thinning but is quite damaging for my hair). I bought a hair masque on the same day as I started with Zix and I can honestly say that my hair has not looked this good for maybe an entire year. Obivously, this is not due to Zix already making my hair thicker but I definitely think that I see a cosmetic improvement.

Shedding is also way less but I am 80% sure that this is due to the fact that I removed 90% of my knots and tangled hairs with the masque. I guess a lot of the hairs I found in the drain before were there because of the knots and the tangles I had.

Saturday hair cut time, actually looking forward to it!

mowingdown

Reaction score

Hey worm is there a specific page with photos (before i ask for some) in this thread?