My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are going to use Zix with minoxidil you may want to read this . Its from Joe ( The creator of Zix ) .

I do not believe it should be used in conjunction with minoxidil. I believe the small amount of zinc residue left on the scalp will tend to ruin the minoxidil you might be applying later in the day. The only exception would be if you apply your minoxidil to a clean scalp. Then wait 2 hours later and Super Zix II. However you would still have the same problem 12 hours later when it’s time for your second minoxidil application. Unless you are willing to shower twice per day you could only get away with one minoxidil application if you insists on using Super Zix II. For this reason, I usually advise people who want to continue with minoxidil, to instead just purchase the Hair muck. This you can simply add to a fresh bottle of minoxidil and apply it twice per day. Another alternative is to use the Super Zix II only once per day. Apply it two hours after your last application for the day of your minoxidil.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont mean to burst your bubble, but it says folate on that bottle, which is b12. you should be using b6 p5p. am i mistaking something here?
Oh noo...so much for me saying ebay was straightforward. Glad you spotted this, checked my purchase history and i did order P5p B6 but they've sent me the wrong thing! :/

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are going to use Zix with minoxidil you may want to read this . Its from Joe ( The creator of Zix ) .

I do not believe it should be used in conjunction with minoxidil. I believe the small amount of zinc residue left on the scalp will tend to ruin the minoxidil you might be applying later in the day. The only exception would be if you apply your minoxidil to a clean scalp. Then wait 2 hours later and Super Zix II. However you would still have the same problem 12 hours later when it’s time for your second minoxidil application. Unless you are willing to shower twice per day you could only get away with one minoxidil application if you insists on using Super Zix II. For this reason, I usually advise people who want to continue with minoxidil, to instead just purchase the Hair muck. This you can simply add to a fresh bottle of minoxidil and apply it twice per day. Another alternative is to use the Super Zix II only once per day. Apply it two hours after your last application for the day of your minoxidil.

@cloudsanrain Yes, I've been steering clear of minoxidil for the past 12 years because of his advice. That said, lipogaine uses zinc in their minoxidil, and they recommend using revivogen in conjunction with minoxidil as well. Furthermore, If you look at the links I posted, there are accounts from JWM and from another user, of people who use them together and have enhanced results than one or the other alone.

Not to mention, I have never heard that using head and shoulders and minoxidil causes problems, which has zinc as it's active ingredient.

So while I have been heeding this advice for over a decade, practical application doesnt seem to hold true from people who mix the two, meaning they seem to work synergistically. That's why I've been recommending it as of late.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh noo...so much for me saying ebay was straightforward. Glad you spotted this, checked my purchase history and i did order P5p B6 but they've sent me the wrong thing! :/

Well Ive ordered from ebay before and received wrong item, I wrote the seller and they corrected the order. It is their mixup, and I do believe they are under some kind of obligation to remedy their mistake.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Ive ordered from ebay before and received wrong item, I wrote the seller and they corrected the order. It is their mixup, and I do believe they are under some kind of obligation to remedy their mistake.
You're totally right, one good thing with ebay is you're covered in case of non-delivery or item not as described. Will send the seller a message now but what a shame I was really looking forward to getting started on Zix this weekend :/ Oh well guess a cpl more days wont hurt...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're totally right, one good thing with ebay is you're covered in case of non-delivery or item not as described. Will send the seller a message now but what a shame I was really looking forward to getting started on Zix this weekend :/ Oh well guess a cpl more days wont hurt...

Just to qualify everything I've claimed so far about zix, this is a preventative treatment, and imo slows the male pattern baldness process to a fraction of what i would be. It reduced my shedding dramatically, but I have lost density, 1/2-3/4 inch of my hairline, and 1 full Norwood over 12 years since I started using it. While not a miracle, I think for an alternative treatment without any sides it's close to it.

I suspect with the combination of minoxidil, it could be an indefinite solution. But I dont know, because Ive never tried it.

whoken

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if one could just use minoxidil to get some regrowth, then stop taking it and apply zinx for maintenance of the regrown hair.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if one could just use minoxidil to get some regrowth, then stop taking it and apply zinx for maintenance of the regrown hair.

No that won't work. I went from that same situation, I definitely lost hair from that baseline. I went from a super charged minoxidil blend, where I had unbelievable growth, however serious sides, to zix. Zix stopped the shedding but over 12 years I've been slowly losing. At this rate, I'll probably only lose my hair in 25 years. That said, I suspect a better solution will exist in less than 5 years.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick question......will 95% ethyl alcohol work too? Thanks!

I dont believe it will, Joe, when he created the mixture really insisted on the 70% ethyl alcohol, saying it does not work otherwise. HOWEVER, if you cannot find any, you can just mix it with 100% distilled water. I dont think it absorbs as well, but it does still work (possibly less). When Joe was formulating everything, I seem to recall ethyl alcohol wasnt in the mix until a few months later. It still worked for me, it's not essential however I would try to get some.

So is it 2 pills of zinc ? In 1 formula

Yes, 2x220mgs. That said Im experimenting with 3x220mgs. I havent made up my mind quite yet, but im under the impression the 3x 220mgs is more effective. I seem to be shedding less (about 33% less in the shower) over the past few days after introducing 3x220mgs about 12 days ago. It really creates a dillemma for me, as I just bought some new zinc, but may hold off another two weeks to assess the effectiveness of using 3x220 of the old stuff.

Short story, try 2x220mgs, and I'll update everyone on my experiment in 2 weeks.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, try without if you cant find it, it should help. I remember the itch used to drive me insane, it's all but completely gone now.

hey worm when you wernt using any hair loss products, how often did you get the itch?

also not to derail you thread, but what are your thoughts about the all the latest chatter in the new tech section? you excited about the next few years?

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference between 95% and 70% alcohol is the percentage of ethyl alcohol. The other 5% or 30% is distilled water. So if you just add more distilled water and less ethyl alcohol to the solution, the end result will be similar right?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey worm when you wernt using any hair loss products, how often did you get the itch?

also not to derail you thread, but what are your thoughts about the all the latest chatter in the new tech section? you excited about the next few years?

I had chronic itch, red and swollen. It felt like my scalp was oozing (thick sebum), which whatever it was would dry into yellowish crust. Taking zinc internally helped that. But ultimately zix really did the trick for me.

Im not really sure what to make of the new tech, Brotzu seems like it could be the solution for me. I could use a bit more density and I'd love to regain 1.5cms of my hairline, I think 3cms would be my teenage hairline. Not sure what brotzu could do for hairlines, but a little strengthening would be a nice start. Ultimately, all the tech seems to be moving towards lasting solutions, but i'd rather regain a good portion of it back using only a lotion, as I have no interest in spending thousands to look like a hair god. Those days are behind me. :)

On a side note, Im now in possession of 6 months of minoxidil. I still have about a month of zix experimenting before i consider using it. It's the committment, the extra work, and the fear of messing up something that already works.... I have confidence it would, especially given my experience in the past, however what if... :)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference between 95% and 70% alcohol is the percentage of ethyl alcohol. The other 5% or 30% is distilled water. So if you just add more distilled water and less ethyl alcohol to the solution, the end result will be similar right?

In this link - http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_7.htm Joe doesnt use ethyl alcohol for the original zix. My mix is different being 2x220 + 7 x20mgs tabs of b6, in only a 2oz container - so double the concentration of b6 and 4x of zinc. I add 70% ethyl alcohol for absorption.

Here, he uses 70% ethyl alcohol http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_10.htm - read for some insight.

Ultimately, I think your reasoning seems sound, and I dont see why it wouldnt work especially since concentrations are a function of dilution. BUT I dont know in the end. What I recommend, is 1) try making your zix without ethyl alcohol, see how that goes for a month. If it is going well and you want improved results or not well enough, I would experiment with adding 20% volume of your 95% ethyl alcohol to your second months mix, and evaluate the difference in results.

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
soooo this is kind of unrelated but since starting zix and supplementing with a little oral zinc for the past few weeks i've noticed my erections are a good deal stronger. No real increase in libido but damn.... its nice. Not sure if zinc is the reason or not. Wasnt sure if it was just in my head till my girl said something.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had chronic itch, red and swollen. It felt like my scalp was oozing (thick sebum), which whatever it was would dry into yellowish crust. Taking zinc internally helped that. But ultimately zix really did the trick for me.

sounds f*****g awful. i would get the itch every now and then but it was never that bad.

only asked because maybe theres a correlation between how often/bad the itching is and how fast/aggressive you lose your hair.

you say you had chronic itching which zix fixed. and once your off it you shed immediately. for me, i used to get the itch every so often (dont anymore since quitting finasteride and had my hormones fucked with) and my hairloss has been fairly slow and consistent.

Im not really sure what to make of the new tech, Brotzu seems like it could be the solution for me. I could use a bit more density and I'd love to regain 1.5cms of my hairline, I think 3cms would be my teenage hairline. Not sure what brotzu could do for hairlines, but a little strengthening would be a nice start. Ultimately, all the tech seems to be moving towards lasting solutions, but i'd rather regain a good portion of it back using only a lotion, as I have no interest in spending thousands to look like a hair god. Those days are behind me. :)

you already have the hair of a god lol. compared to most here anyway. i know what your saying about not needing perfect hair. but to me id love to not have the hassle of applying f*****g topicals everyday. id pay the extra money just for that. gimme a few injections or whatever a few times a year any day.

On a side note, Im now in possession of 6 months of minoxidil. I still have about a month of zix experimenting before i consider using it. It's the committment, the extra work, and the fear of messing up something that already works.... I have confidence it would, especially given my experience in the past, however what if... :)

why not, could give you that extra boost until something better comes along.

the extra work is a motherfucker tho. i dont know how these guys who apply 5 topicals a day do it

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
soooo this is kind of unrelated but since starting zix and supplementing with a little oral zinc for the past few weeks i've noticed my erections are a good deal stronger. No real increase in libido but damn.... its nice. Not sure if zinc is the reason or not. Wasnt sure if it was just in my head till my girl said something.

YES!!! Thank you, I was suggesting that zinc could do this in @David_MPN 's no fap thread and got told by a couple pro-pharma enthusiasts that I was full of sh*t. It's so stupid, because I have nothing to gain by sharing what works for me. Personally and maybe TMI, but given the anonyminity of forums, I went from average to girthy and really filled out. My past two girlfriends have said im quite big (almost too much), which has corresponded with my use of zinc picolinate. It's been a big boost in strength, size and libido. It may sound rediculous, but I walk around with more confidence and poise as I feel like im carrying a loaded weapon (that brings pleasure ofc). ;)

Im happy to finally have someone else finally give it a go!