My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
YES!!! Thank you, I was suggesting that zinc could do this in @David_MPN 's no fap thread and got told by a couple pro-pharma enthusiasts that I was full of sh*t. It's so stupid, because I have nothing to gain by sharing what works for me. Personally and maybe TMI, but given the anonyminity of forums, I went from average to girthy and really filled out. My past two girlfriends have said im quite big (almost too much), which has corresponded with my use of zinc picolinate. It's been a big boost in strength, size and libido. It may sound rediculous, but I walk around with more confidence and poise as I feel like im carrying a loaded weapon (that brings pleasure ofc). ;)

Im happy to finally have someone else finally give it a go!

I ordered the ingredients for Zix, but I bought nice clean powders from eBay and PureBulk since I didn't want to mess with pills.
It's really nice to actually have proper erections too. Finasteride and estrogen killed my boners and my libido.
Now, to actually find a way to have that AND keep hair simultaneously.
I am gonna use Zix with Alfatradiol though as I am throwing a lot at my hair loss so I don't lose any more ground.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds f*****g awful. i would get the itch every now and then but it was never that bad.

only asked because maybe theres a correlation between how often/bad the itching is and how fast/aggressive you lose your hair.

you say you had chronic itching which zix fixed. and once your off it you shed immediately. for me, i used to get the itch every so often (dont anymore since quitting finasteride and had my hormones fucked with) and my hairloss has been fairly slow and consistent.

I think there may be a correlation with itching and effectiveness, but I dont really chat with anyone who uses zix. I have no clue how many people use it. I dont see any on forums, but I suspect the vast majority of sufferers dont even come to forums. Maybe there are a few hundred of us out of 100's of millions who post, so I wouldn't expect to see any zix users post anything period. Not to mention, most people who post, post because sh*t aint going well, as opposed to sucess stories.

Needless to say, I think those who have itching may benefit more as they produce more dht containing sebum, but I cant say for sure. They say it reduces dht in your scalp, but by that same reasoning, maybe it works even better on those without itching as there is less dht containing sebum to eliminate....

I kind of agree with Joe this should be the first thing you try, if it doesnt work, then go onto something stronger like finasteride. People tend to use this as a last resort. These people are the people who dont respond to many treatments, so it could be they wont respond to this. Whereas those who do respond to other treatments may never give this a go, because they consider finasteride good enough even if it has sides.

you already have the hair of a god lol. compared to most here anyway. i know what your saying about not needing perfect hair. but to me id love to not have the hassle of applying f*****g topicals everyday. id pay the extra money just for that. gimme a few injections or whatever a few times a year any day.

I agree, using zix is hassle enough. But it's been 11/12 years, it's part of my routine. I still feel weird applying this in front of my gf, she already thinks that vitamins are placebo BS thanks to her parents, sis and bro in law being mds.

why not, could give you that extra boost until something better comes along.

the extra work is a motherfucker tho. i dont know how these guys who apply 5 topicals a day do it

Trust me the temptation is there. Concurrently I dont want to fix something that aint broke. Suppose I'll see. My 3 zinc pill experiment will be taking another 2 week evaluation. I am losing less hair the past 10 days, I dont want to start tinkering by adding other topicals too prematurely.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there may be a correlation with itching and effectiveness, but I dont really chat with anyone who uses zix. I have no clue how many people use it. I dont see any on forums, but I suspect the vast majority of sufferers dont even come to forums. Maybe there are a few hundred of us out of 100's of millions who post, so I wouldn't expect to see any zix users post anything period. Not to mention, most people who post, post because sh*t aint going well, as opposed to sucess stories.

Needless to say, I think those who have itching may benefit more as they produce more dht containing sebum, but I cant say for sure. They say it reduces dht in your scalp, but by that same reasoning, maybe it works even better on those without itching as there is less dht containing sebum to eliminate....

I kind of agree with Joe this should be the first thing you try, if it doesnt work, then go onto something stronger like finasteride. People tend to use this as a last resort. These people are the people who dont respond to many treatments, so it could be they wont respond to this. Whereas those who do respond to other treatments may never give this a go, because they consider finasteride good enough even if it has sides.

i wasnt talking specifically about zix in regards to the itching. just the itch in general. and a possible correlation between the amount of itching a guy gets vs the amount/how fast he loses the hair.

but yes, i wish i had read about zix a long time ago. and hair loss treatments in general.

hopefully a few guys here wil try it out and have some luck with it

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: the ebay seller sent me the correct one (P-5-P) yesterday. Good guy actually told me not to worry about returning the wrong item! I still offered to though but he's not come back to me. So I used Zix last night and this morning but it's not agreeing with me. I had a feeling this could happen as allergic to a lot of things, even natural :/ BUT It's not going to waste though as my flatmate (35, Norwood 2, not using anything else) wants to use it and did so this morning without any issues (needed to check if it was just me). Will get him to join and post his results on here , or if not then will update on his behalf. So far he is adamant its soothed his itchy scalp almost instantly. Good sign right? As for me....back to the drawing board :/

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far he is adamant its soothed his itchy scalp almost instantly. Good sign right?

Yes that's exactly what happened to me before the shedding subsided a couple weeks later.

I used Zix last night and this morning but it's not agreeing with me.

Sorry to hear, how is it not agreeing with you? Are you using b6, zinc, distilled water and ethyl alcohol? What I may suggest is using Joe's original zix recipe, which is much less concentrated and contains no ethyl alcohol. That's what I started with, and it had benefits with the itch almost immediately, and shedding decreased after about 10 days or so.

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's exactly what happened to me before the shedding subsided a couple weeks later.

Sorry to hear, how is it not agreeing with you? Are you using b6, zinc, distilled water and ethyl alcohol? What I may suggest is using Joe's original zix recipe, which is much less concentrated and contains no ethyl alcohol. That's what I started with, and it had benefits with the itch almost immediately, and shedding decreased after about 10 days or so.

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_7.htm
Then he's on the right track way-hay!

With me it could be the ethyl alcohol but then again many things make me react. It was redness/soreness within a few minutes. Will take a look at the original Zix recipe, might also try a process of elimination to see what the offending ingredient was. A decrease in shedding in just 10 days would be a god-send haha.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then he's on the right track way-hay!

With me it could be the ethyl alcohol but then again many things make me react. It was redness/soreness within a few minutes. Will take a look at the original Zix recipe, might also try a process of elimination to see what the offending ingredient was. A decrease in shedding in just 10 days would be a god-send haha.

Dont take it as absolute, 10 days is a rough idea, it might be a week, it might be 2. To be honest, this was almost 12 years ago, so the timing it took is a little fuzzy, but I remember it didnt take more than a few weeks. Point is dont give up prematurely. The most important is the b6 p5p, and zinc with distilled water. Try Joe's recipe, which is much less concentrated.

Also, please let me know how how your flat mate works out. It's always good to get feedback, what may work for one, may not for another, or may work miracles even still for others. It's just like finasteride, not everyone responds the same.

Cheer!

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's very true and with many things it wont be one size fits all kind of thing. Zix is something I have a good feeling about, even if it's not going to agree with me, I can tell it's something genuine and I've mentioned it in some of the other threads I've been on too :)

With flatmate sure thing! I don't think he has an account on here but will suggest he joins and updates you himself but if that doesn't pan out (I can only but try lol) then I will stop here every now and again and update everyone on his progress myself.

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started the zix treatment in combination with Rogaine. The first time I used it my head was itching, so I waited a little longer with using Rogaine to see if my itch dissapeared without Rogaine, and it seemed like it did. It could have been a coincidence of course, but it might be a good sign.

Only problem I seem to have is the sediment on the bottom of my bottle. I'm not sure if enough zinc and p6p is dissolved in the mix that I'm spraying on my head. More people having this problem, or solutions how to make sure all the zinc and p6p are being dissolved?

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm I just wanna say thanks for the help and advice and more importantly thanks for the replies..for me personally I would be going nuts with having to reply to everyone and you reply with essays to each person...hope zix works will be trying soon

bunchies

Reaction score
I've been using this stuff since 20 November or something like that, so a little over 2 months. So far so good I guess :).

This stuff is helpful for styling your hair, it feels more sturdy when the stuff has dried up.
I never got the crazy itch sensation you guys describe. I did occasionally get a tingling sensation on parts of my scalp. Usually when I was meditating, max like 2 times a day. It felt like one of my hairs was trying to wiggle out of my head or something. I don't really get those any more.
I do notice that my hair doesn't get that greasy any more. My hair used to get dog sh*t greasy after 2 days.

I have no idea if I'm shedding or had one, everything is pretty much the same I think. I do feel some little bumps where my hairline used to be but I think that's mostly my imagination. Will keep you guys updated when something happens.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started the zix treatment in combination with Rogaine. The first time I used it my head was itching, so I waited a little longer with using Rogaine to see if my itch dissapeared without Rogaine, and it seemed like it did. It could have been a coincidence of course, but it might be a good sign.

Only problem I seem to have is the sediment on the bottom of my bottle. I'm not sure if enough zinc and p6p is dissolved in the mix that I'm spraying on my head. More people having this problem, or solutions how to make sure all the zinc and p6p are being dissolved?

Kind of late here, so will make it quick.

Did you start both Rogaine and minoxidil at the same time?

Also how long do you wait between applying the two?

Sediment, does occur, especially if you use the same tabs I do, ecological formulas. Nevertheless I shake it and try and use my eye dropper to pick up some of the sediment when I apply it. I should also mention it's yellow... So don't be surprised.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm I just wanna say thanks for the help and advice and more importantly thanks for the replies..for me personally I would be going nuts with having to reply to everyone and you reply with essays to each person...hope zix works will be trying soon

My pleasure. Honestly I have Joe to thank, his concoction was there right when I came off finasteride and eventually minoxidil. I was losing a sh*t ton of hair, hundreds of hairs daily (2-300). I was freaking out. My head was itchy. It totally delivered, my scalp felt amazing, and about a week later the shedding was under 20 hair in the shower. What a crazy response, it got to the point where I thought I will never have to worry about hair loss. I have since thinned out in the past 12 years but I still have good hair at 39 which I am thankful for.

Anyhow it's the least I can do, I know how for most people hair loss ruins your self confidence and makes you obsess about your hair. I'd like people know about this as a legit option that avoid you having to take a pharmaceutical, which has a lot of possible sides. I also feel like I got to pay it forward as Joe's zix came to me when I needed it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using this stuff since 20 November or something like that, so a little over 2 months. So far so good I guess :).

This stuff is helpful for styling your hair, it feels more sturdy when the stuff has dried up.
I never got the crazy itch sensation you guys describe. I did occasionally get a tingling sensation on parts of my scalp. Usually when I was meditating, max like 2 times a day. It felt like one of my hairs was trying to wiggle out of my head or something. I don't really get those any more.
I do notice that my hair doesn't get that greasy any more. My hair used to get dog sh*t greasy after 2 days.

I have no idea if I'm shedding or had one, everything is pretty much the same I think. I do feel some little bumps where my hairline used to be but I think that's mostly my imagination. Will keep you guys updated when something happens.

Totally agree, part of the reason I use zix is because you can style your hair super well. I find it gives it a thicker texture. People have asked how I get my hair to look the way it does. I tell them the truth.

Zix works subtlely imo, you never know it's working, because it's not like you regrow hair, rather it just keep what you have. I think the addition of Rogaine as a complimentary treatment could have great effects.

Still working my way there. That's it for tonight. :)

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kind of late here, so will make it quick.

Did you start both Rogaine and minoxidil at the same time?

Also how long do you wait between applying the two?

Sediment, does occur, especially if you use the same tabs I do, ecological formulas. Nevertheless I shake it and try and use my eye dropper to pick up some of the sediment when I apply it. I should also mention it's yellow... So don't be surprised.

You mean Rogaine and Zix? Or whether Rogaine was the first minoxidil brand I used?

I use Rogaine for two months now. Feels good, but no real changes to note. I've used different brands of minoxidil before this, and nanoxidil because minoxidil isn't sold in the Netherlands anymore, but I think they didn't help that much.

Been using zix for three days now.

Yeah it's yellow. What i mean is, usually when there's sediment, this means the solution is either saturated, or the dissolving of the substances isn't going very smootly. Maybe adding less zinc and/or p6p, and then spraying more of the solution on your head will work better.

Anyway, it's not really a problem. It's not like it's costing to much to keep it this way. Just something I thought about.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean Rogaine and Zix? Or whether Rogaine was the first minoxidil brand I used?

I use Rogaine for two months now. Feels good, but no real changes to note. I've used different brands of minoxidil before this, and nanoxidil because minoxidil isn't sold in the Netherlands anymore, but I think they didn't help that much.

Been using zix for three days now.

Yeah it's yellow. What i mean is, usually when there's sediment, this means the solution is either saturated, or the dissolving of the substances isn't going very smootly. Maybe adding less zinc and/or p6p, and then spraying more of the solution on your head will work better.

Anyway, it's not really a problem. It's not like it's costing to much to keep it this way. Just something I thought about.

I meant rogaine. Interesting though, did you go through a minoxidil shed at any point over the past 2 months? How is your shedding in general?

I hear that you are supposed to wait at least 5 mins between applications, if you look at my link I posted (put it below for easy reference) there is someone who does this.

Lastly, I have always had lots of sediment at the bottom of my bottle, i shake it up before I insert my dropper. It's never caused me any issues.

+

Posts from another user on minoxidil

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=103129

QUOTE - FYI, many years ago I advised my friend to give zix a try (he didn't want to use finasteride) To this day he is still using it along with minoxidil, and his hair looks great. UNQUOTE

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/...d=59841&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

QUOTE Yup, my buddy uses Zix and since I last spoke to him (about 2 months ago I think) he still uses it. Applies Zix first, then applies minoxidil a few minutes later. He no longer uses alcohol in his Zix because he couldn't get Everclear anymore, so he just uses distilled water. Said it works just as well. He's about a NW2 but has diffuse thinning. Zix thickened his hair a bit and stopped further fallout. All three of his brothers and his father are pretty bald. He said he takes breaks from Zix from time to time out of laziness and says he starts to shed a lot when he does, even while still using minoxidil, so the zix obviously does something for him. UNQUOTE

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey worm i remember reading an old post over on hlh at around the time you were ready to give up finasteride because of the sides. i think you mentioned the lack of body hair you had during the time you took finasteride.

has your body hair now come through in the years since switching to zix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy claims success from 2005

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/ok-time-for-the-truth-about-the-zix-formula.17128/

QT

I have been using Zix and minoxidil for three months and within a very short space of time (i.e. couple of weeks), shedding completely stopped, I mean that I lose no hair in shower, when I rub my scalp, on the pillow etc I just wish that I tried the one product first as I do not know which one is doing its job, or even if it just stopped anyway due to some hair cycle. Zix also acts as an excellent cosmetic thickener and its so cheap to make.

UQT

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey worm i remember reading an old post over on hlh at around the time you were ready to give up finasteride because of the sides. i think you mentioned the lack of body hair you had during the time you took finasteride.

has your body hair now come through in the years since switching to zix?

Ha! This sounds like it's from 2003/04. Is that from your memory or you re-read it? Im 39 now, I have always had leg and chest hair but I dont have much chest hair. Over the years it has come in somewhat but it's still relatively non existent.

To fill others in, I started finasteride at 20, and I dont think I had finished developing puberty wise at that age. I took it for 7.5 years, and even until this day I still havent developed a full amount of facial hair, it's rather patchy. I do think it has affected me, but at this point I am doing just fine with or without this extra body hair.

The one thing I remember, when I started balding, I was also losing leg hair, so it could be that the finasteride didnt cause the lack of body hair maturing, but i suspect it has....