My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ClearVision Thanks for the update. Ive been gluten free as well for a little over a year, and have been experimenting being gluten free for a little over 4-5 years. With the odd cheat,which is becoming less and less, and beer excepted, I tend to avoid wheat 99% of the time. Im also having a dry month, so no beer or alcohol for me at all this month. GF has been great for my weight (Im not far off from my college weight - 5/7lbs) and Im 39 years old. I suspect it's because I was on finasteride in college, where I noticed reduced my muscle mass. I feel way better off wheat/gluten (digestion, weight, focus).

Im also trying this no fap, been once in the past 7 months, and 5 months since totally clean. I do have sex with my gf though, and dont hold back there :) I dont think it helps with hair loss, but Im happy to have kicked the habit, it was way too engrained in my daily life, and served no benefit imo.

did you say you not drink beer anymore? have you tried any non gluten beer?

im gonna be do a non gluten diet for a while soon, but kicking the beer is gonna be hard :eek:

also mate i just saw your pictures, you have quite long hair. isnt this a pain in the arse when applying zix? you ever tempted to get a short haircut to make it easier for yourself?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, it is a bit. My hair is thinned out enough that I can get it to my scalp easily. maybe because it is thinner, it tends to knot up though, and I probably inadvertendly pull some out trying to straighten it out. I just cut it last week, but it's still has some length, I wished he had cut it shorter.

I like beer and it doesnt seem to affect me as much as wheat. But a month off wont hurt me :) I love beer, but I also love wine, and G&T's. Im trying to cut drinking out as much as possible, which may prove difficult, because it's just something I do....

Ive tried 1 brand of GF beer, it has a familiar taste, but it just aint the same.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
being 39 you must have a few mates losing their hair. you told any of them about zix?

man i think you are only guy i only still using this stuff. i read a lot of old threads over on hlh. but it seemed to die out. maybe they just gave up/got bored of treating their hair. or maybe it work so well they never came back to the boards. i wish there was more feedback with long term users with this stuff

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
being 39 you must have a few mates losing their hair. you told any of them about zix?

man i think you are only guy i only still using this stuff. i read a lot of old threads over on hlh. but it seemed to die out. maybe they just gave up/got bored of treating their hair. or maybe it work so well they never came back to the boards. i wish there was more feedback with long term users with this stuff

Well I know JWM on HLH knows of someone who combines it with minoxidil, he's had great results. TBH, the fact that I went from shedding hundreds of hairs per day after stopping finasteride to shedding under 20/30 per day was evidence enough that this was having a huge impact. It's not a 100% cure, but it's slowed the loss to a snails pace. MAybe if I combined it with minoxidil, I would be in another league, but Im a little scared to mess with a good thing.

Some of my friends have been losing theirs, I mentioned it to one or two over the years, but I have another who never brings it up and doesnt seem to care. No one seems to really be swayed by my treatment. Maybe it's because I have so much more hair, and they dont think I need to worry about it. But I know when I dont use it I start to shed like crazy, not to mention I had 2 derms diagnose me with male pattern baldness when I was 19/20 years old.

Classic zix seems to work best for me.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I know JWM on HLH knows of someone who combines it with minoxidil, he's had great results. TBH, the fact that I went from shedding hundreds of hairs per day after stopping finasteride to shedding under 20/30 per day was evidence enough that this was having a huge impact. It's not a 100% cure, but it's slowed the loss to a snails pace. MAybe if I combined it with minoxidil, I would be in another league, but Im a little scared to mess with a good thing.

Some of my friends have been losing theirs, I mentioned it to one or two over the years, but I have another who never brings it up and doesnt seem to care. No one seems to really be swayed by my treatment. Maybe it's because I have so much more hair, and they dont think I need to worry about it. But I know when I dont use it I start to shed like crazy, not to mention I had 2 derms diagnose me with male pattern baldness when I was 19/20 years old.

Classic zix seems to work best for me.

man i wish i had the foresight to see a derm when i was that age. you do have a great head of hair you lucky bastard!

i know your thinking about using minoxidil. i had great results with it. i remember jwm too, he was a long time poster as well. hlh is a dead town man, i wonder why its got so deserted.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
man i wish i had the foresight to see a derm when i was that age. you do have a great head of hair you lucky bastard!

i know your thinking about using minoxidil. i had great results with it. i remember jwm too, he was a long time poster as well. hlh is a dead town man, i wonder why its got so deserted.

Because people were crazy there, so many assholes and bullying for anyone reporting a side on finasteride or claimed success on anything but the big 3. Farrel would have zero oversight, was an enabler and sometimes jumped in on the bullying. The search function also stopped working. I think people got fed up.

Thanks for the compliment on my hair, that was a good picture, it doesnt look great when it's greasy, it looks thinning, and I do have recession, that's well hidden with my hairstyle. Im def Norwood 2 and see 3 approaching in a year or so. Hoping my new tweaks regrow some.

Im scared to try minoxidil, even though I had success with it in the past. That said, Im inching towards using it in the next couple months. I feel as though with zix, I'll have the perfect stimulant with a decent anti dht.

Cheers!

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering with this treatment...I only have a receding hairline do I have to put the treatment all over my head or just the receding parts m? And also If I make a batch how long does it keep for ?
Thanks man

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I go through a bottle in about 2-3 weeks, and it keeps at room temp.

I would apply it all over, as a preventive measure.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to try this, really greatful for you posting as not everyone wants to use chemicals! I also have a lot of scalp itching. ACV is supposed to help but makes it worse and tried dozens of anti dandruff shampoos and steroids from doctors over the years. Something called Phyto Phytheol shampoo and lotion helped but is discontinued so once my stock runs out I needed an alternative anyways. Thanks for putting in the time to post and also for the person that got you onto B6 and zinc aswell. Will update how I get on.

mieg3e

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want to try Zix, as I have always had terrible inflamation of the scalp. However, Zinc sulfate is not availablle in my country. Sadly enough, no US sellers are willing to ship to The Netherlands. Do you think I could use Zinc Picolinate instead? I've been searching for quite a bit, but can't find anything about skin absorbtion rate for Picolinate.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want to try Zix, as I have always had terrible inflamation of the scalp. However, Zinc sulfate is not availablle in my country. Sadly enough, no US sellers are willing to ship to The Netherlands. Do you think I could use Zinc Picolinate instead? I've been searching for quite a bit, but can't find anything about skin absorbtion rate for Picolinate.

No, I would not dare attempt using picolinate, I dont think it will have anywhere close to same effect.

I use this brand, shipping from the UK work for you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPharm...ad36145&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=331540598905

I dont know this brand, but it may be good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zinc-Sulphate-220mg-Capsules-ESSENTIAL-TRACE-ELEMENT-/331540598905

Presume no issue at least while UK is still technically still part of the EU still, right?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to try this, really greatful for you posting as not everyone wants to use chemicals! I also have a lot of scalp itching. ACV is supposed to help but makes it worse and tried dozens of anti dandruff shampoos and steroids from doctors over the years. Something called Phyto Phytheol shampoo and lotion helped but is discontinued so once my stock runs out I needed an alternative anyways. Thanks for putting in the time to post and also for the person that got you onto B6 and zinc aswell. Will update how I get on.

Good to hear. I probably mentioned it before, but my head used to itch so badly, it looked red and seemed almost to be oozing with puss, which would dry into yellowish crust I suspect would clog my follicles. I could find zero relief, tar shampoos (back in 1996), selsum blue, I tried everything. The itch drove me crazy, I would dream of stabbing a fork into the scalp and dragging it accross my head for some reprieve. Eventually I started taking zinc supplements internally on the recommendation of my derm at the time. It made a massive difference. Whenever I would get lazy, the itch would return.

Naturally when I saw zix back in 2004, i jumped at the idea, and it completely eliminated the little itching/inflammation i had left.

If you look at revivogen on amazon, you'll see it uses both zinc and B6 p5p. I suspect it doesnt keep for long, and may not be as effective as a result. But even regenepure and lipogaine (shampoo and minoxidil) put zinc and b6 in their formula. There is definitely something to this idea, so much so that some companies are making money off this.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Worm, Yes everything you wrote in the 1st paragraph sounds like my issues too, scalp was oozing and would crust over. Trying to scrape all plaques off with a fine tooth comb could take up to an hour every morning and funnily enough one of the 1st things I tried was tar shampoo also in 1996 I'm sure! What are the chances lol! Selsun blue was another one and that was also around 96, I found it abroad actually hadn't seen it in the UK before. I agree with you if companies are adding these then there must be something to it!

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
First day using the zix formula that Worm had outlined (same sources for zinc and b6) - so far all my hair hasnt returned and Becky the girl who turned me down for prom hasnt come back to say she regrets her decision. So in my mind this formula is a total failure.

Kidding obviously. I made the mix last night and dumped some in an old cleaned out minoxidil container. Used it for the first time after my shower last night. Obviously nothing to mention yet. Current regime is minoxidil - saw palmetto (as part of that Regenepure hair multi vitamin) and now zix. We'll see how this all works out....

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
First day using the zix formula that Worm had outlined (same sources for zinc and b6) - so far all my hair hasnt returned and Becky the girl who turned me down for prom hasnt come back to say she regrets her decision. So in my mind this formula is a total failure.

Kidding obviously. I made the mix last night and dumped some in an old cleaned out minoxidil container. Used it for the first time after my shower last night. Obviously nothing to mention yet. Current regime is minoxidil - saw palmetto (as part of that Regenepure hair multi vitamin) and now zix. We'll see how this all works out....

You should notice decreased itching as the first effect.

Are you sure you are using ethyl alcohol? And not Isopropyl....

I just ordered some minoxidil, I am not sure when I want to start, but I suspect within the next month.

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you are using ethyl alcohol? And not Isopropyl....

Yup, had to go to a few stores, Walgreens had it though. Did an application last night and one this morning. Its mid afternoon now and i have noticed the itching has gone down.

OH! I must not have crushed up that B vitamin very well... still have some sediment in the bottom of the tube.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is formüla?
B6 and zinc
there is azelaic for zix ?
rates?
thanks...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
please read the first page.

I have tried using azelaic acid, but it does not work for me. maybe i didnt get a good quality azelaic, i dont know.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: Just been on e-bay and managed to find all the ingredients for Zix within minutes. Got a question though, is the capsule version of B6 P5P ok to use or does it have to be tablet (seems easier to pierce capsule and pour in? Thankyou.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: Just been on e-bay and managed to find all the ingredients for Zix within minutes. Got a question though, is the capsule version of B6 P5P ok to use or does it have to be tablet (seems easier to pierce capsule and pour in? Thankyou.

Well I would say yes, however I can't say that they all work equally as well. For example, I'm not convinced the zinc I now use, pluspharma works as well as my old one, which is discontinued. I'm ordered a new one to see.

For p5p, it could be that it works better. All else being equal, in essence zinc sulphate and p5p should have the same specs across the board. The reality may be otherwise. No other way to find other than to try. Otherwise yes, capsules will be much easier to mix.