My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

specterx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think worm is definitely on to something here. I've been on finasteride for 5 years (since I was 26), which stopped my hair loss in its tracks but also hit me with sexual sides. I stopped taking finasteride and switched to worm's Zix formulation about three weeks ago, so far there's been no apparent increase in shedding and no scalp itch at all; in the past it would hit me after 5-6 days off finasteride, not nearly as severe as worm describes but definitely noticeable. I plan to take "after" pics in a week or so which could reveal that I'm actually losing, but I would be surprised.

I find I need closer to 4ml to achieve what feels like adequate coverage, and definitely twice a day is the way to go.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
@Massive just seeing your request now. Here are some pics I just took.

The first is directly under a halogen beam, the second is under both incandescent and halogen is just off to the side, the last you can see my recession. My hair is a little greasy so looks thinner than when it's washed.

Ive receeded about an inch in the past 10 years. Im 40 in 5 days, I consider my hair to be pretty good considering Ive been fighting male pattern baldness for over 2 decades, and been off finasteride for the past 12.5 years.

View attachment 52974 View attachment 52975 View attachment 52976
does zixx cause regrowth or is it just anti-dht/finasteride substitute

Scrappy

Reaction score
If it actually does decrease DHT there would still be mild side effects, right? (I get these with Revivogen)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm , what do you think about the minomuck have you tried it or heard of any reviews on it?

Haven't heard a peep about it. I know joe says not to mix zinc with minoxidil, but based on jwm's reprit from his friend using the two in conjunction with one another seems to be quite effective. I can't say for sure though since I've never tried.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think worm is definitely on to something here. I've been on finasteride for 5 years (since I was 26), which stopped my hair loss in its tracks but also hit me with sexual sides. I stopped taking finasteride and switched to worm's Zix formulation about three weeks ago, so far there's been no apparent increase in shedding and no scalp itch at all; in the past it would hit me after 5-6 days off finasteride, not nearly as severe as worm describes but definitely noticeable. I plan to take "after" pics in a week or so which could reveal that I'm actually losing, but I would be surprised.

I find I need closer to 4ml to achieve what feels like adequate coverage, and definitely twice a day is the way to go.

Missed some posts here. Great to hear your story! Your story seems to mimic mine in a way, age wise at least. I tend to use about 4 mls per application, I'm plowing through my b6 supply these days with the increase zinc.

What did you decide on for your formula?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it actually does decrease DHT there would still be mild side effects, right? (I get these with Revivogen)

Not sure, I tend to wonder this myself. I use zinc picolinate and that seems to super charge my libido. Otherwise it's low, but it was low even when I was 19, pre finasteride, maybe it's psychological, but I can't say for sure that zix has an effect.

Nizoral I react to though, it makes me feel super out of it, and my sex drive goes into reverse. Took me a while to notice, but after many attempts in disbelief, I finally figured it wasn't for me. Fortunately I've got my precious zix :)

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure, I tend to wonder this myself. I use zinc picolinate and that seems to super charge my libido. Otherwise it's low, but it was low even when I was 19, pre finasteride, maybe it's psychological, but I can't say for sure that zix has an effect.

Nizoral I react to though, it makes me feel super out of it, and my sex drive goes into reverse. Took me a while to notice, but after many attempts in disbelief, I finally figured it wasn't for me. Fortunately I've got my precious zix :)
worm can you answer my question: does ZIX cause regrowth?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
worm can you answer my question: does ZIX cause regrowth?

@warner8 - That's a tough one for me to answer. I started Zix about a year after I quit Finasteride, which I used for almost 8 years from age 20 onwards. Now I was on some pretty potent things that maintained my hair in the meantime, but by the time I started zix, I still had 95% of my hair. So when you ask, "does zix cause regrowth?", my experience cant tell you yes or no as I have lost some hair over the years, however I can say zix has slowed it to a trickle compared to an awfully bad leak.

That said, I know Joe claims you can potentially regrow 2 years worth of loss. I would say that seems a bit extreme, however I know that when I started zix, I was losing +100/150 hairs in the shower's drain catch alone and it went down to something like 15. When you diminish the amount of hair you are losing, say 3-4000 hairs a month (100/150 * 30 days) down to 450 (15 hairs lost/day * 30 days), IF zix works for you, you could have 3/3500 more hairs per month on your head compared to not using it. Also hair cycles take a few months for hair to come out of your follicles, so I suspect it's at least 3 months, ultimately meaning you could have 10,000 or more hairs on your head instead of down the drain just due to decreased shedding at the end of the day.

Now maybe you dont lose 100+ hairs a day, in which case I dont think my reasoning above is applicable. If you do shed a lot though like I did, I think zix could really improve the number of hair in anagen phase on your head, in which case, I would say this can be considered regrowth. It definitely added a lot of density to my scalp.

Ultimately, I dont know your situation, I dont know if zix will work for you, I only know what has worked for me, and thats all I can base my advice on.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. just posting an update.

I honestly haven't been able to be very compliant with my zix applications. here's why:

I read that zinc ruins minoxidil. so, if i apply minoxidil after I apply zix, the minoxidil apparently won't work very well as there will be zinc residue on my scalp. I could apply minoxidil first, but i'd have to wait a few hours atleast for the minoxidil to absorb. I can't apply zix in the morning as it will make my hair look awful.

So because of the aforementioned situation, i've been laying off the zix for the past week and just applying minoxidil with AA. Anyone here had success with applying minoxidil and zix together? I've only been using zix for over 2 months now so it's too early to tell if i was getting any results anyway. Might try and push through to the 4/5 month mark whilst applying zix at a completely different time to the minoxidil.

Jude79

Reaction score
Gents .......in terms of shedding is it common when using zix? It could be possibly because I am not using minoxidil as consistently as I used to. But I'm having a fairly big one.

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you get an initial shed like minoxidil on zix ? I've been on zix for about 6 weeks and not sure if it's me or my left temple has got worse. I don't expect to see results this soon tho