My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm... The purpose of Alcohol is penetration?

I've been using it for a month. It's definitely doing something. Most of the time my scalp feels noticeably better, but on other days the itch comes back in full force. The benefit on my scalp is enough for me to continue to use it though. I was wondering. Since I'm having moderate results, should I try only water + Zinc + B6?

Also, those of you who completely got rid of the itch using Zix, are you applying twice a day?

And how much are you applying?

I have diffused thinning. If I want full coverage, it's very difficult for me to use less than 3ml. So if I were applying twice a day, I'd be using at least 6ml. I'm wondering if that would be too much.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just having some thoughts here.

I am taking 50mgs of zinc picolinate internally, I take it as a libido booster. I believe it gives a T boost, and thereafter I notice the effect, I'll spare you the details, but everything is enhanced :)

I believe with more Testosterone in my system comes the need for a stronger anti dht. Hence, the zix I was using with 2 zinc is not as effective as it used to be due to higher testosterone in my blood. Now Im at 4 and things seem to have totally stabilized. But that may also mean for others of you, you may only 1 zinc capsule.

Density is returning, I can see it in my part. I was seeing a bit of reflection on my scalp under a halogen pot light, now I just see the part which doesnt seem nearly as thin, and my hair just feels and look thicker.

I do feel the higher zinc concentration is having an effect on me - I wonder if it may be affecting my libido.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm... The purpose of Alcohol is penetration?

I've been using it for a month. It's definitely doing something. Most of the time my scalp feels noticeably better, but on other days the itch comes back in full force. The benefit on my scalp is enough for me to continue to use it though. I was wondering. Since I'm having moderate results, should I try only water + Zinc + B6?

Also, those of you who completely got rid of the itch using Zix, are you applying twice a day?

And how much are you applying?

I have diffused thinning. If I want full coverage, it's very difficult for me to use less than 3ml. So if I were applying twice a day, I'd be using at least 6ml. I'm wondering if that would be too much.

That's just about what I use per day. I dont hesitate to get a thorough coverage since this costs pennies per application. And yes I believe the alcohol is for penetration. Feel to try without alcohol, you may find it either works better or not as effectively. The more I think about it, everyone is different, and you really need to fine tune this for what works for you.

How much zinc are you using?

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just about what I use per day. I dont hesitate to get a thorough coverage since this costs pennies per application. And yes I believe the alcohol is for penetration. Feel to try without alcohol, you may find it either works better or not as effectively. The more I think about it, everyone is different, and you really need to fine tune this for what works for you.

How much zinc are you using?

3 capsules. I think I'll lower the alcohol content and use twice a day to see if there's an improvement.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, those look just fine. You'll need no more than 150mgs per container - 3 capsules.

Heya worm. I'm finally gonna give your zix formulation a try after I've been off meds (finasteride/minoxidil + various supps) for 4 months. I thought I could handle with just buzz cutting and now that I'm seeing how my diffuse thinning getting close to leaving me with a slick bald NW5 then all I want is to be able to keep some of that hair giving coverage, cuz some hair with a buzzcut is still tons better than being slick bald all over on top.

I'm buying from overseas so obviously I'll have to use a redirecting shipping comany.
I just wanna make sure I get all the ingredients right the same as you use.
Let me know if the following are correct:

Zinc - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPharm...484296?hash=item236f23fac8:g:bdIAAOxy0QBSTP~9

B6 - I'm not sure which one to get as I've seen these two getting mentioned:
https://www.amazon.com/Ecological-Formulas-Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate-tabs/dp/B003TVEZ1C
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/P-5-P-Py...914447?hash=item283120a38f:g:ntsAAOSww3tY7sUR

Am I missing anything else for this? I'll buy the ethanol/distilled water over here. If you could just correct me with where you would buy the ingredients from. Thanks a lot!

BTW, Are you still on 5mg biotiin?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heya worm. I'm finally gonna give your zix formulation a try after I've been off meds (finasteride/minoxidil + various supps) for 4 months. I thought I could handle with just buzz cutting and now that I'm seeing how my diffuse thinning getting close to leaving me with a slick bald NW5 then all I want is to be able to keep some of that hair giving coverage, cuz some hair with a buzzcut is still tons better than being slick bald all over on top.

I'm buying from overseas so obviously I'll have to use a redirecting shipping comany.
I just wanna make sure I get all the ingredients right the same as you use.
Let me know if the following are correct:

Zinc - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPharm...484296?hash=item236f23fac8:g:bdIAAOxy0QBSTP~9

B6 - I'm not sure which one to get as I've seen these two getting mentioned:
https://www.amazon.com/Ecological-Formulas-Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate-tabs/dp/B003TVEZ1C
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/P-5-P-Py...914447?hash=item283120a38f:g:ntsAAOSww3tY7sUR

Am I missing anything else for this? I'll buy the ethanol/distilled water over here. If you could just correct me with where you would buy the ingredients from. Thanks a lot!

BTW, Are you still on 5mg biotiin?

I use ecological formulas, I can't say how well the other will work, except it should work as well. That said I don't find i respond the same to different brands.

I stopped the biotin, I think it was helping, but I don't respond well to it. I for some reason get mucousy and start getting a lung infection. I kind of respond to probiotics the same way. I'm not sure what causes that, but unfortunately I just don't seem to tolerate some things. The internet says candida, but I have been tested for it twice, once by my gp and another by my respirologist. I guess I've just decided it's best to avoid it in the end.

Last edited:

Brotzu White

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anywhere i can buy Zix?
I would probably create a mess trying to mix the ingredients by myself. I would like to buy it already prepared and ready to use.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anywhere i can buy Zix?
I would probably create a mess trying to mix the ingredients by myself. I would like to buy it already prepared and ready to use.

You can try Revivogen, not sure how good it is though. BTW I have someone reporting they have better success with original zix, so maybe not the worst idea to start low and work your way up.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Big fan of Zix. Used it off and on over the years in addition to the big 3. Have a buddy who uses it as a standalone treatment and it works for him. Unlike Worm, however, my buddy and I have never used alcohol and not nearly as much zinc. What I have used in the past is 4 oz distilled water with 3 zinc and around 150 mgs of B6 applied to a hydrated scalp whenever possible.

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big fan of Zix. Used it off and on over the years in addition to the big 3. Have a buddy who uses it as a standalone treatment and it works for him. Unlike Worm, however, my buddy and I have never used alcohol and not nearly as much zinc. What I have used in the past is 4 oz distilled water with 3 zinc and around 150 mgs of B6 applied to a hydrated scalp whenever possible.
Why to an already hydrated scalp? It seems to me if it's already hydrated it won't absorb as much liquid compared to if it was dry. Am I wrong?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

JWM, good to see you on this site. On hlh, You had mentioned someone you know did zix + minoxidil together. is he still combining the two? Ive been tinkering around with my zix formula, and am only getting stable results in the past few months, so Ive been reluctant to throw minoxidil into the mix. How is he doing? How does he see zix vs minoxidil? Does minoxidil do much for him?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Seeing as you're on the big three, what has been your experience with it? What additional gains have your seen?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM, good to see you on this site. On hlh, You had mentioned someone you know did zix + minoxidil together. is he still combining the two? Ive been tinkering around with my zix formula, and am only getting stable results in the past few months, so Ive been reluctant to throw minoxidil into the mix. How is he doing? How does he see zix vs minoxidil? Does minoxidil do much for him?

Hey, Worm. Last I spoke to him he was using both Zix and minoxidil. He would apply Zix wait about 10 minutes, and then apply the minoxidil. He used Zix on its on for awhile, and it did a good job at stopping his loss, and thickening some spots. When he added minoxidil, he said it gave him more thickening in thinner areas.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing as you're on the big three, what has been your experience with it? What additional gains have your seen?

I love zix. It's dead cheap and it tends to prolong my anagen phase and give some added density whenever I'm consistent in using it. The reason I'm not too consistent is because I either forget to buy the supplies for it or I get lazy and slack off on applying multiple topicals every day. I'm in my 40's now, and finding hair to be less and less of a priority. The Big 3 has kept my loss to a slow crawl and I'm cool with that.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love zix. It's dead cheap and it tends to prolong my anagen phase and give some added density whenever I'm consistent in using it. The reason I'm not too consistent is because I either forget to buy the supplies for it or I get lazy and slack off on applying multiple topicals every day. I'm in my 40's now, and finding hair to be less and less of a priority. The Big 3 has kept my loss to a slow crawl and I'm cool with that.

Yeah,40's, crazy, I remember signing up to HLH back in 2002 or something, I had a hot as balls gf, proscar flowing locks, and time on my side. Those were good times!

Here we are, 15 years later, I turn 40 in 11 days :( Things are good though. My hair is doing very well by all accounts, considering I have Androgenetic Alopecia. I totally agree, hair loss has not been nearly as much of a preoccupation, as my hair loss is moving at a snails pace as well.

I'll refer a poster to your post here, he claimed to be having better success with original zix than my formulat, and he applies minoxidil as well.