My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well update on the 5 zincs, I think I may have gotten a little over zealous on the zinc. My shedding has gone from 10-12 to 35-40 today. Granted I didnt take a shower yesterday, I suspect that is partly to blame, however I have noticed my shedding seems to have increased from 10/12 to just under 20 most recently. I have to say though Ive been messing around with my magnesium intake, then recently Ive stopped altogether (5 days ago) as I was feeling tired. So that could also be the culprit.

That said I think I hit the sweet somewhere between 3 and 4 zinc per 60mls. I have mixed a new batch with 3.5 zincs.

All in all im not too worried, I just went through a 2 month stretch of little shedding, returning to just under 40 today, when I havent showered in a couple days isnt making me think im losing ground. Hopefully I get down to the 10 hairs shed in the shower average again.

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well good to hear, sounds like its working too well. :) you only use 3ml of ethyl? And only 220 mg zinc?

Yeah, I reduced the Zinc + Ethyl in my last batch in hopes of stopping that dull headache I've been getting. Unfortunately, it's still there. Next, I'll try to eliminate all the Ethyl and see if that changes anything. If anything, I may just decide to use it once a day (at night), so that I can sleep off the headache, while also hopefully continuing to prevent the itch from returning.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I reduced the Zinc + Ethyl in my last batch in hopes of stopping that dull headache I've been getting. Unfortunately, it's still there. Next, I'll try to eliminate all the Ethyl and see if that changes anything. If anything, I may just decide to use it once a day (at night), so that I can sleep off the headache, while also hopefully continuing to prevent the itch from returning.

You should top off/substitute with more distilled water, so the total volume is 60mls.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use an eye dropper and put drops around my scalp. Afterwards I massage it into my scalp to make sure it absorbs properly.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had to completely stop Zix. It clashed with everything that had alcohol in it, even Minoxidil, causing nasty eye pains, headaches and the like.

I now only occasionally use it on my face as an anti-acne thing. Sadly, it's not for me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr , sorry to hear it's not working. I know your using lots of other things, and so as you say it's not likely compatible with those products. Furthermore it seems you have some sensitivity to something. It seems unusual, but I am sensitive to nizoral for example, it kills my libido and makes me feel super tired and totally spaced out. A shampoo, go figure. Needless to say, to hear you're getting side effects doesnt sound impossible.

Anyhow, I think Zix is really for those who are using nothing at all, or maybe minoxidil at most. It could be a good compliment to finasteride, but I ask would you even need it at that point if finasteride is already doing the job of nixing dht?

Thanks for trying and reporting.

For myself, I think I got a little over zealous with zinc, Ive backed it down to 3.5 zincs and the 3 week increase in shed hairs using 5 zinc, has now stabilized. I think I may go up to 4, which seemed to work a bit better will be my max.

It makes me wonder if the amount of zinc required by people may differ from person to person. I might be reaching here, but I have mild ibs, and I think my body lacks many nutrients due to malabsorption, I crap it out too quickly. :) I find supplementing with oral zinc, magnesium and vit d3, has been beneficial health wise for me. It could be that the level of zinc in my scalp really benefits from higher levels of zinc in the zix. It's all guesswork imo, im not science minded, so that leaves me taking shots in the dark....

Nevertheless, whatever Im doing seems to be helping, and already with the increase of zinc, Ive gone from "it's time to add minoxidil" to "my hair looks pretty darn good for my age" in just 3 months. Im looking forward to seeing what the next 2-3 months brings.

Cheers!

stupidkoko

Reaction score
I've been lurking in this thread for some time now and I'm abit interested in trying this Zix out later.

I read that you seem to have maintained, but have you heard of anyone or did you experience any regrowth as in the hairline growing back a bit, or miniaturized hair growing thicker/into terminal hair?

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nevertheless, whatever Im doing seems to be helping, and already with the increase of zinc, Ive gone from "it's time to add minoxidil" to "my hair looks pretty darn good for my age" in just 3 months. Im looking forward to seeing what the next 2-3 months brings.

Cheers!

I have a question. How long have you been using it before you started seeing visible results (non-shed related). My issue is I'm not really shedding. I'm just having a thinning crown. Maybe I am shedding, but I don't really notice it. I have a lot of thin hairs, but shed at a normal pace. I've been using Zix for almost 2 months now (I think I started around Feb. 20), and I just got a haircut today and it looks a lot worse than it did 2 months ago. The thinning crown seems noticeable bigger than I recall it the last time around. How long should I stick with it before I write it off as not working? I was thinking 6 months, maybe a year because that's how long it takes to see results with other treatments.

Zix is the only thing I'm using right now. I keep flip-flopping on the idea of using minoxidil, but would rather a solution that prevents hairloss in addition to just makes it look better. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really down about myself (been a lot lately), I contemplate just taking the chance and jumping on finasteride. But then, when I look at the horror stories... and people say "Well, only 1% of people get side effects"... I'm not even willing to take a 1% risk of being miserable/suicidal for the rest of my life for Finasteride.

If Brotzu's lotion comes out (and looks promising), I'll probably just use Zix until 2018. At worst, it'll give me the placebo effects of feeling like I'm doing something with my hair, and it does help the scalp itch... but I don't see why I'm not getting any thickening or maintaining if it's been proven to prevent 90% of DHT in the hair follicle.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question. How long have you been using it before you started seeing visible results (non-shed related). My issue is I'm not really shedding. I'm just having a thinning crown. Maybe I am shedding, but I don't really notice it. I have a lot of thin hairs, but shed at a normal pace. I've been using Zix for almost 2 months now (I think I started around Feb. 20), and I just got a haircut today and it looks a lot worse than it did 2 months ago. The thinning crown seems noticeable bigger than I recall it the last time around. How long should I stick with it before I write it off as not working? I was thinking 6 months, maybe a year because that's how long it takes to see results with other treatments.

Zix is the only thing I'm using right now. I keep flip-flopping on the idea of using minoxidil, but would rather a solution that prevents hairloss in addition to just makes it look better. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really down about myself (been a lot lately), I contemplate just taking the chance and jumping on finasteride. But then, when I look at the horror stories... and people say "Well, only 1% of people get side effects"... I'm not even willing to take a 1% risk of being miserable/suicidal for the rest of my life for Finasteride.

If Brotzu's lotion comes out (and looks promising), I'll probably just use Zix until 2018. At worst, it'll give me the placebo effects of feeling like I'm doing something with my hair, and it does help the scalp itch... but I don't see why I'm not getting any thickening or maintaining if it's been proven to prevent 90% of DHT in the hair follicle.

That's a tricky question because you havent noticed any shedding to speak of. For myself, I had a red, itchy, inlfammed scalp. I would shed 100-200 hairs daily. I would shake my hair out in the sink for 30-60 seconds to see what would show up and it would be 50-60 hairs. I would just stop doing it just because I didnt want to see more.

So I cant see what the mechanism is that works for me, except my scalp became way less itchy, which is my theory as to why it does work. It reduced inflammation and some kind of immune response which imo either prevents dht containing sebum or otherwise prevents the inflammation that is making my hair fall out quickly. It took maybe a week or two to see the reduced shedding when I tried it 12 years ago, I remember the effect being pretty immediate.

When you say you dont suffer any shedding problem, I cant tell you that zix absolutely kills dht, there is just a scientific study that says it does. And so is it guaranteed to work for you? I dont know. I know others have had good results as I have, but what proportion is that vis a vis those who try and it doesnt work, I have no clue.

Fresh haircuts are often deceiving too, because you cut away some hair that could otherwise be covering up noticeable hairloss. I find usually a week after a cut, things seem fuller, but the couple days after a cut I tend to think my hair looks thinner.

Ive been tinkering with the amount of zinc Ive been using lately, and Im back at 4, and it seems to be the sweet spot for me after mostly ups and 1 down over the past 3 months. I would say that if you dont see any change over 2-3 months, then maybe it's not working for you. Or it could be that it's stabilized things, but because you are shedding so slowly, you may not see any gains, and rather, you just arent losing more.

Ultimately, I dont know your formula, so that would help to give you a full assessment.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been lurking in this thread for some time now and I'm abit interested in trying this Zix out later.

I read that you seem to have maintained, but have you heard of anyone or did you experience any regrowth as in the hairline growing back a bit, or miniaturized hair growing thicker/into terminal hair?

I cant say I regrew anything, I think it just slowed it to a snails pace. With the reduced shedding, more hair stayed on my head vs down the drain, so in that sense it thickened things up as I had more hair on my scalp.

For gains, I think you need to pair it with something like minoxidil.

farisayeh

Reaction score
I cant say I regrew anything, I think it just slowed it to a snails pace. With the reduced shedding, more hair stayed on my head vs down the drain, so in that sense it thickened things up as I had more hair on my scalp.

For gains, I think you need to pair it with something like minoxidil.
how many capsules you used right now?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
how many capsules you used right now?

I am at 4.

a few months back I went from 2-3, and gradually to 4, and jumped to 5 when I saw the increased benefits. I did not react well to 5, but react well to 4 after I eased back to 3 and re-stabilized my way back up.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to issue a little note - while I have been experiencing a lot of success, and even more so lately with my recent re-formulation of zix, Ive noticed (on this thread and via PM) that some who are trying it for some reason are experiencing an increase in shedding. In my experience, my shedding dramatically decreased from over 100+ per day down to under 20 in the shower drain when I started up some 12 years ago. I would say that the decrease in shedding likely happened in less than a week/10 days. I did not see any increase in shedding at any point, however I was losing handfuls at the time, so that's hard to properly gauge.

I am not sure why I have had such dramatic success and others seem not to. Over the past years, I have seen lots of people report good results also.

Maybe I respond to higher concentrations, and maybe it's better for you experimenting with zix to try the original version on Joe's Zix for hairloss site.

Unfortunately, I can only report to what's working for me, and maybe this is a case of "what works for one, does not work for another".

I'd love for this to be a surefire answer for everyone who tried, however that doesnt seem to be the case. Maybe it only works if zix is the one and only treatment you're using.

I had a crazy itchy, red inflammed scalp, dry crusty sebum excretions, and perhaps it's people with this profile who may respond to zix the best. But Im no expert, so Im just speculating here.

Regenepure and Lipogaine seem to have formulated their products with zinc and B6 as well, so im pretty confident there is something to this mix. Needless to say, the only reason I posted this thread is for others to benefit as I have, however I cant guarantee this will work for you, so please bear this in mind.

The good news is, if it doesnt work, just stop.

mightyStorz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think I will give this a shot soon. I'm 22, and my heads been burning and itching a lot lately. I've lost a small amount of hair (but its noticeable) on the front of my head. Should I just focus the stuff in that area or just do the whole head?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think I will give this a shot soon. I'm 22, and my heads been burning and itching a lot lately. I've lost a small amount of hair (but its noticeable) on the front of my head. Should I just focus the stuff in that area or just do the whole head?

May as well apply across the whole head, maybe with a tick more on the itchy area.