My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, that was in vivo which means zinc do inhibit 5aR1 in human body. Topical may be different though

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 90 update since I added minoxidil to my regimen. So far so good. My hair seems thicker/coarser, it's darker (despite way more sun in the summer), it feels noticeably denser and more robust, my hair generally looks good, and I never worry about how my hair parts or how thin it looks when greasy. I have noticed just running my hand through my hair that my hair feels more dense.

I was overly optimistic, hoping for more regrowth on the hairline, but not too much movement so far I think. I think my hairline has thickened however and I suspect errant hairs that have been left behind as my hairline has pulled back over the years have thickened. I also think there is possibly some minor regrowth (too early to tell).

On the whole, I think my hair has regained more thickness than I've lost in 3-5 years. That said, I havent yet regrown the hairs totally lost - whose to say what the future will bring but I am optimistic that zix has preserved a good chunk of those "lost hairs" in stasis.

I think 4 months is a minimum to really assess, and realistically 6 month is probably more the time I need to give it a full review. That said, I am glad I was fixated on 3 months, because it would have seem much too far away. Now 1 more month seems easy to wait with the encouraging results I am already experiencing, and by the end of month 4, 2 more months will seem easy enough as my hair will likely be that much better.

Anyhow, this progress is noticeable but requires more patience to really see the results I suspect. I do think things will continue to improve, perhaps peaking around 12 months. That said, until it peaks I'll keep crossing my fingers for improvement.

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 90 update since I added minoxidil to my regimen. So far so good. My hair seems thicker/coarser, it's darker (despite way more sun in the summer), it feels noticeably denser and more robust, my hair generally looks good, and I never worry about how my hair parts or how thin it looks when greasy. I have noticed just running my hand through my hair that my hair feels more dense.

I was overly optimistic, hoping for more regrowth on the hairline, but not too much movement so far I think. I think my hairline has thickened however and I suspect errant hairs that have been left behind as my hairline has pulled back over the years have thickened. I also think there is possibly some minor regrowth (too early to tell).

On the whole, I think my hair has regained more thickness than I've lost in 3-5 years. That said, I havent yet regrown the hairs totally lost - whose to say what the future will bring but I am optimistic that zix has preserved a good chunk of those "lost hairs" in stasis.

I think 4 months is a minimum to really assess, and realistically 6 month is probably more the time I need to give it a full review. That said, I am glad I was fixated on 3 months, because it would have seem much too far away. Now 1 more month seems easy to wait with the encouraging results I am already experiencing, and by the end of month 4, 2 more months will seem easy enough as my hair will likely be that much better.

Anyhow, this progress is noticeable but requires more patience to really see the results I suspect. I do think things will continue to improve, perhaps peaking around 12 months. That said, until it peaks I'll keep crossing my fingers for improvement.
Hope you're not coping with this, otherwise...

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Zix for years on and off.

My question is, yes my shedding slows way down when using it twice daily and I do recede when off it....

But how can thos be scientifically.

For example... finasterade inhibits Type two 5ar..... which creates DHT that attacks the scalp.

But Zix only inhibits Type 1 5ar..... which is responsible for DHT for brain function.... so of this is true, how the hell is Zix even helping us at all?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

Dropped zix, just on LLLT for the past 2 months.

Hairloss is stable, will get a derm to check it out soon.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for zix users.

Can I combine zix with minoxidil?

Or should i apply them separately?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for zix users.

Can I combine zix with minoxidil?

Or should i apply them separately?

After using zix for 16 years, Ive added minoxidil 3.5 mths ago and im seeing some good results - I apply minoxidil in morning and zix at night.

jazz1

Reaction score
No - well actually there is something called revivogen. https://revivogen.com/

cant attest to its efficacy, but I can attest to its high cost though.

I use a combination of different shampoo, Regenepure DR/BIG 3/Revita/Etc and Regenepure DR is my best one that also contains B6/ZINC and Saw Palmetto.

I might check Revivogen to my regime, the reviews are great, thanks.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most products with zinc and b6 use pyridoxine hcl and not p5p. Maybe its more effective?
this has been discussed
aesthetic reasons suggests pyridoxine
some sources suggest that the activated pyridoxal-5-phosphate form is better. there are few studies about it