My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the P5P is a light yellow, turning darker in solution, the zinc is also a light yellow when dry, but doesn't change much in solution, it's the P5P. Not concerned, just wondering.
Well, I will tell you about mine when it arrives but I wound't be concerned too if it's from a legit source.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your alcohol's secondary ingredient water or distilled water

These are the ingredients.

Medicinal ingredient: Ethyl alcohol 70% v/v.

Non-medicinal ingredients: Bitrex, camphor, diethylphthalate, water

It's obviously some pharma product, so I'm sure it's not just tap water. My guess would be distilled. Either way, my zix bottle i mix up only contaims about 10% ethyl alcohol and the rest distilled water. So that 2 or so mls of "water" in the ethyl alcohol doesnt seem affect my results.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only 10%? I saw you had 15 mls of ethyl aclohol out of 60 mls in your first post.

yeah, I just eye ball it to be honest. it could be 10mls, but I suspect it's more like 10% of the volume, which means more like 6mls.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are the ingredients.

Medicinal ingredient: Ethyl alcohol 70% v/v.

Non-medicinal ingredients: Bitrex, camphor, diethylphthalate, water

It's obviously some pharma product, so I'm sure it's not just tap water. My guess would be distilled. Either way, my zix bottle i mix up only contaims about 10% ethyl alcohol and the rest distilled water. So that 2 or so mls of "water" in the ethyl alcohol doesnt seem affect my results.
How well does zinc without p5p perform? p5p here is impossible to find and can't ship online

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to schedule with min like this, giving a 7 or so hour buffer between applications?

AM - min
Afternoon - zix
PM - min

Also, what is the most current formula people are using?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to schedule with min like this, giving a 7 or so hour buffer between applications?

AM - min
Afternoon - zix
PM - min

Also, what is the most current formula people are using?

I guess so. I was googling minor 75 day results and randomly the first result was a study that said that after 4hours most of the minoxidil is absorbed into into you scalp. as for results, I can't say if it will be worse or better than what I'm doing, as there doesn't appear to be many who are using both. For those I do hear about its generally 1x of each per day, that's not to say 2x minoxidil won't yield better results. That said they say the half life is 22 hours or something, so I couldn't be bothered to apply tropicals 3x per day at specific intervals. It took me three years or more to finally try minoxidil, where part of my hesitation was the extra work.

Anyhow I'm 76 days in since adding minoxidil. I'm pretty confident my hair has thickened maybe 10%, which is a huge win. I'm nowhere near 120 days (4months) and they say you need to wait 4-6 months to see changes. And regrowth can come after a year or more.

While I'd love to say my hairline is lowering, it hasn't moved yet, although it may be shoring up already in my upper temple. It does seemed to have thickened the hairs that are there though, looking more robust. My hair already seems noticeably coarser, and fuller.

I would have hoped for more immediate and massive gains, but that's totally unrealistic - especially having started this hairless process 24 years ago, and now being in my 40s. I am hopeful that 6 months will possibly recoup 2 or more years of loss. My goal is 5, hopefully 10. Again probably delusionally unrealistic but I'm in it for the long haul now, so I'll be able to report at 4, 6 months and a year. Crossing fingers for a legitimate hair regrowth and maintenance regime that costs only a few $$ a month and can help many men out there.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess so. I was googling minor 75 day results and randomly the first result was a study that said that after 4hours most of the minoxidil is absorbed into into you scalp. as for results, I can't say if it will be worse or better than what I'm doing, as there doesn't appear to be many who are using both. For those I do hear about its generally 1x of each per day, that's not to say 2x minoxidil won't yield better results. That said they say the half life is 22 hours or something, so I couldn't be bothered to apply tropicals 3x per day at specific intervals. It took me three years or more to finally try minoxidil, where part of my hesitation was the extra work.

Anyhow I'm 76 days in since adding minoxidil. I'm pretty confident my hair has thickened maybe 10%, which is a huge win. I'm nowhere near 120 days (4months) and they say you need to wait 4-6 months to see changes. And regrowth can come after a year or more.

While I'd love to say my hairline is lowering, it hasn't moved yet, although it may be shoring up already in my upper temple. It does seemed to have thickened the hairs that are there though, looking more robust. My hair already seems noticeably coarser, and fuller.

I would have hoped for more immediate and massive gains, but that's totally unrealistic - especially having started this hairless process 24 years ago, and now being in my 40s. I am hopeful that 6 months will possibly recoup 2 or more years of loss. My goal is 5, hopefully 10. Again probably delusionally unrealistic but I'm in it for the long haul now, so I'll be able to report at 4, 6 months and a year. Crossing fingers for a legitimate hair regrowth and maintenance regime that costs only a few $$ a month and can help many men out there.

I'll give my approach a try. Applying topicals isn't a big deal at all to me. I've been in the same boat...losing since early-to-mid 20s and late 40s now with receding hairline. My hairline just recently started getting worse for some reason. I was using the below formula for a bit, but got lazy and dropped it

Again, what's the most current basic formula everyone is using?
The main page has this:
- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll give my approach a try. Applying topicals isn't a big deal at all to me. I've been in the same boat...losing since early-to-mid 20s and late 40s now with receding hairline. My hairline just recently started getting worse for some reason. I was using the below formula for a bit, but got lazy and dropped it

Again, what's the most current basic formula everyone is using?
The main page has this:
- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

The reason you're likely losing is because you dropped Zix.

For the formula, I probably use more like 8mls of Ethyl Alcohol, it's probably a she over 10% of the volume. I find it dries better and gives my hair more volume.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Arrived today
Have Enough Zinc Sulphate to last until the end of times. If anyone needs some, just contact me. (Idk what else to do with it)
ZIX.jpg

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason you're likely losing is because you dropped Zix.

For the formula, I probably use more like 8mls of Ethyl Alcohol, it's probably a she over 10% of the volume. I find it dries better and gives my hair more volume.
Thanks for the update. I had tried bumping down to 10mls, so that's probably close enough. I had gotten off using the zix since last year probably, and this was recently I noticed it being a bit raggedly around the hairline. The only thing I did recently was try needling every more frequently for a few weeks. Maybe that's it, but needling never did that before. Hair loss is such any annoying thing to pin down

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get bulksupplements p5p and boom no sediments

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
This stuff work? I now use Topical Finesteride but would adding this be an benefit?

Possibly, but I would guess negligible since I think they both seem to be doing the same thing.

How has your experience with topical finasteride been? Any benefit, sides?

Hairguru

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly, but I would guess negligible since I think they both seem to be doing the same thing.

How has your experience with topical finasteride been? Any benefit, sides?

I will need to read this whole thread when I’m off work, my experience with Topical Finesteride has been great and I use the 15% minoxidil mixture with all the added ingredients and 0.1% Finesteride. I also added and use 5% minoxidil in the night and ketaconazole based shampoos. Oh and derma rolling plus laser helmet.

They also give me discount following from this thread:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know yet if zinc and p5p only blocks type 1 dht or is it 1 and 2. I know type 1 plays a factor as well but 2 is the main guy you need to block.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know yet if zinc and p5p only blocks type 1 dht or is it 1 and 2. I know type 1 plays a factor as well but 2 is the main guy you need to block.
There is only one study that claims it blocks 5AR1 selectively. There are no other mentions.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we really don’t know
From very little we have, it looks like zinc blocks only the type 1

More research is needed and no one can make money off of plain zinc so no one would channel their resources to research a natural mineral