sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Joe sells everything.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes , once a week , high powered clinical lazer
Can you feel how it dilates vessels in many areas of your body? When I laser, the veins in my hands and arms will bulge like you woudnt believe. Heart rate goes up a bit too.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like this user maintained with zix for years.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ground-on-my-maintenance.129159/#post-1904308

@Gears4man Maybe you can talk about your experience with zix?

Good contribution.

As a side note for those interested, I was away a few days and showered when I got home. there were zero hairs in the drain catch last night, was very happy to see. I must say that I did get a haircut going from long to reasonably short this past Friday. I did also brush my hair during the day, so it likely screened a few hairs.

That said, I have had this hair length a lot throughout the years, and despite regular brushing and showering, I would often have 20-40 hairs in the catch at the end of my shower. So I am still very encouraged to see no hairs and am convinced I am on a good path for the moment.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
correction, I just found 5-10 hairs by the sink after rubbing my minoxidil application rather aggressively into my scalp. Not totally unheard of.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be possible to fit 1 minoxidil and 2 Zix applications per day

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be possible to fit 1 minoxidil and 2 Zix applications per day

In my opinion, I dont think 2x applications is necessary. I havent applied twice in many years. Perhaps that's why my 2x concentration works well, because I'm only doing it 1x daily. Maybe if I applied 2x it would not work as well or worse. For example, I've noticed that when I exceed 3.5 Zinc capsules, I start shedding more. It's possible the same may hold true if you were to apply 2x daily.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have problem dissolving the ingredients? I bought the ingredients in capsules / powder form and it seems like they are not soluble at all and all kinda ended up at the bottom of the mixture :(

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what’s the difference between taking the ingredient (zinc, b6, saw palmetto) orally vs applying topically? It just seems like the absorption will be much better if taken orally?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have problem dissolving the ingredients? I bought the ingredients in capsules / powder form and it seems like they are not soluble at all and all kinda ended up at the bottom of the mixture :(

If you havent, you need to crush the pills to a fine powder, ideally using a pill crusher, but between two spoons will work. You then dissolve in about 10mls of ethyl alcohol. Let sit for about 12 hours shaking periodically. Add distilled water afterwards. Shake well before applying

droog40

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got powder zinc sulfate heptahydrate from eBay and P5P capsules, they do dissolve completely but the mixture is a vivid orange colour, is this normal? I've been using it a week and there is a very obvious reduction in scalp itch, liking it so far, thanks worm for your input.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you havent, you need to crush the pills to a fine powder, ideally using a pill crusher, but between two spoons will work. You then dissolve in about 10mls of ethyl alcohol. Let sit for about 12 hours shaking periodically. Add distilled water afterwards. Shake well before applying
Hello worm, did you ever try to add distilled water first then alcohol, if so were there a difference

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello worm, did you ever try to add distilled water first then alcohol, if so were there a difference

Yeah I played around with it a little. I believe it dissolves better with alcohol first. Sometimes when im rushed I just let it sit in alcohol for a few mins before I add distilled water - it's just as effective imo.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I played around with it a little. I believe it dissolves better with alcohol first. Sometimes when im rushed I just let it sit in alcohol for a few mins before I add distilled water - it's just as effective imo.
Is your alcohol's secondary ingredient water or distilled water

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got powder zinc sulfate heptahydrate from eBay and P5P capsules, they do dissolve completely but the mixture is a vivid orange colour, is this normal? I've been using it a week and there is a very obvious reduction in scalp itch, liking it so far, thanks worm for your input.
Does the powder inside the capsules look orange?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
one thing that has helped me is getting my hair professionally checked out every 3-6 months by a dermatologist.

That was how I found out LLLT was working for me.

Zix alone probably isn’t enough if I’m honest, I was losing ground in lockdown at a very slow pace using it by itself - LLLT helped
May I ask what LLLT product you use once per week?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, if Zix blocked all DHT in vitro that means it can block all three types of DHT, right? At least in vitro.

droog40

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the powder inside the capsules look orange?
Yeah the P5P is a light yellow, turning darker in solution, the zinc is also a light yellow when dry, but doesn't change much in solution, it's the P5P. Not concerned, just wondering.