My Story: receding hairline at 16, NW3 at 19, Now 22 with Norwood 0.5/1

constantshed

Reaction score
I pretty much have the same effects as you on finasteride/duta (1,5 years and its worse), I wonder if I should try Oral spironolactone like you.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride, oral spironolactone, oral minoxidil, and Tamoxifen. And no sides? Lucky guy.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must confess that I haven't logged in for a long time so sorry to those that have asked questions.

I am still maintaining my gains, I am no longer on oral spironolactone as I tapered off this over a year and replaced it with RU. I used to get bouts of gyno on spironolactone, which I countered with Tamoxifen/Ralox but I am certain these drugs used to decrease hair quality so this came to be slightly self-defeating in the longer term.

I've found a relatively good regimen and stick with it, I try not to make too many changes. I've been on OC now for a year or so which has definitely added value, although I would love to use a higher concentration such as 5% (instead of close to 1% now) My current treatments are:
dutasteride ED
Oral minoxidil (5mg ED)
Ru (5% ED)
OC (1%) mixed in Neogenic ED
Castor Oil on hairline

I will get around to posting photos as proof - but I am much the same as the last photo I posted. Its worth noting that I definitely still go through periods of significant shedding, I think this is as a result of permanently being on treatments.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I must confess that I haven't logged in for a long time so sorry to those that have asked questions.

I am still maintaining my gains, I am no longer on oral spironolactone as I tapered off this over a year and replaced it with RU. I used to get bouts of gyno on spironolactone, which I countered with Tamoxifen/Ralox but I am certain these drugs used to decrease hair quality so this came to be slightly self-defeating in the longer term.

I've found a relatively good regimen and stick with it, I try not to make too many changes. I've been on OC now for a year or so which has definitely added value, although I would love to use a higher concentration such as 5% (instead of close to 1% now) My current treatments are:
dutasteride ED
Oral minoxidil (5mg ED)
Ru (5% ED)
OC (1%) mixed in Neogenic ED
Castor Oil on hairline

I will get around to posting photos as proof - but I am much the same as the last photo I posted. Its worth noting that I definitely still go through periods of significant shedding, I think this is as a result of permanently being on treatments.

Jack
I'm thinking of going on this regimen when i'm a little older. This is what's necessary right now to keep hair if you have aggressive male pattern baldness. Kind of sucks huh but I hope I get the type of results you did. Is your libido still around the same?

2Young4This

Reaction score
Excellent regrowth. And it sounds like you have a clear view on what's most important. It's good that you focus on your overall progress and don't obsesses over individual hair follicles. I started thinning at 19 and that was devastating, I can only imagine what it must have been like for you at 16.

You're looking great though, keep fighting the good fight.

Ebony

Reaction score
After seeing this and other results from taking spironolactone, I'm convinced it's the one thing to actually recover a young hairline. Shame it's a very risky drug for a regular guy.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't updated with photos in a long time but just to show that I'm still maintaining. Hair is pretty short in these photos too.

Attachments

• 20160414_181138.jpg
    20160414_181138.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,838
  • 20160414_181207.jpg
    20160414_181207.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,936
  • 20160414_181316.jpg
    20160414_181316.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 20160414_181350.jpg
    20160414_181350.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,778
Last edited:

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Jgray,

Can I ask you which website you were using to source oral spironolactone ?
Did you had any sexual sides ?

Best and good luck

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your regrowth is absolutely amazing. I should warn you that taking an oral medication that is meant for high blood pressure (hypertension) when you don't have it is very bad for your heart. You need to get your heart checked monthly. You do not want to develop ventricular pseudomegaly (enlargement) or any other abnormal heart conditions.

But damn what great regrowth!

Lito2

Reaction score
Impressive growth. Never heard of such an intense regimen. Give me hope though...if finasteride doesn't work for me I can always try this.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Your regrowth is absolutely amazing. I should warn you that taking an oral medication that is meant for high blood pressure (hypertension) when you don't have it is very bad for your heart. You need to get your heart checked monthly. You do not want to develop ventricular pseudomegaly (enlargement) or any other abnormal heart conditions.

But damn what great regrowth!

He only takes 5mg oral minoxidil though. Would it be even considered risky in such low dosage?

Kingreggie91

Reaction score
I understand and feel your pain. I started losing my hair at 15-16 and it sucks because I didn't know until one of my friends pointed it out. But wow man your hair is growing and that's excellent!

Last edited:

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome results. Hope you are able to maintain most, if not all, of that for years to come. *Knocks on wood