My Story: receding hairline at 16, NW3 at 19, Now 22 with Norwood 0.5/1

bts131

Reaction score
This is just insane. Congrats man. I guess when you go balls to the wall with treatments some serious results shine through.
How do you know about all these different treatments? This thread has shown me 3-4 treatments that I've never heard of. (Ramatroban,cetirizine/bimatrapost) Also, I'm curious about how a few people who have had terrible results with finasteride or dutasteride decide to go back on it after a while.

Thanks for sharing your story and congrats again, these results are remarkable.

capitan

Reaction score
I'm almost 18 and my hair looks just like your 2nd picture, minus the thin hairs in the temples.

I've been on finasteride for a month. Obviously too soon to tell if it's working.

Are you sure Finasteride did nothing​ for you?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm almost 18 and my hair looks just like your 2nd picture, minus the thin hairs in the temples.

I've been on finasteride for a month. Obviously too soon to tell if it's working.

Are you sure Finasteride did nothing​ for you?

Also, it seems you had pretty aggressive male pattern baldness. Did you notice shedded hair all the time? I'm losing hair young... but I only see 15 hairs a day, shower included.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, yes I'm still very much alive. I've made a small change to my regimen, got off spironolactone and replaced it with RU5% and still gaining ground. I'll take some pics and do an update soon. Jack

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I didn't get off spironolactone because of side effects or anything like that, I just think that RU is a stronger and i'd been on spironolactone for almost 3 years!

- - - Updated - - -

Took these today, hair is completely flat and also wet after RU application. You can see hairline still improving and hair is thicker too. Jack 20140426_153634.jpg20140426_154348.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bugger, no idea why they never come out the right way around. I've rushed this so you'll just have to turn heads/screens sorry

puzzbizz

Reaction score
I can't really imagine what is going on at the hairline. The older pictures showed this area much better.

BrianP

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on ur progress.. Just a question, i though men werent supposed to take oral spironolactone??

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
awesome results. I think im going for RU too...dutasteride/finasteride destroyed my hairline /temples ..maybe the dutasteride/ru combo will work

Lollerme

Banned
Reaction score
would be nice with some pics of your hairline, but you can already tell that your hair is in a good shape

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought i would post an update.

My regimen is still much the same, and still doing well. Recently I had a massive shed, lots and lots of hairs fell out. I often think that this can be linked to seasons, it's just getting cold and into Autumn here in the UK and i think this can sometimes be the trigger. Just anecdotal experience though, i also feel like i go through a big shed when it starts to get warmer. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Anyway, my hair has recovered fully, got some more regrowth right at the front of the hairline too. I'm still on 5%RU ED, 0.5mg dutasteride ED, Oral Min 10mg ED. Only addition i have made is neogenic, i genuinely believe this is helping, especially for all round thickness. Been on it two months. I did an experiment and applied it to facial hair as well and it helps to thicken this too. Thought that was interesting.

In the long term i'd like to add oc000459, i'm thinking about adding it to my neogenic, but i doubt i'll try this for a few months. I don't really want to add anything having just recovered from a shed.

Before you ask, i'm going to add photos on Thursday (day off), very busy at work and my girlfriend would ask questions if i started taking pictures of my head!

Best
Jack

Koseu

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are still doing well on your regimen! :)

I have a couple of questions though. Do you mind uploading recent pictures of your hairline?

And do you think that oral minoxidil made your body hair thicker?

Again, grats on the continued succes!

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to use Genox, this is because i got a mild case of gyno after being on spironolactone for a year or so. I took Genox for a couple of months and it disappeared.

Oral minoxidil made some body hair thicker and eyelashes longer - but i don't have excessive body hair as it is.

I will upload pics in the next few days.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Great to read! What do you feel has made the best addition besides oral dutasteride and topical minoxidil (or wait, you don't even use topical minoxidil?). I'm on 'the big two' for over a year and I'm losing ground..

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results and hope for all of us who dont have success with dutasteride!

Where do you buy ur RU from?

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a heck of an extreme regimen you've got. It's no surprise you've had such good regrowth. I just hope you're aware of how potentially dangerous oral spironolactone, oral minoxidil and tamoxifen are to be putting in your body. Even dutasteride alone is taking a risk.

I am, nonetheless, happy for you that you have had such good regrowth. Your regrowth is certainly very impressive!